Rhannan

And now we're back!

10 posts in this topic

*flops down in her usual spot in the library* Home, sweet, sweet home! It's good to be back and I'm really glad we were able to get our home back ^_^

How's everyone doing? Anything interesting happening?

Hooray.. *hands Rhannan a cup of hot chocolate, grabs a book and settles back with a sigh*..

I'm jobless and living off my savings. Not really interesting but definitely news.. lol

How's you?

~Lounges on a sofa by a fireplace, fiddling with a deck of cards on the coffee table~

Very sorry to hear that. That can be tough, but at least you have savings to live on for the moment. I'm sure you'll find a job soon ^-^

As for my side of things...life's been complicated. Work keeps getting worse and worse by the day, had to surrender my vehicle to my insurance company to try and afford a new one and, to top it off, Fate dropped an 18 year old in my lap with the purpose of me being a spiritual and occult guide to him. The first time I'm really stepping into that role and he is definitely not the most patient or wonderful student a teacher could hope for -_-; but at least he's trying. I see myself in him, so that gives me hope and his mother is also very well versed in Wicca, so she picks up where I'm inadequate.

I sincerely missed this place. Life has just been crazy xD

*Grabs the largest cushion in sight, throws it on the floor by the fire place, sits down on it with a mug of hot back current juice*

Nothing much is happening here. Just gone through almost two weeks of Earth Empath symptomer which is a lot longer than usual, some days I could not even exercise :S But all is well now, going to do some more reading and writing. Dreamt of little Luna last night <3

I know how you feel, Yaakov...I have been appointed as a tutor/mentor too and no, I don't mind sharing what I know, but some people just know how to drive you around the bend! I used to know this guy online who decided to make me his mentor and fair enough, I did not mind helping him out, until he suddenly felt all entitled and demanded me to be able to chat when ever he felt like it including when I was working from home. In the end I just had to delete and block him! 

I am out a job too at the moment. Good thing is that I have gotten a job consultant who is like I into heavy metal, punk, and the occult... I doubt that he will actually find me a job, but we have some good and fun chats. As for making money though: I am considering selling online tarot lessons and unlike my e-book, Green Dragon, then the books that I am working on now I will sell as e-books on Google books, Etsy, or Lulu. 

And I can only agree: I miss this place too. But face it, the only ones who can keep this place alive and buzfing is us :-) 

Mmm hot cocoa!\

Well, the tutoring thing is kind of bleh. If I could get myself into more and on a schedule, it would be going better. I guess I've just had a lot of trouble finding my rhythm sinc ejust before the end of the new year. I started selling some art tiles on Etsy and I'm working to get a short story completely revised and published. It was rejected from two places, so now I'm trying to just make some solid changes that will help refine the story and make it a bit longer. I'd like to self-publish it on Kindle and even do it as an Audible. I've started work on a collection of short stories and I'm just biding my time until I can get back to work on my thesis novel. The classes I'm taking this term aren't bad, just kind of frustrating at times because I'm having to do things I'm unfamiliar with, like create my author website and come up with a marketing plan. I did a site, but all of that is going to be under a pen name. Still working on getting the book of poetry together, I'm trying to make headway with that again but it's a little slow because I need to finish a painting that's supposed to be paired with one of the poems. I want to do it as a book of art and poetry, so we'll see. I have so many ideas and so little time to work on it all. I had to take a break from my computer yesterday. I used my phone, but never turned my computer on and I took some time to write, relax, and play a game. It was nice, just wish I could have maybe taken a second day to not be chained to my computer. Alas, the new week for class has started and I really need to put in some hours tutoring so I can pay these bills (which I don't think I'm going to be able to this month, honestly). I have no savings to live off of, unfortunately.

I am sure that things will work out with the bills, Rhannan :-) But yeah, being in an economical pickle is never fun. 

Too bad it won't work out for my bill that's due in two days! I've started trying to do more and put my stuff out there more. I just joined RedBubble and put my first item up, I also have a Ko-fi page now. I'm trying, but it's...hard. I've applied to some regular jobs again but I already know that there are so many I just can't do. I'm really close to having my first short story ready to publish. I want to do it as a standalone eBook and an Audible. So close....just waiting for some feedback now that I've made some really big revisions to it.

I am late in as usual, curls up I'm his spot next to the fire and reads the notes on the conversation so far. 

I am sorry to hear most people are having a hard time with work. I am doing well in this regard (you've all likely noticed my absence)  but it takes up a lot of my time. Also getting married, so more time. But mostly working and playing games like I usually do :)

Oh, fancy our Mog getting married :smile: It feels just like yesterday that you were a little shyte of a teenager :lol: Congratulations, Mog (and try not to set her so much on fire on your wedding night that you completely burn her out) :lol:

So who is the lucky lady? :smile: