Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SnowCat

I Think a Co-worker is, Dragon-kin

4 posts in this topic

I think one of the supervisors at work is Dragon-kin, but has no idea.  He has some interest in the metaphysical, and i have directed him to some resources, but how would i even begin to tell him that he might be Otherkin?  My cat senses tell me that he's Dragon, beneath the human persona.  Another co-worker wears a Pentacle, but I haven't yet discerned if she's Otherkin.  I suspect that she is, but the supervisor smells strongly of dragon.

I strongly believe discovering kinness is deeply personal. So my advice is don't force anything, if it comes up in conversation offer advice, but it's not necessary to bring it up

Got to agree with Mog: One's kin kind is a very personal and private matter. And even if you can sense another person's true form and that they are Otherkin, then you should never intervene without being to invited to do so in neither their slumberness or awakening, because...

1: It is private matter of no concern to others and most Otherkin prefere to keep it that way...at least offline!

2: Some slumbering Otherkin just do not want to know...full stop!

3: Pushing Otherkiness on slumberes and also those who are awakened may be taken as a sign of you believing to know everything and them knowing nothing...you are the superior mentor and them the ignorant novices. But fact is...no one is an all knowing superior expert and acclaimed mentor and leader when it comes to Otherkin!!!! Even those of us who have been awakened for more than a decade do not  know everything about what it means to be Otherkin!

First off the term Otherkin is very broad!!!! I am a Draestari Elf, but I can never really understand and certainly not know how it feels to be a Vampire or Dragon despite them both being Otherkin like myself.

Second off, an awakening takes a long time and one person's path of awakening may differ a lot from another person's path.

And thirdly, a mentorship should be based on a mutual agreement...and respect!!!  Unlike what some migth think,  the role of a good mentor is one of humbleness!!! Your are there to give possible answers to questions, but NEVER EVER to push someone to down a certain path, to mold someone into a kind of Otherkin fitting your ideas and desires, and in general act superior. Otherkin is not a cult!!! Always be respectful as a mentor and mind your own business unless being asked otherwise.

4: Discovering fellow awakened Otherkin does not automatically mean that you will become best friends!!!! Some Otherkin, just like humans, simply just cannot stand eachother...for various reasons!!!

So if the topic of that mythological creatures might be real or the likes comes up in your work place, then my advice is to  join the conversation and speak your mind, but otherwise keep your Otherkiness and those of others to yourself. And for all we know, your supervisor and your co-worker may already be members of this or other forums for Otherkin.

The short answer for me is that I agree with Simara and Mog. You can't push someone to wake up or talk about it. My mom is...something, I'm not sure what exactly but I suspect a possible hybrid, and getting her to open up spiritually to the metaphysical has been an on-going thing for years. We've never broached the kin subject because I know she's not ready and because I don't really want to talk about it myself. I think she can see that I am something more but she's clouded by her upbringing and beliefs. It's hard for her to accept some things and I don't want to push her. People have to awaken and accept their truth on their own, you can only advise if they ask for you to help. I've certainly had people who tried to tell me what I am and make me feel like I needed to rely on them for discovering myself and figuring everything out. It's a bad situation to be in, very toxic and abusive.

If your co-worker brings it up, then by all means talk about it, but until then just...see how things go. Like Simara said, some kin do no want to be awake, they would rather sleep. It can be painful to be awake for some of us.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0