Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SnowCat

Many losses

3 posts in this topic

I have had too many losses over the years to list them all.  Some have hit harder than others.  The three children who were never born, my ex, and all the cats who have passed through my life.  I guess it's an off assortment, but those have been the toughest for me to endure.

I miss my maternal grandparents, my dog, Flame, who died when I was 11, and my cat, Luna.

The death of my grandparents were a blessing in disquise: they were both very ill and in pain. 

The death of my dog was tragic: he was only three years old when he drowned. And as for me mourning him: at the age of 11, I was told to get over it because he was "just an animal" and that triggered my chronic depressions.

Now with the death of Luna, I am extremely fortunate to know people who love animals and understand my grief. So her passing is a bit easier, but as with my dog then I will never stop loving her.

I have been through the passing of several of our dogs over the years, one was specifically mine but the one I mourn the most passed five years ago in her sleep. I still miss Loki and I know that she comes and checks in on me sometimes. She and I were very attached to each other.

They are never just animals, they are family. My cats are my surrogate children and I know that I will be heartbroken when they pass.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0