Simara

Friday nights of the past

6 posts in this topic

Just to try and make things a bit more lively around here, I remembered a game from another forum, I once stumbled upon:

In all simplicity you write what you would normally have done on a Friday night, going 10 years back in time, for each time such as...

Today: surfing Youtube

10 years ago: got drunk in/at The (enter pub name) with some friends.

20 years ago: played video games, until my parents sent me to bed...

Etc....etc...etc.

But be aware, this will give hints to your true age :-D 

My turn first...

Present day: listening to metal vids or watching obscure movies on YouTube.

10 years ago: working online from home hoping to scrape enough money together to get by on. Provision salary only!

20 years ago: at some black metal -or goth gig and having the time of my life :-) 

30 years ago: at some punk gig and having fun as long as no poured beer over my massive mohawk.

40 years ago: pissed off because I had to be in bed by 9pm. Just waiting to be a teenager so that I could do what I wanted...or so I thought. Snuggled up with my dog.

Present Day: Watching youtube and playing videogames

10 years ago: Finding much desired acceptance in a pack of wolves

20 years ago: Wishing I was older

30 years ago: I don't remember. Probably getting told for what reason I was sent to Earthrealm, but the Lithe Barrier is such a pain.

Present Day: Videogames, possibly a glass of wine, homework, some other hobby I've picked up.

10 years ago: If I wasn't working then videogames, reading, the tube, getting drunk either by myself or making the trip downtown to one of the bars.

20 years ago: Reading, being told when I had to go to bed, might've been playing videogames at that point but I don't really recall when exactly I completely hooked.

30 years ago: Whatever infants do???

Present Day: Hosting game night at my place, with probably Homecooked dinner.

10 years ago: Attending game night at my brother's place, still probably making dinner.

20 years ago: Working in the shop with my grandfather, or walking the wild woods on our mountain.

30 years ago: Being shortly pre-conception.

Today: Currently at work. Afterwards, either play MTG, Battleborn or some other, probably, single player game.

10 Years Ago: On a Friday night? I think I was still playing D&D with my cousins at that time. That or my bff. If not, I was probably on Gaia Online or Xat, being a lurker on 4chan or watching anime.

20 Years Ago: Might've had a sleep over with a cousin at our grandmother's house. We usually played Yu-Gi-Oh or whatever video games were available at the time. 

30 Years Ago: Blurry at best. Long before conception. Have no idea if I was somebody else, doing something important or if I was floating around in the Aether. 

Today: Drinking and playing games with friends while my girl plays games next to me with friends.

10 years ago: forging friendships with foreigners and practicing another language.

20 years ago: cartoons and some truly close to heart toys.

30 years ago: infinity and a purging cycle of rebirth.