Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rhannan

Types of Healing

9 posts in this topic

I am looking for information on different types of healing. Reiki is the (mostly) obvious one that comes to mind, and I don't know a lot about it but have considered exploring it as an option for learning. I also know grounding can be used to heal in some ways. I'm looking for something to heal both myself and others because I definitely need a lot of self-healing right now and I would like to be able to help others (mainly animals :lol:). Does anyone have any suggestions or forms that they prefer/work well for them?

Thanks!

~Rhannan

Herbal lore always comes handy with a bit of help from the runes and astral healing...I used all three more or less every day, not so much as for healing...but most for prevention and the internal cleansing of my body.

I am going to add this one since I just experienced it yesterday in an unexpected, last minute trip to have some reiki and reading done. We did cord-cutting, which I haven't done with someone else before so now I know why I had so much trouble doing it on my own before. It's not so much that you need another person to help you but it is nice. Really, there's a lot more visualization than I was putting into the process. You're supposed to imagine the person standing before you, accept them and all that they are as an individual and all that they were to you, scan their body and find where the cord connects on them, then follow to where it connects on you. From here you are supposed to establish what the cord looks like, what color it is, material, how it feels, etc and then cut it however you feel best.

While I found that the cords for my ex-fiance and ex-boyfriend were quite different, they were both thin and easily cut with a pair of scissors (within my visualization). I have to say that I felt much better when it was done. I had described to my friend (the reiki lady) that I have been feeling "tangled" lately and was having trouble with sorting myself out and pulling away properly so all parties could move on and find real happiness. This is probably a part of the reason why. I feel freer, lighter now, and like I am able to better heal my heart and move forward with my life. Which is perfect because everything I've been experiencing along with everything that she was sensing and that came up in the reading points to really big changes and transformations ahead.

I definitely recommend cord-cutting as a method to facilitate healing, just don't do it maliciously or willy-nilly; you may find it could backfire if you are not responsible with it.

Well that leaves me out then! Forget the cord, I would love to punch my ex-husbands teeth out if not on the physical plane, then astrally...and then I would cut the cord!!!

Do you know if this Reiki lady believes in threefold law? They always seem to come with the warning of not doing anything maliciously. I believe in warnings when it comes to magic, but it is only when you regret your spell (curses included) that they will back fire.

I don't know if she does or not. She seems to be more in line with Christianity but open to spirits and whatnot. I don't really know how to explain it.

There are a few exes that I would like to punch, throttle, whatever, but it's really just not worth the time and energy. I typically don't do anything malicious or that I will regret in general, but I've never really put a lot of stock in the law of three and returns, seems a little excessive. I think the backfiring would come in to play because your will and concentration waver. I would like to think that karma exists though it often doesn't work the way we would like or as quickly. I do feel that sometimes we have to take care of our karma as well.

I discussed with my mom the possibility of doing some smudging and she is ok with it although I need to find time. We were talking about smudging the house together tomorrow if my dad is working but he's off so that's probably not going to happen. Right now I do feel like there's a wound in my chest from where one of the cords was removed. Did a good bit of damage to me, not just because of the removal but because of the entire relationship and the damage I did to myself with the way I handled moving from one relationship to the next. I need a good cleansing and I need to heal myself. Maybe try spiritually/astrally stitching it closed?

I wish I could say I just made a whole lot of sense but I'm so tired from work all week and preparing for this hurricane that may or may not hit us hard where I am. Still have some things to do to prepare.

I hope you came safely through the hurricane, Rhannan.

Thank you! And we did ^__^ Only lost power for most of yesterday (which unfortunately meant the water, too), but we had the generator and plenty of water set aside. I kind of wish it had lasted a little longer; everyone was home together and until my dad kicked the generator on and plugged the TV into it the house was relatively quiet. But now it is back to normal pretty much and back to work.

I kinda miss hurricanes, too :lol: I remember living in Copenhagen on the 11th floor seeing Luna being absolutely fascinated by the water "moving itself" in a glass on the table during a catagory 3-4 hurricane...but never had the power go.

That's pretty cool! We lost power in last year's hurricane as well, though for several days that time. I'm glad this wasn't as bad but at the same time I really would have liked to have been out of work for a while longer :lol:

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0