Simara

Wooden watches

6 posts in this topic

I first wanted to post this on a the Elven board, but I have been told that this applies to some Vampires too...so here goes:

There are a few issues regarding time in my life: I have a really rotten conception of linear time, I do not own a mobile phone hence a clock in my bag, all the clocks on buildings where I live never seem to work, and I just seem to fry the batteries in conventional watches (see above paragraph). I have tried to wear watches on my right wrist because if I wear them on my left wrist over my Elven flow the battery will only last a few days, on my right wrist 1-2 weeks: when I practise my darts I use magnetic arrows and one day I decide to make an experiment. I have long suspected that my Elven flow equals stronger magnetism in my aura which in itself is an electromagnetic force field. And rightfully so, when I held an arrow over my right wrist I could hardly sense anything however over my left wrist I could definitely feel a magnetic pull. Now I am not technical minded by I know that too much ampere through a battery can really mess up an electrical circuit hence in this case blocking the power to the quartz crystal which makes the watch work. The problem is that I am mostly right handed which makes it a nuissance to even fasten the watch strap yet alone all the knocks and bumps the watch get's from everyday life. 

I would like a watch though for practical reason and it will not hurt if I can wear it as an accessory, too. I have really stumbled over wooden watches, I like the concept, and since there is no steel casing/conductor of magnetism, they should be sturdy enough for even me to wear one. But has anyone here, who normally cannot wear watches, any experience with wooden watches? Can we wear them or does the battery fry way to early like in conventional steel cased quartz runned watches? 

I'm fairly certain my old digital watch still runs because of excess current from me xD but don't look at me for an explanation for that. I'd be willing to bet Elves aren't the only ones who do this. In fact, a cousin of mine whom I suspect to be Dragon-kin, actually kills most watches he wears within a month or two. Most electronics seem to drain incredibly faster around him, up to an including his hand-held games, cell-phones, media players, etc. He claims it happened when he got struck by lightning when he was a kid. His family seems to back him up on it.

If you wanna be uber-druidic about it, I'm sure you could find a sundial watch.

I like pocket watches, they last longer on me. Tho my phone suffices. 

People definitely have electromagnetic  fields some stronger then others, there has been a few studies on it. 

But yes, poker watch super stylish and can be kept way from your strong EM points

On 30/1/2019 at 11:58 PM, Yaakovana Tovah said:

I'm fairly certain my old digital watch still runs because of excess current from me xD but don't look at me for an explanation for that. I'd be willing to bet Elves aren't the only ones who do this. In fact, a cousin of mine whom I suspect to be Dragon-kin, actually kills most watches he wears within a month or two. Most electronics seem to drain incredibly faster around him, up to an including his hand-held games, cell-phones, media players, etc. He claims it happened when he got struck by lightning when he was a kid. His family seems to back him up on it.

On 30/1/2019 at 11:58 PM, Yaakovana Tovah said:

I think a sundail watch would be well... a bit of a pain in the backside to wear... unless you have super strong wrists and lots of sunshine, I have neither :-D

I have however heard that digital watches are not so sensitive to magnatism, but I have never seen one that I have liked...they are too masculine and bulcky for my taste. 

As for other electronic devices running on batter power: I am sure that it said some where in the manual which came with my tablet how long the battery lasted. Problem is I threw the manual away a long time ago without ever having reading it in the first place :-D So I must confess that I have never really notice if I drain other electronic devices as I do with watches. 

On 31/1/2019 at 0:10 AM, Mog said:

People definitely have electromagnetic  fields some stronger then others, there has been a few studies on it. 

But yes, poker watch super stylish and can be kept way from your

On 31/1/2019 at 0:10 AM, Mog said:

But yes, poker watch super stylish and can be kept way from your strong EM points

I have had a few pocket watches, but I forgot to put them away in some safe spot, when I had Luna. She used to like playing with them and pushing them down from tables... then the glass broke and well, death came swiftly by the touch of tiny, and yet fatal velvet soft paws :-D

Edited by Simara
Sorry for the quoting mess. Something just seemed to go very wrong.

It's no problem, yes cats do like to push things from.high places. My cat has caught onto this recently 

On 22.2.2019 at 0:34 AM, Mog said:

It's no problem, yes cats do like to push things from.high places. My cat has caught onto this recently 

And once they started on that then trust me...they will never stop :lol: