Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fenris-Star

Dream Shifting

6 posts in this topic

I wasn't sure where to post this subject. So, this is about dream shifting as the title implies, many otherkin and therian have dreams in which they are able to shift their form to their 'kin form' or 'phenotype'. This is a very freeing experience, and sometimes it feels it can happen in an astral projection or lucid dream.

So my question, regarding this subject, is how do you induce these dream shifts? Do you recommend any techniques to induce dream shifting?

I think this may have been partially covered in some way in the Spiritual Dimensions section. I know we have a few threads on shifting running around, and dream shifting has come up.

Personally, I've never found a way to induce it, at least not consistently. Every time I try to line things up and figure out the triggers and connections between dreams where I am able to shift or even become lucid or astral project, it ends up falling apart. I know that working on inducing the lucid dream state is supposed to be a good way to help get there, but I've not had much luck on that either. I only ever seem to do lucid dream, astral project, or dream shift when I need to or if certain things line up just right within the dream state and I become aware enough to consciously make the choice to shift and/or change something. Doesn't happen often unfortunately and when it does I can't always keep myself in that state. Used to be, any time I would become aware that I was dreaming or getting out of my body I'd get too excited and jolt myself out of it. I've gotten better over the years but I still haven't figured out how to trigger it on my own, which sucks because I enjoy shifting and astral projecting.

Try starting with lucid dream techniques, you may have some luck with that. I've read up on it a fair bit in the past, lots of dream journaling involved and even doing things to wake yourself up throughout the night. And there are tests you can try within dreams to show yourself that you're dreaming, but you have to first get your mind to remember to do them. You might also want to try meditating before bed to set your intention and perhaps even get yourself mentally shifted. I had something else I was thinking of recommending but it slipped away. If I recall it later I'll add it. Hope this gives you some kind of starting point, though I'm afraid I'm not much help.

~Rhannan

When I go on the astral plane, I change into my true form...I know this because people have told me this when encountiing me on the astral plane and I can see it for myself. I never really did anything specifically to make this possible...it just happened and in an early stage of my awakening. It makes sense though: people in general show their true spirit form on the astral plane, which is why I can sense if people are Otherkin or not by just looking at their astral bodies or touching them.

But going on the astral plane so easily requires on important thing!!!! You need to learn how to go into deep meditation and become familiar with the astral plane. The astral plane is just like the physical plane: there are places of safety and there are dangers, there are nice people and there are arseholes...but there are no police to come and help you, if you pick a fight with the wrong person!!!!! You also need to activate and stimulate your third eye chakra. While doing so, you will be vunerable!!! This means that you must, if you are really commited to the cause avoid alcohol and drugs, as these substances will begin to cloud your mind, intuition,  and astral defences...which you will need to learn, too...even after just two glasses of wine or a few drags on a joint!!!! On the other hand, you will get a lot in return!!! Aside from knowing and sensing your astral body, you may also be able to see with your inner vision other people's astral bodies ( this might just be an ability that Elves have),  your intuition will grow alot stronger, and working with divination will be much easier!!!!

So if you really want this...then it is all down to meditating, meditating, meditating, doing research and asking people for advice and imput...the two latter you can easily do here in the castle 

For me, my true self asserted itself and made itself known before i was aware of it, so  have been dream shifting since before i realised i was kin, sorry, i can't help much, except to say that what Jalyndre has said is probably your best bet. once you have achieved that dream shifting should come naturally.

Well, I do dream shift already, though, I have been trying to induce it more often. Meditating, I suppose I may need to find time to do this, though in the past while trying it, I have either fallen asleep or just went into a peaceful state of 'silence' and being with 'what is' with no movement what so ever. Which I guess clearing thought can be beneficial too for other reasons. I remember, once when I had more success with astral projecting, I would wake up in the early hours of morning, then while I was still tired but awake, I'd go back to sleep and it was easier to trigger an astral projection that way, in the past, but now days my home situation is harder to allow that life style. Sometimes sleeping aids have helped, I also sleep with crystals, and drink a mugwort tea. 

The extra input is very helpful for inducing dream shifting thank you, I hope there can be more input on this subject as I find it very fascinating!  ^w^

If you're falling asleep during meditation that usually means you need the sleep. Have you tried guided meditations? Sometimes they can help. I used to use them when I would try to journey and I still use them to get myself into certain states or to trigger experiences. I have noticed that I have better luck with projecting or having an OOBE when I have woken up and am starting to fall back asleep. It doesn't always happen that way but some of the more recent experiences have gone that route. I think it has something to do with already being relaxed physically and hovering on that edge between waking and sleeping. A lot of my spiritual experiences that aren't tied to meditation happen in the between moments or within some part of the dream realm.

Sleep aids are iffy for me because I tend to build a tolerance fairly quickly. I can relate to the crystals; there are several by my bed and I like to keep a few under my pillow from time to time. They can be helpful!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0