Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rhannan

Miscounts or Lack of Exploration?

3 posts in this topic

I know we've all had out fair share of bugs in games and we can forgive our guides and fellow players who are trying to help out when they're wrong once or twice. But at what point does it go from a miscount (or mis-whatever) to simply a lack of exploration? My current beef is with whichever idiot's post I read about Leshens in Witcher 3. I cam across my first accidentally, long before I was ready for it, and, because I was curious and didn't know what it was, ran after it. So.....I did manage to survive but only by running away. Afterwards I decided to look it up and see wtf that craziness was I had just encountered and found out about the infamous Leshen (probably my favorite monster in the entire game). But one post I read claimed there are only 3 in the game and as such they are a very rare beast. WRONG. Yes, they're rare and pack quite a wallop, but they're not as rare as this individual would have others believe. I just came across my 6th, yes, SIXTH, Leshen in the game. So either someone can't count or someone doesn't bother exploring. 3 were tied to quests, but of those 3 I just stumbled across the quest by random chance while running through the forest, I didn't pick it up from a contract or by speaking with anyone. The other 3 I came across either wandering around the woods or guarding treasure and, trust me, the parts of woods Leshens tend to pop up in seem to run with a very similar feel. "Old". Big, old trees and odd clearings. The last one I came across was pretty much the only oddball of the 6 but it was still located in an area very near some old ruins. I can't help but think that I'm going to run into at least one more during the course of this game.

Has anyone else come across an example of any obvious gross miscounts or lack of exploration in their gaming journeys? I'm curious to hear/read.

He probably meant 3 in the main story, but witcher 3 is a massive game. Most people wouldn't have even completed a fraction of it. 

But yes I've run accross people claiming facts that are clearly wrong, I put it down to lack of exp and wanted to sound knowledgable 

Yea, no he or she definitely said in the entire game not just the main story. And I'm not sure the 3 are really a part of the main story. The two contracts, yes, but that third one is just wandering around the woods doing his thing. I actually feel bad for killing them; they're forest guardians, old spirits, and just don't like their forests being messed with. Plus, I mean, they have wolves and ravens as familiars which is really cool.

I have actually completed a lot of the game I think. There aren't too many places on the maps that I haven't been at the point because I keep putting off the main quest to do every side quest except for the ones that involve horse racing and Gwent. But I do like the fist-fighting quests! I plan to be champion of everywhere soon as I get close enough level-wise. I am closing in on level 30, which is definitely high than I need to be for the main story, but I keep running these side quests and going after hidden treasures, etc.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0