Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rhannan

Time to say goodbye

14 posts in this topic

Earlier today my mom woke me up to ask if I wanted to go with them to the vet. One of our dogs, Atticus, has been suffering from bone cancer for the last couple of months and today they decided it was time to say goodbye. Within an hour of getting up this morning, I said farewell and watched his suffering come to an end. He's somewhere on the other side, across the Rainbow Bridge, playing with the others who've blessed our lives.

I'm going to miss you, Atty, but I'm glad you're not hurting anymore.

Again...I am so very sorry for your lost, Rhannan *big hugs* Loosing a beloved baby is never easy.

But yes, the poor love is in no pain now and playing somewhere beyond the rainbow bridge.

*hugs* Thanks, Sim. My mom is definitely taking it the hardest. It was weird going out into the living room today and not seeing him on the couch.

I know how it feels, my dog died when I was 11 and it took me years to learn to cope with his death...and I still miss him.

And my home, well my whole life feels empty and lonely without my little cat girl.

Your mother will too, in time, learn to live with the lost.

Yea, she will. We all will.

Perhaps another kitty will enter your life.

I am very sorry to here.

When I lost my snake, people kept asking me if I was going to get another.

A little back story, I always always felt drawn to snakes, I was asking mum for a pet snake for years. One day when I was a teenager my gf found some in a store and took me to go see them, when I saw her, tiny little baby snake, smaller then all her siblings, votes snake you will ever see, I had this urge to pick her up. All her siblings would bite at you when you got near, but she just let me pick her up, she crawled up onto my glasses and went to sleep. I spent all my savings and bought her and a tank for her right there and then, and walked out with her bearly able to see because she was on my glasses still, I only took her off and put her in the bag so I could actually drive home she was not happy about that.

Anyway we spent a lot of years together, but she got sick and died from a snake disease called sunshine. 

Anyway, it's now 4 years later and I have not felt the need or want to get another snake since. It's not that I don't like them anymore, just that I no longer have the urge to get another. I miss her with my whole being, but I have learnt to cope.

12 hours ago, Rhannan said:

Yea, she will. We all will.

Perhaps another kitty will enter your life.

I don't know. My economy has been shakey for quite a few years now. Things were a bit different almost 20 years ago when Luna and I found eachother, I was not wealthy or rich (and never have been) but I could afford to buy a brand new cat bed, special kitten food etc. everything that a new cat baby needs and wants. But the last decade or so the budget has been tight, there has always been  money for cat food, litter sand, gifts on her birthday and such. But an emergency visit to the vet or even a monthly payment to a cat insurance...Luna was too old to be insured even at the age of 9, when we moved to Sweden...would have knocked over the monthly budget completely! So even though I miss holding and cuddling a cat...I simple cannot afford a new baby :-! 

And sorry to hear about your little snake girl, Mog. Personally they scare the hell out of me...but yes, I know that they are creatures capable of giving and recieving love too :-) 

5 hours ago, Simara said:

I don't know. My economy has been shakey for quite a few years now. Things were a bit different almost 20 years ago when Luna and I found eachother, I was not wealthy or rich (and never have been) but I could afford to buy a brand new cat bed, special kitten food etc. everything that a new cat baby needs and wants. But the last decade or so the budget has been tight, there has always been  money for cat food, litter sand, gifts on her birthday and such. But an emergency visit to the vet or even a monthly payment to a cat insurance...Luna was too old to be insured even at the age of 9, when we moved to Sweden...would have knocked over the monthly budget completely! So even though I miss holding and cuddling a cat...I simple cannot afford a new baby :-!

Ugh, yea, the budget thing. That's part of why I haven't taken one of my babies to the vet yet. Until I secure a job, I just don't have the funds to take him and pay all of my bills. I'd really like to take him, if only to be told he's fine just maybe has some allergies. My mom came in the room the other night and he started sneezing and coughing some, told my mom he wasn't doing it until she came in. So we think part of his problem is that he's allergic to dogs (which wouldn't surprise me since he didn't start doing the sneezing/congestion thing until we moved back in with my parents).

3 hours ago, Rhannan said:

Ugh, yea, the budget thing. That's part of why I haven't taken one of my babies to the vet yet. Until I secure a job, I just don't have the funds to take him and pay all of my bills. I'd really like to take him, if only to be told he's fine just maybe has some allergies. My mom came in the room the other night and he started sneezing and coughing some, told my mom he wasn't doing it until she came in. So we think part of his problem is that he's allergic to dogs (which wouldn't surprise me since he didn't start doing the sneezing/congestion thing until we moved back in with my parents).

Yes, it does seem like an allergy. Aaaaawwwwww, the poor little love :'( 

32 minutes ago, Simara said:

Yes, it does seem like an allergy. Aaaaawwwwww, the poor little love :'( 

I still don't really like how thin he's gotten, but for now I will just wait and see. Once I've got a job again I'll be sure to get him to the vet.

On 16/7/2018 at 9:23 PM, Rhannan said:

I still don't really like how thin he's gotten, but for now I will just wait and see. Once I've got a job again I'll be sure to get him to the vet.

I know :)

Oh Rhannan, I'm so sorry.. Both for your loss and for the worry you're going through with your other little one..

How is he doing now?

Thanks, Dem. I had a moment of sadness last night. There's this sound I make occasionally, mostly to mess with the dogs, and it would always get Atty howling. I made it jokingly last night when I was saying goodnight to my mom and it made me think of him and how he used to whine and everything.

Dante is idk. I still haven't taken him to the vet because I can't afford to yet. He is definitely very thin and I'm not sure what is going on with him. As soon as I have a job I'll be taking him to the vet. Fingers crossed I get one soon.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0