Rhannan

Systems

9 posts in this topic

So, I know everyone has their favorite platform and most of us have probably had more than one. Currently I'm running with 3 systems: PS2, 3, and 4. If I still had my PS1 I'd be running a full house here, but I got rid of it long ago due to the fact that it was dying and needed help I simply could not provide. Literally, I had to flip it over or prop it on its side to get it to play and most of the time it wouldn't play a game unless it was one I had played on it before it started messing up. Sucked, but oh well. PS2 is still running perfectly fine so yay! In the past I have also had a NES, the one with the big cartridges (it was mostly my parents' though), as well as a Gameboy color, Gameboy Advance, and even a DS (might have been the lite version). I think that about covers what all I've had. I've played on other systems but not owned them. Frankly, I'm not sure what to do with 3 systems right now! I don't use the PS2 much right now unless I'm getting on to play a file I started on there, and now the PS3 might not get as much use either. But then I guess that will depend on what I am in the mood to play. Lots of games to beat on the 2 and 3 still.

What does everyone else have? Any one in particular that you prefer? :)

~Rhannan

These are my systems.

PS2 

PS3

PS4

PSP

X Box

Super Nintendo

Nintendo 64

Wii

3DS

Personally I like the Playstation systems the best. I like Playstation remotes better than X-Box (Though I can use them both). I also feel like I have more variety to choose from with playstation, whereas there's only one or two games on each of the nintendo systems that I like. 

PC master race :P

I also have a PS4, Wii-U, 3DS, game cube and a xbox 360, I've had to down size my collection a lot due to space and money requirements. 

for me its situational, it really depends on the game, games like Assassins creed are better on PS4, RTS's and FPS's tend to be better on PC, but it also depends on if im in the mood to sit at  my desk or lounge in my chair.

I have an Xbox 360 and an Xbox One.   The missus is kinda on me to get a PS4 for the house though. :D 

didn't like the 360 or the xbox one, Playstation just proved to be the better more reliable console both times.

I've played a little on the 360, but only because I've a friend who has/had one. It was enh, I'm a PS gamer through and through I guess (unless I want to play my Pokemons on the DS, but that hasn't been for ages now).

I have...

PS 1

PS 2

PSP

Genesis

Nintendo

Super Nintendo

Nintendo 64

Wii u

GB Color

3ds

xbox (burned in the fire)

Xbox 360

Xbox one

Commodore 64 (somewhere)

Panasonic 3DO

Computer ofc :P

I mostly play xbox but i have the wii for games like rune factory, monster hunter, SSB, mario kart, and such. Nintendo always has gems even if they don't pump out games like the other consoles and i will be getting the switch. I moved from PS to Xbox when i started seeing PS no longer taking risks and innovating. PS has started trying again however and i have to give kudos to them for 4k on consoles and VR.  ^^

I'm excited for Project Scorpio, and I'm interested to see how the console wars plays out in the near future because developing for PS will be much more expensive now then just putting games on Xbox and PC.

I used to have a Playstation 2 and silver edition Gamecube, but those are in an ambiguous at best storage container in my home city. I'm hoping they're still there as well as a few of my other treasured possessions I left with my brother.

Currently I own a 360 and the One. I spend most time on the X1 as the 360 has gotten old on me and, most of, my library of games I can get again for the X1.

I've owned most of the DSes before, but always got tired of them and eventually either gave away or sold 'em. Same for my PSP, which was worse, because there was legitly no good games for it that I could ever find or buy.

I want a really good reason to have a PS4, beyond just playing FFVII when it gets re-released, which might even see X1 release if we're lucky and I really, really doubt we're going to see KH3 any time soon, to my displeasure. 

I have a Steam account with half a bajillion games, but can't play any of them because my laptop is on it's last legs D:

I am having a minor problem with my PS3 right now: it doesn't want to speak with the TV. Or maybe it's the other way around? Or maybe it's a mutual not-speaking? I'm not sure. Already tried switching out the HDMI cable and even tried out the AVI output to see if that would work and nada. I finally bought DAO: Awakening for my PS3 and went to try it out (because there's only a 7-day return on the used games and I want to be sure everything is smooth with it), but nooooooo can't play it yet. System boots up just fine, doesn't shut itself back off or anything, and the TV acknowledges that something is hooked up when I turn it on because it switches to that "channel" but then it's just a blank screen that eventually claims no signal. So idk. Waiting on the man to come home and troubleshoot it with me. I'm tech savvy but not that much lol.

Contemplated getting a DS again or the PSVita but not really any games so far that interest me enough to put money into it. Plus I would only be playing at work most likely and an hour's lunch is not enough time when you're also eating.

FFVII re-release looks AMAZING!!! <3