Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rhannan

An Idea

6 posts in this topic

Would anyone be opposed to or in support of a kin dating advice thread? We all seem to have our own experiences with this and could possibly provide some input for those who are currently in or thinking of pursuing a relationship. It doesn't need a special spot, the Drawing Room will probably be the best location for it, and it would be a good place for those who have questions just as much as it would be for those who have advice.

I think it is a good idea! I am not the kind of person who needs to be in a relationship in order to thrive, but I can imagine that many teen -and adult Otherkin out there are lonely and would love to find someone who will understand how it feels to be Otherkin and love them as Otherkin.

If we can offer them a little help, advice, and insight then it will be great.

I think I could use the advice far better than I could give it.

Well, except don't online date. Meet people in person so you can confirm they are who they say they are.

Yea online dating seems to be a mixed bag from what I've heard. One of my brothers met his wife online and they've been married for a few years now, but then there are always those horror stories you here like um....no I think I'll keep trying the old-fashioned way, thanks.

But you never know what input you might be able to give, Draken! I've recently had some useful advice reiterated to me courtesy of the universe.

I have never been involved with someone who was Otherkin.  Apparently, one of me is enough.  Fortunately, my Muggles have been receptive and respectful with regard to my Otherkinness.

Ah, you're lucky there, Snow. Most kin I've been involved with have been less than savory in a relationship and most non-kin have shown they're unreceptive to the idea so I never brought it up with them. There was one person I think I told and he was sort of fine with it but mostly disinterested, of course that seemed to be the way our relationship went after a while anyway.

But the question still is: would you be opposed to a dating advice thread? It doesn't have to be about just dating kin as I'm sure most of us have dated non-kin as well. I know there's an old thread lurking around somewhere about coming out to others, so if we could dig it up again perhaps you wouldn't be opposed to adding some of your experience on broaching the subject with others? There are a lot of kin out there who just aren't sure how to bring the topic up and want insight from those who've done it. Or perhaps that could even go in the dating advice thread. Bringing it up can be hard for a lot of people.