Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Firebird

Discord server

7 posts in this topic

What's a discord server?

I just did a quick search of "discord server" online and if it's what's popping up then two things:

1. That's a request that needs to be put in the announcements/talk to us section so the admins are more immediately aware of it. Not that they don't look at the whole forum, but requests and ideas for specific things to add to the site like that belong in that section where it will get their attention faster.

2. This is not a gaming forum nor is it an RP forum, and for the most part you won't find any of us hanging around on here to chat while we are gaming (for those of us who actually do). There is, or used to be, a chat function on the forum, however, due to the lack of activity lately it doesn't get much use. I can't see how a chat program that is largely designed for online gamers would be of much use to us as a forum. Individual users who want to interact outside of the forum, perhaps, but not the whole forum.

Now, if you meant something else by "discord server", then I second Dem's question.

@Demovora Cain This is what I found, among other articles: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discord_(software)

Discord is simply a chatting and voice service, used a lot by pc gamers. I use it for remote dnd.

Remote DnD sounds like fun <3

It's pretty great. Makes it a lot easier to find groups. There is a virtual table top program call fantasy grounds and on their forum people meet up to join games

That does sound like a lot of fun. Maybe when I don't have crappy internet and am not busy with school? I am really looking forward to that break between terms this time; it's only one week but man do I need it after this class. I've been gaming a good bit again in my spare time though. Console, of course, and I've been focusing on my PS4 games because it appears that I need to get a new controller for my 360. I'm not surprised since I did get it used from a friend who had bought it for his kids, so I'm sure the controller has seen a good bit of abuse. It's mostly the right bumper and sometimes when I stop moving my character keeps walking and I'm like uh please don't walk into something and kill yourself because that would really suck. I got annoyed enough when I was trying to play Witcher 2 the other day that I said screw it I'll wait to get back to my 360 games until I've been able to get a new controller.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0