Yaakovana Tovah

Lucid Dream States

2 posts in this topic

So, an interesting event occurred last night, where I got to experience my true self in the dream world.

Normally, I don't dream. Very rarely do I experience the sensation of consciously dreaming, even rarer for me to go lucid and take control, but last night, these two things happened.

I don't recall what exactly transpired before hand. I remember getting in a fight with other people, being followed, something about being hunted. Towards the end of the dream, I had been locked into an almost perfectly square and empty room. At the far side of the room, sections of the wall moved towards me, reacting how I moved. Protruding from the sections of wall that moved towards me were two-inch rail segments that held razors that blurring back and forth from extreme movement. It was a death trap room and I did my best to avoid it for as long as I could, but eventually found myself between two sections of wall.

I tried to squeeze in the empty space between them, but the empty space was quickly filled in response to my effort and I found my body pressed against the wall. I felt the razors cutting into my flesh, making an imperfect grid on my body as I was being pressed against the wall to my back, which opened its own sections with these blades as well. I was going to die this way, slowly being cut and crushed to death. I could feel my body compressing and when I was close to feeling the sensation of being popped, I transformed. I can't describe it any better, as it happened very quickly, almost in a snap, going from my human image to that of my inner-self.

I became truly aware of what was going on now. Up until this point I was still in an observational mode, but when I shifted into my form, I became lucid in the dream state. Though I was still pinned to the wall, I was aware that the walls couldn't crush me, straining to do so and the blades weren't cutting me anymore, only having been a minor annoyance at this point. I remained pinned to the wall, hoping that I would've been let out eventually, before awakening.

As someone with next to no experience with being in the lucid state, this was wondrous for me and I carry it in the waking world. It was an amazing sensation to be aware of and wanted to share this with others.

Also, I wanted to ask if anyone knew how to consistently get into this lucid dreaming state and wanted to ask if anyone wanted to share their own experiences.

Thanks for reading and commenting! :)

I'd recommend checking out the Spiritual Dimensions or Walk the Ancient Pathways sections. There are already threads in one or both of those about lucid dreaming and astral projecting.

That's great that you were able to experience this. I rarely manage it myself but over the years have learned to work with it better when it happens. I used to jerk myself out of OBE states all the time by accident when I realized it was happening or when I realized I was dreaming. It took a lot of mental training and reminding myself not to get too excited or surprised when it happened, to just relax and go with it, taking control slowly rather than in a state of over-excitement. It's not easy for everyone to do and I still can't trigger the state on my own, in large part due to my medications I'm sure, so I have to wait for it to happen.

There are lots of books out there with recommendations, like keeping a dream journal which will help you to recall dreams more often and learn to realize when you are dreaming. I've never been successful at keeping a dream journal. Like I said initially, go check out one of the other two sections, as those are where topics like this would be found.