Simara

Draestarian memories

3 posts in this topic

As I requested the founding of this part of the castle, I think it a bit as my duty to plant the first seed in this new Garden of Memories, so to speak.

I can remember seven previous incarnations here on Gaia, were I was as now, disquised as a human, but I will not go into any details regarding those...at least not in this topic. I want to focus on when I was in true form on a home world called Selar! The things that I can remember are all from random visions that I have seen while being in a state of deep meditation or glimpse of events that I just cannot link to any events in my current incarnation. I am not claming that these memories are 100% true or 100% false...as far as anyone knows they may very well be true and until someone provides me with some solid evidence that saids otherwise, then I believe that my memories are true!!!!

I have got a feeling that Selar was not the first home world of The Draestari. I remember a very very old memory, just a glimpse of a Drae women standing in front of a pillar in some darkened room on something which reminds me of a space craft. In the last incarnation when I was in true form I do not recall any memories of space crafts, just a portal in space: I do not think that we as a race even had the resources undergo interstellar travels, since the Drae tribes were in ruins after a long war. So I have got a feeling that the memory mentioned above is the very oldest of my memories. I cannot tell you when this took place either...but put in perspective that I came to Gaia around 5000 years ago and that prior to the above mentioned war on Selar,  peace after The Tularian/Draestarian war had lasted centuries...then my oldest memory could, for all I know, go back tens of thousands of years and in some other dimension.

My memories about Selar are, I'm afraid...quite mundain. If you want to read about spider goddesses, battles and magic...then go and read War of The Spider Queen instead. What I am going to write about is everyday life, not fantasy!!!!

I remember growing up deep with in the forest. I had a cat that I loved very much, a father that I loved just as much, an annoying older brother, a distant mother and a warm hearted grand father. We lived in small cottages, like everyone else...but in our village there was one single large building made of what looked like sandstone. My mother used to spend a lot of time there in an office and later on, so did I. I am not sure what we did there, but I remember a desk with lots of scrolls and the likes. My father was in the army and had a rank similar to a general: however just looking at his face would scare most people, I have never seen a face so rough and scared...and I loved him to pieces!!!!! I can still remember being outside with my cat one day playing and then seeing him come home from a campaign, looking like a real mean bastard and then his huge smile when he saw me and lifted me up on his riding animal...which looked like a hybrid between a bison and a wild boar. I was really a "Daddy's girl", loved playing with his weapons and running wild...and my brother was so jealous :lol:

I cannot remember if I ever did make it into the military. I could fight, but I think that so could every Drae. When I got older, I moved into my own cottage with if not my bond mate, then at least a love mate. I worked along side my job in the office, with herbal lore, too. And life could have gone on like this for many incarnations and thousands of years more, had it not been for The Corruption!

Despite the above description of mundain life, then we did use magic on Selar such a sheilding...and the more risky sorts: there was a guild of mages on Selar who were a bit too arrogant for their own good. Their order had been forbidden, but of course that did not stop them from doing what they did best...conjuring entities of different sorts. On Selar amongst many Elenarian tribes it was normal for people to wear cloaks of a specific colour according to their profession...I remember that my mother's cloak was light blue...and the robes of the above mentioned mages were black...I shall therefor from now on refere to them as Black Robes!

Then one day, after centuries of peace the Black Robes summond something that they could not banish again. I do not know what name these beings called themselves, but later on by The Draestari amongst many, they were called The Vorjen, which roughly translated means...the enemy. Now centuries of peace is not a bad thing, but in this case it had made The Elenari in general a bit too safe and arrogant, so when the first rumours of The Corruption began, then no one believed them "because why would anyone want to attack us...*smug smiles all around*". Never the less, slowly but sturdy did The Corruption spread all over Selar starting in the most remote and rural areas. And corrupt is exactly what The Vorjen did: the most handsome or beautiful independent thinking Elenari Elf would turn into a sickly thin creature with skin like black oil, thin messy hair and no mind of it's own...nothing more than a minion for The Vorjen, who were busy burning down the wast wood lands and killing those that they could not destroy.

I managed to kill one of the corrupted myself, but in the end when seeing my forest burn...I just crashed!!! I do not know what happened to me personally just after that. But I know that by that time, people were very desperate: we had reacted too late and now nobody knew what to do.

According to the memories of Mog (and thank you for sharing your memories :smile:), the portals of which people travelled through from Selar to Gaia were very unstable, which indicates that they were made in a hurry. And we were rushed through the portals: stressed mages telling us to hurry through the portals. Even when I wanted to look back at Selar one last time, the Drae man who carried me was told off for halting people.

I remember nothing of my first days and nights on Selar. In fact what happened from my arrival on Gaia and until the day I died is one big blank page...I remember absolutely nothing!!! Mog has provide me with some details, but apart from creating tree house with the use of magic the first night on Gaia, the Elenari elves did what anyone would in the same situation: gather wood for fires and hunt for food.

In my next incarnation, I lived in northern Europe during the Iron Age. I was a happily married lady, but in a human disquise. 

I have much later on been told that unfortunately some of The Vorjen went through the portal to Gaia and The Fae realm, too. And this might very well have been why the mythical veil was created. And I have seen through their disquises on this plane, too. So The Corruption is not over yet!!!!!!

Would I go back to Selar again? Some one once asked me if I would go back running the risk of not knowing what I would face: My old home on Selar might be a lush forest again populated by strong healthy Draestari, it might be a complete waste land or even toxic like after a massive chemical or biological war of mass destruction. I do not know which, but sometimes I feel so home sick, that I just want to go back...no matter what!

A very interesting and, all the same, a very saddening read. Perhaps some day there's a way of restoring the plane. Won't turn things back the way they were, but, it could be solace to have your home back.

Honestly, from the circumstances we've discussed before, it may not surprise me at all if Selar is where I'm from. Doesn't match perfectly from what I remember, but I do remember that dark plague and I remember the rushed efforts to flee it, rather than fight the swarm it quickly became.

I hope that we are closer to removing The Veil than ever before and I can sense that Selar is still full of life...so all is not lost!

There were lot of homonid races living on Selar and at least five different Elven races as far as I know and the same can be said about the landscape: I can remember sitting on my riding animal at the outskirts of our great forest and looking at a large plain with mountains in the horizon. Personally I do not remember any cities, but according to accounts from other Elenari, then there were cities on Selar. My people lived quite isolated and did not mingle much with other Elven races.