Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KingFisher

Otherkin on Magic

4 posts in this topic

I know that specific answers from person to person, I'd be interested in any stories about how people feel their 'other side' either helps or hinders their connection with supernatural forces. Given that all Otherkin are technically supernatural, do you see magic as being a more normal or important part of the world then people would give it credit for?

I'm going to add my story below.

I've always loved mythology and magic, I feel these are the most tangible parts of our abstract ideas. Growing up strictly atheistic, I had always been interested in finding evidence for supernatural occurrences and had a phase in my late teens and early twenties where I got into magic because I thought it might hold the answers. I tried had all the usual magical trappings, but the ones I thought had the best evidence were divination (you could predict events as an experiment) and mirror gazing (I really could see something in a mirror that had no reflection). Over time I would read about the brains ability to misinterpret visual information in the dark or on a reflective surface, I would similarly be convinced against divination through statistics and bias (we remember the hits and forget the misses). I would subsequently meet people who held spiritual or new age beliefs similar to the ones I use to have, only to now be trying to get them away from it.

Recently, due to a classic case of psychedelic mind-expansion, I've had a renewed interest in magical practice. Approaching it from the perspective of proving it doesn't seem as helpful; Besides things can be good for reasons other than we realize and true for reasons other than we understand. So there a specific interested in finding out if there's anything people do that they find helpful.

It all comes down to what you mean by magic; I work a lot with herbal lore and for me, there is nothing more natural in the world than drinking some birch bark potion when I got a cold or The Flu, yet somebody once claimed that me working with herbalism was magical due to that it was beyond mainstream, obviously, I disagree with that being magical.

I work a lot with tarot, now that I cannot really explain; I know it works but I do not exactly know how...not even after working with divination for well over two decades...so in that sense, I might be able to call it magic.

But as for energy exchange, psi feeding, sacrificing blood (and yes, I do that with my own blood); it is a thing which connects me to other dimensions. Almost everybody has an astral body which is our bodies on a higher density; basically the higher vibrations hence the faster frequency that they atoms vibrate on the less solid something becomes. The atoms in our blood vibrate on the second highest next to our astral bodies. So the blood in a ritual is a channel, a link to the astral plane and other dimensions beyond that. So i would not even call that magical.

But with all that said, there may not be lot of magic in the world from my perspective but there are a lot of intriguing, spiritual and marvelous things; when I look up at the North Star on the night sky I see what I believe to be The Black Sun in germanic mythology - a portal to the home of the gods and goddesses and who knows what lies behind that, most likely more dimensions than we can ever imagine, such as the realm of the dead and those yet to be reincarnated.

I think, "magic" is unexplained science. Though i do deeply wish it was real. In a sense it kind of is, its just not as we imagined it, that guy expelling light from his had, is actually holding a tiny battery power torch. Some people call the spiritual, magic, but that to i believe we will be able to prove one day.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0