Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Simara

My little cat girl has died...

13 posts in this topic

Today, just one week before her 20th birthday, my lovely little cat girl, Luna, died in my arms...and I cannot stop crying.

I am going to take some time away to mourn.

I have only spent one single night away from her in since she move in with me in August 1998...I do not know how I am going to fall asleep to night...

Yes, it is...but Luna's soul and I have recieved a lot of love and support from people that I know...and that means the world to me!!!!!

Memorial plaque - and finger ring have been ordered and paid for. Next is to look for a suitable burial spot: right now she is lying in my freezer wrapped in a soft travel bag with her two favorite toy mice, her Bast statuette, her dreamcatcher that used to hang over her bed, and a lock of my hair.

She is frozen stiff now, but I still stroke her gently now and again. 

And now the tears are flowing...

Edited by Simara
It's easy to make grammar erros when you are crying.

Oh no. I am so sorry to hear that. I wish I could give you a long, long hug, and loads of tissues, cups of sweet tea and medicinal mead and generally take care of you for a while so you can grieve properly..

We've always had kitties and I get attached very quickly..  I know it's like losing a part of yourself when they leave, especially when you've been companions for such a long time..

I know that you know her spirit will always be with you, and I hope you find a safe resting place for her earthly form.

My love to you sweetheart. 

Thank you, Dem *big hugs*

She will be buried out in the forest.

My condolences, Simara. :( It's never easy when the ones we've lived our lives with for a good chunk of our lives leave us.  It wasn't all that long ago that I lost my partner in crime of 17 years. He's still here with me, though part of him is in the lake he loved so much, and he is also watching over my mom, as he took a special shine to her when she first fell ill, like he was protecting her whenever I'd come to visit.   She may have shed her physical shell, but she'll never leave your side, Simara. *hug*

Knowingly and silently takes Simara and curles up into a nice secure, comfortable ball around her. (stay as long as you need no one will bother you here)

I am so sorry to hear your sad news Simara.

May her spirit light the heavens until she is ready to return for another earthly journey.

I have moved this topic to the newly created Hall Of Spirits. I hope you approve.

On 28/4/2018 at 10:35 PM, Vaerynn said:

My condolences, Simara. :( It's never easy when the ones we've lived our lives with for a good chunk of our lives leave us.  It wasn't all that long ago that I lost my partner in crime of 17 years. He's still here with me, though part of him is in the lake he loved so much, and he is also watching over my mom, as he took a special shine to her when she first fell ill, like he was protecting her whenever I'd come to visit.   She may have shed her physical shell, but she'll never leave your side, Simara. *hug*

I know that. The night after she died, I swear that I heard her meow. 

Things are getting better now, but it is going to take a while getting used to being alone and not crying when thinking about her.

*hugs back*

Just now, Simara said:

I know that. The night after she died, I swear that I heard her meow. 

Things are getting better now, but it is going to take a while getting used to being alone and not crying when thinking about her.

*hugs back*

And thank you all for your kind words...it means a lot to me.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0