Demovora Cain

What are you listening to right now?

141 posts in this topic

yeah i already accidentally killed one of the holy knight npcs and i killed the giant. i should have waited and became friends with him but the ring was one i needed XD (dex build in medium armor) I'm still in the swamps but i have one of my three sets of endgame armor (fallen knight). still need a better scythe/reaper, shield is good till endgame when i boost str which is a looooong way off.

@original post "no reply at all" by genesis

Oh snap, hope it wasn't Onion Bro, he'll be good to keep around. I feel ya, going tank build m'self, but I know by late game I'll be bouncing like a ballerina all heavy build in Black Leather, Cloranthy Ring, Grass Crest Shield and two handing something like a Claymore. Really, really want the Zweihänder.

@OP Method Man - Grid Iron Rap

Edited by Claudius Cass

i use scythes XD so pretty much draw them in attack while out of range of their weapons and roll away i have to have huge reserves of stam for the build to work properly havals ring helps with that so i don't need to put so many points into my load out weight (doing this build in med armor rather then light is abit strange). build is great for fighting groups of invaders because scythes do damage vs shields and bleed them. i also carry a ton of rotted pine for my blade so i just wear them down. the only real counter is ranged weapons (or me getting into a dead end :P ) but unless i have the misfortune of fighting a mage people are too paranoid about me closing with them to switch to a bow XD

Ahh nice, personally for negating shields I go dual or two handing shotel(s). Keep the stamina regen enough to dodge anything and get up close and personal. Remember though, mages are filthy casuals! Unfortunately haven't paid for plus so can't kick ass in PvP.

Compton: a Soundtrack by Dr. Dre.

i just got the shotel to drop in the catacombs im so happy XD its better then the base shotel in my opinion but the damage output is still pretty low even though im a dex build. ehh i have enough faith type magic to use force just in case something goes wrong XD and to push people into corners or off cliffs. magic isnt my forte... though with the introduction of the candlestick sword im very temped to make a battle mage build as it would be super op to have a sword and shield and still be able to cast without using a staff. that weapon is one of the best in the game for that reason alone. (yes when im high enough i will bring faith up to 40 so i can be zeus of darksouls :P though at that point the spears will be useless because il have the dragon riders bow and i can just ignore shields. -.- ) i dont care for greatbows. they are nice if your teamed up but they are too inflexible in fights and the arrows cost to much. (im a dex stam build so yeah im a bowman)

anyway at your next boss fight when you wonder if you should grind a lv or two just listen to shia:

:P

Getting this back on to the proper track :lol:

Feral Hearts ~ Kerli

I don't know what it is about this song. Went looking for something else on the tubes yesterday and this was in the jumbled list of "recommended" stuff based on what I typically pull up on this IP (I don't have a YT account). Clicked on it and was immediately like huh *download*. I don't know if it's the phase I'm going through right now or what but it just really resonates with me and makes me feel good, empowered even.

Also been listening to:

Medieval Warfare ~ Grimes

Heathens ~ twenty one pilots

You Don't Own Me (Clean Version) ~ Grace (a few people were kind enough to go through and cut out the obnoxious rap that was ruining a perfectly good song)

Yes, yes, all three of those are thanks to Suicide Squad, although I had a version of the last one from the movie First Wives Club.

~Rhannan

Alright, I'll update this since it's been a while.

I stumbled across a composer on YouTube that has tickled my classical-loving fancy: Peter Gundry. I have several favorites from among his (rather large and continually growing) selection and lately I've been setting my iPod just to his stuff and utilizing it to a) help reduce work stress and b) fuel my creativity. Gets me in the zone when I'm trying to distract myself with drawing on lunch and one song managed to inspire a poem. If you like and/or are in the mood for some classical, I'd recommend checking his stuff out. It ranges from lighter pieces to emotional to some stuff that I would probably wind up using if I ever ran a Raveloft campaign because muahahahaha.

Otherwise, I watched Winter's War not too long ago and heard "Castle" by Halsey in the end credits. I find myself with conflicting feelings on the lyrics but I like enough that I've added it to my collection along with a couple of other songs that I keep hearing at work so they got stuck in my head an-and I can't make it stop T-T

I've been in kind of a chill mode, as of late, so I've been listening to a bit of Steely Dan/Donald Fagen.  Not exactly Warduna I'll admit, but for reasons beyond any sort of rational explanation, it has just been sounding good. 

I am bursting with energy the days and listening to a lot of Loudness and Incubus Succubus during my waking hours. Just discovered that Wardruna makes perfect yoga music, too. And still nodding off to goth rock every night.

Posted (edited)

So ever since I started watching various anime, I found I really enjoyed this Japanese Pop stuff like what they open most shows with. Though sometimes I find music that I have no idea what it's from, but it's still great. I also have absolutely no idea what they're saying, but it is just so good that I can't get enough of it; which all things considered is really saying something since I tend to find Japanese dub anime annoying. I guess I enjoy the beat of music more than the message.

Anyway, here's one example that I've loved listening to.

Edited by DrakensonofDrakonis

Some of you may find this to be of interest.

I just love Omnia ☺

Simara! Are you in their locality? I don't expect them to ever visit us in the states, for obvious reasons, but might one day love to come see a concert in the UK.

No, not really...I live in Scandinavia and I don't think they have toured here either.