Rhannan

Retrogrades, Retrogrades Everywhere

5 posts in this topic

It would seem that the last month-ish and the next month-ish involve a whole lot of planets going retrograde. I'm curious to know how everyone else has been coping with all of this mixed up energy. I've developed a renewed interest in some topics due to school-related things, and that has called a part of myself back out, unfortunately it's been a struggle to do anything about it.

Any tips, tricks, etc for dealing with it?

Everything being thrown into retrograde has scattered my energy to the winds. Even at work, trying to be myself and keep everything intact has been a challenge, but one I've welcomed. It's given time for self-reflection and reworking how my energy operates.

I've also learned some important limits...

Because my Celestial body draws from the universe and the unification of elemental symbolism to my body, and subsequently my soul, I've had to become very precise on which parts of my body represent what, especially the chakras.

It was a concept I was already familiar with, but everything going whack has forced me to relearn my body and how it will affect me on the Astral Plane. 

These things made me realize there are a few things I do not have an effect on, or rather, things not part of my being. Because I'm a manifestation of the universe, trying to call upon beings or energy to help me utilize the specific chaos that is the Void is impossible. My being can't handle it as it feels like it'll tear me from the inside out. 

Being rooted in physical states, also means I can't use Astral Space for remote, temporal viewing. Matter only moves forward, not backward, at least not without some mechanic that bends quantum laws. As a result, my being on the Astral plane feels transfixed to the present, an important distinction for me.

How this works with my precognitive states however is something I have to examine in length and ultimately don't have an answer for...my mind might be making random predictions that make it feel like temporal viewing, but in actuality may be trying to think of scenarios randomly to determine certain outcomes. I don't really know what to think of it.

On a smaller note, with the retrogrades, I've felt disconnected from my first Tarot deck and had to find another. The next one is specifically noted as a Cosmic Tarot and seems more receptive now. Whether this is temporary or not remains to be seen.

Hope that was informative.

Mostly what I got out of that is that you've had to do some more in-depth self-exploration. Would that be correct?

I haven't tried to use any of my decks during this time but with the New Moon/Solar Eclipse energy and Friday 13th, I decided to do a couple of spells. Oddly enough, I felt the energy from them pretty clearly, I just have to wait for them to start working. Today has been a bust with the loss of one of our dogs, so I'm just trying to work through that, but the retrograde activity has definitely been interesting. Some part of me that went inactive has become the dominant thing again and I've really been trying hard to work with that energy. It's just been a struggle since it feels like there's a bit of a disconnect. Or rather, I think it would be better to say that it feels like the energy around me, the energy that isn't mine, is hindering me.

1 hour ago, Rhannan said:

Pretty much, though it felt more forced because my natural "curve" as it were got thrown off. If you can imagine energy having a spin, its like I'm used to it spinning one way and then it started going the other way, leading to collision. If that makes sense.

I work to balance my three main images. I have the masculine image and the female image, the third coming into alignment when they do. Before the retrograde, my masculine energy was a lot denser and more forceful with the feminine more reduced and lighter.

When the retrograde started up, their personalities shifted. All of a sudden now the feminine side is stronger, more aggressive and cunning, where as now the male has become like air, more flowing, ethereal and complementary to her.

I don't believe in fixed gender roles so it wasn't hard to get their middle ground again, but it was definately a learning curve.

I've had my energy change direction on me before, and I can make it change direction on my own, so I know about what you're describing.

I can't say my main aspect is dormant now, just refocused. It was the renewed interest and subsequent research in things relating to the other that caused the shift. The retrograde is just interfering with my ability to sync with it like I normally would. Honestly, the hindrances act almost like a funnel that's also a bit of a maze and you have to find the best way to filter through and narrow things down. If I were to spend a little more time on that I might be having more luck, but I'm too mentally drained right this moment.