Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DrakensonofDrakonis

Why Call of Duty

28 posts in this topic

Yea on my first two files I managed to save everyone, but I've been making different choices in this file, letting others do operations instead of solely using Leliana. My bad on that one. Now my Inquisitor is in mourning and should be allowed to have a special cutscene with her lover like in DA2.

I really have no way of being a part of these conversations since I don't play Dragon Age, or Assassin's Creed. I tried Assassin's Creed, but I was never able to get into it because it suffered from two major problems for me. First being that it was a long game. Not that I have a problem with longer games, it's just I think Assassin's Creed started coming out around the time people started demanding 10+ hour long games, and they hadn't figured out that quantity doesn't equal quality. So what we wound up with was five hours of decent content spread thin across a 15 hours of game. My second issue was the core gameplay was all about stealth and sneak attacks, and I'm more of a hack and slash kind of player. That's actually the same problem I have with Metal Gear Solid. They create an awesome world of war with great action going on so frequently, but all Snake does is sneak around it like a pussy. Thank goodness for Raiden, he made Metal Gear Rising the most fun of all the Metal Gear games. 

Dragon Age I honestly never picked up. I remember I asked someone about it, and the only thing I wanted to know was "Does it have dragons in it." I'd just got done with Oblivion, another midevil fantasy adventure, and it only had a dragon as a cutscene. So when I heard that Dragon Age couldn't be bothered to have dragons - I think they said it had 1 and she was in human form the whole game - I considered the game and any that followed it to be an oxy moron and never looked at them again. 

Not only that, I've grown rather tired of all these midevil fantasy games that have you play as a knight in shining armor running around slaughtering dragons and other cryptozoological creatures. Where is the game that lets you play as a dragon flying around slaying knights in shining armor? That's the fantasy game I want to play. 

Those are just my own personal issues with the games, You guys can enjoy whatever games you want.

Edited by DrakensonofDrakonis

From what I heard there are two high dragons total in DAO if you count the DLC and DA2 has 2 as well I believe, maybe a 3rd in the DLC. There are a lot of dragonlings in parts of DA2 to fight but I've not played the first game yet so not sure. I can say that there are quite a few high dragons in DAI to fight, though I'd rather not kill them, and they are much more varied in form and power than the other games. They actually have different elements they use so they're not all fire-breathing. They do, however, fly and they can summon smaller dragons to feast on you while they cackle from some unreachable spot on the terrain -________- I'd much rather not have to fight and kill them, there are some draconic mounts in the game that you can aquire (not that I really use mounts, kind of a waste of time if you want to actually explore the world), and there is one race in the game that has mythology stating they are descended from dragons. They don't know if it's actually true but that's what their lore claims. Some people didn't care for the re-spawning enemies in DAI but I liked it because it meant I could level up more; didn't care for the level cap-off  but whatever.

Not played Assassin's Creed yet.

Also, totally just finished Witcher 3 main story and I am waiting for the end of the credits so I can get back to the DLCs. I did have a pretty good ending (apparently there's a more negative ending depending on some choices you make) and have that yay sense of accomplishment. But it won't be complete until I finish everything! Like the one with the vampire lady who sings the creepy (but oddly soothing) lullaby. Credits.....neverending.

Mog, did you sit through the credits after Trespasser? I can't recall if you said you did or not.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0