Rhannan

Riddles in the Library

62 posts in this topic

Materializes in the library, settling into a large and comfy chaise surrounded by stacks of books.

So, would anyone care to play a game of riddles? Could be fun! The rules are.....whomever guess the answer correctly poses the next riddle, unless they can't think of one and volunteer to pass. Suppose I should start? Let's go with a classic:

What stands on four legs in the morning, two in the afternoon, and three in the evening?

Close enough! (The answer is "man" but I will accept human lol.) Your turn, Draken! *claps excitedly that someone is playing* ^____^

Alright, I've never been very good at these games, but I'll give it a shot.

I am tallest when young, and shortest when old. My purpose in life is to provide light, and create pleasant smells for those around me. What am I?

Ooo this looks like fun! I'll give this a try.

A candle?

I don't know many riddles but I'll try.

I'm wet but dry, and wild yet calm. I exist from nothing and live to change what's below me. What am I?

Sounds right, I think.

Here's one:

I am not always here, but you know when I'm gone. I am always in sight, but taken for granted. I can be measured but never weighed. What am I?

Sorry, Yaakovana, but you have to wait to pose your riddle, per the rules. The one who posts a riddle has to say whether or not the answer is correct and the person who gives the correct answer poses the next riddle unless they say they want to pass. So we have to wait for Greylight to pop back in.

Sorry for the long delay. I'm getting my gardens ready for the winter and helping my mom who's sick with pneumonia.

*bell rings three times* You win! Rhannan's turn! :)

Aww I hope that your mom gets better soon! :getwell: Been pretty busy myself with work, gym when I can manage it, and starting to get ready for class to start.

Yay! And as I am too busy and distracted to think of a riddle right now I will let Yaakovana's riddle stand.

Oh no. I hope your mom gets better Greylight :(

Okay, time for me to show off how bad I am at this game. Is it Light?

Edited by DrakensonofDrakonis

On 10/17/2017 at 5:41 PM, Rhannan said:

Sorry about that, chalk it up to being overzealous for riddles xD

On 10/20/2017 at 0:38 AM, DrakensonofDrakonis said:

Oh no. I hope your mom gets better Greylight :(

Okay, time for me to show off how bad I am at this game. Is it Light?

Crud, I realized I made a riddle that technically had multiple answers. Suits me for making riddles at 2-3 in the morning. The answer I was looking for was Gravity, but Light fits perfectly in there too, so I'll give it to ya.

17 hours ago, Yaakovana Tovah said:

Sorry about that, chalk it up to being overzealous for riddles xD

It's cool; I am quite fond of riddles myself (obviously).

I admit, I wouldn't have guessed Gravity, but it certainly fits. Still not sure if the point should really go to me for not getting the answer. Is everyone alright with me asking the next riddle regardless?

I'm fine with it. So long as the one posing the riddle accepts the answer, it's a go.

I actually had a different guess as well and probably wouldn't have thought of gravity.

Alright then, here's my riddle.

Always lingering, but never seen. I am everywhere, nowhere, and somewhere in between. 

My work lays where I travel; the sight leaves the mortals in fear. And should you be in danger, know that I am near.

A part of everyone's life, though no one calls me friend. You can run and you can hide, but I will always find you in the end.

9 hours ago, DrakensonofDrakonis said:

Alright then, here's my riddle.

Always lingering, but never seen. I am everywhere, nowhere, and somewhere in between. 

My work lays where I travel; the sight leaves the mortals in fear. And should you be in danger, know that I am near.

A part of everyone's life, though no one calls me friend. You can run and you can hide, but I will always find you in the end.

Mmm...if it's what I think it is, I've considered it an old friend. Would it be Death?

9 hours ago, DrakensonofDrakonis said:

Correct! It's your turn now Yaakovana!

Sweet xD

Mmm...here's one.

I hold you close. I show you the way. Some call me a liar, but you know the truth. I can't be made to testify, but everyone calls me into question. If I am not your friend, I can only be your enemy. What am I?

Is it love? (because Draken took honesty :P )