Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Simara

Remebering our home worlds and people

2 posts in this topic

Do you ever feel homesick and if so, how do you deal with it? Tonight is really bad, I am currently feeling so lost, alone and in desperate need to connect with other Elves...may they be Fae or Elenari. There is a reason why I have never really been able to connect with anyone in this world, it is not that I have disliked everyone that I have ever met online or offline, but in 99.5% of times that have just not been my people, meaning that deep down no matter how much I have loved and love them then I have always known that I was different from them and since the early 2000´s then I have known why.

I am from a race that was never numerous in the first place and most of my people are living off this planet. Envied is not the correct word, because I am happy for Vampires that they have such a strong community or at least that is the impression that I have gotten throughout the years, but my interaction with fellow Draestari has been very limited. There is not a hell of a lot that I can do about that, but making a topic on a board where we can share advice on how to deal with homesickness and how each and every one of us cope with it, is the least that I can do. What I am doing tonight is to watch a video with faces that I would have felt familiar with on another world a long time ago.

One night, almost four years ago, we stopped west of Albuquerque to look at the stars.  The Denver metro area has so much light pollution, that stargazing is difficult.  I saw a star formation, low in the sky and to the west, that looked to me, like a bipedal cat on a hunt.  I felt like I was being called.  That my home world was out there.  

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0