Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rhannan

Room Request

4 posts in this topic

It could also be one long thread, that seems easier or more feasible. We have the Memory Garden for a place to share our past life recollections and we have the Storms and Heavy Weather to rant about things that are bothering us (or share big new, etc). I was wondering if anyone else might be interested in having a place to leave our prayers, wishes, heartaches for those we have lost, especially the animals. If a thread, then everyone can comment with what they want to put up and if someone wants to give wishes of support, etc to anyone in particular then they can do so by PM. If it's whole room them we can have it set up further however we want, either with everyone making a post of their own to share or we could even do inidividual sub-rooms for different categories such as  for saying goodbye to a beloved animal companion and one for people; perhaps some might wish to post a prayer to their ancestors long gone or to the lives, worlds, families they once had in their other forms. There is nothing wrong with grieving and nothing wrong with sharing it. We are a family here and while we stand on the sidelines and cheer on our brothers and sisters in their progresses and give them a help up in their pitfalls, I see no reason not to also make known that we are here and willing to lend a cyber ear to hear and shoulder to cry on. I do think it should be a members only place, much like the Battlements are.

I can't think of a name to suggest for it right now but I'll get it some thought and see what I come up with.

The main reason I am posting this is due to one of our dogs having some serious problems and it's hard to say what is going to happen. My mom is currently trying to get her an appointment with the vet tomorrow but if she seizes again badly enough tonight my mom will just try to get her to the emergency vet instead. It's not been going well....

Thanks for the consideration, I know the admins-that-be are rather busy.

~Rhannan

So sorry to hear about your little friend Rhannan, here's hoping the vets can help her.

We would be happy to create a room for you if you decide that's what you want.  Once you have a decision and a name let us know here and we'll do whatever we can to help you. 

Thank you! She seems to be doing better today, which is good because everyone in the house had to work today. My mom will be taking her to a neurologist on Monday; apparently this guy has had a lot of success with dogs who have seizures so we will see.

I have not thought of a name yet and as this is something for everyone I would be happy to hear any suggestions others may have for a name.

I think it sounds like a great idea: yesterday I found out that yet another person from my past has died relatively young (51)...sometimes I wonder if I will be the last one standing. Writing about the dead will not bring them back...but they will not be forgotten.