Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DrakensonofDrakonis

Game advice, tips, and tricks

6 posts in this topic

Figured I'd start a topic for gamers to give each other help on how to beat various videogames we may be having trouble with, and at the same time avoid the internet trolls who drop unhelpful ego bombs like 'yah that was easy; maybe you should get good.' 

I do have a problem that's been stressing me out in Smash Bros Brawl, and that is fighting Crazy hand. My problem is not in fighting him, it's getting to him in the first place. The requirements for getting the Master/Crazy fight are to play on hard or higher in classic, and get to the final battle without using a continue. Now that's challenging, but it's doable; the real problem comes from the third criteria: reach the final battle within 9 minutes. That means I have to fight through 11 stages in under a minute a piece! Because of the game's legitimate issues - particularly overpowered shields and enemy AI refusing to get knocked off the map - all of my time gets eaten up before I even come close. I feel like Ganondorf could do it since he hits so hard he's practically a one punch knockout, but he's also really slow and I'm not good with him. The characters I am good with are Pit, Bowser, DK, Pikachu, and my best character Wolf.

So does anyone else here play Brawl and can give me some advice for how to reach Crazy Hand? What character did you use? Is there some fast smash strategy I should know about?

Hm I played that a while back but it was always with friends. I remember watching them fight the hands a time or two but I don't recall how (or if) anyone beat them. Wish I could help on this one.

I will pose an issue of my own, or two I suppose. In DMC (the first game), I am stuck on the very first boss-boss, the spider. I've read up on how I'm supposed to beat him but it seems like no matter what I do I just can't make the win happen. Most everything else in the game has actually been relatively easy to beat, I just can't seem to bring this dude down for some reason. Also, in Darksiders, I am stuck on Tiamat. I looked up advice on how to beat her as well and it's still pretty hard to accomplish. Aiming and throwing in time before she moves is difficult and to get the bombs on fire too is like ugh. I did manage to stick one in her mouth when she was about to shoot a fireball once, like someone suggested, and it was pretty funny to watch it blow up in her face, but she kicked my butt anyway. These are pretty much the two games I've been stuck on, any advice? :/

Oh I love Darksiders! sorry I don't know anything about Devil May Cry.

My advice for the Tiamat battle phase 1, if you're having trouble throwing the bomb and lighting it on fire at the same time, there are some time saving strategies I use. As she flies around, you can grab an inactive bomb and hold it in hand without it impeding your ability to evade. Don't bother aiming, just target lock her and throw when she stops. He longest delay is going to be the moment that she stops moving, so if you've already attached a sticky bomb - I don't think they fall off as she's flying - have your crossblade out and lock onto fire as you see her approaching. You should then have time to set target on the sticky bomb and throw it. You don't need to stand around and watch, just dodge - I find running perpendicular to her across the arena is pretty effective if you can't dodge.

Phase two happens after Tiamat has fallen down a couple of times. This is where she stands and fights on the ground rather than fly back to the air. When this starts, she may jump into the air. Get distance as fast as possible, and then your going to want to dodge the moment she falls because she'll create a shockwave that devastates your health. When she's landed and is actually crawling around, slice her up with her sword as much as you can. I advise from the front so whenever she swings her claws you can dodge to the side opposite of whichever arm she's using. Also be prepared to do a minigame in case she charges.

That's what I got, I hope this helps you.

So I finally beat Witcher 3, all the way save for like a the horse racing and the card tournaments. I will advise that when you do the Blood and Wine expansion and you get to the knight's tournament part, be either well-prepared for the horse race or be prepared to sacrifice the ultimate win in that because the race is extremely hard. I didn't do much of any fighting on my horse so that definitely played a part in my lack of winning (which I really hated to tap out on that one but I had other things to do), but you have to hit dummies and hanging targets from your horse as you're racing against the clock. Hitting them gives you extra time but you have to have the timing down. I looked up some tips and there's a sweet spot on the swing for dummies so you don't miss and for the targets someone recommended just stopping close enough to hit but not too close. Also there was some advice with turning down the sensitivity on your aiming stick. It's not pertinent to the quest that you win, but it'd be a nice trophy to have. And you can't just race the clock and win, I tried, you really do need that extra time to make it through all 9 checkpoints and get to the finish line.

For that super awesome best sword in the whole game that you have to go to an island in a lake to find, it is dependent on what kind of game you played throughout. At the very least throughout the DLC if not the entire game. I haven't read of anyone not getting it but I didn't look into it too much other than to find out whether or not it was worth getting.

I'll get around to blood and wine one of these days :p

lol it's a lot of fun and actually pretty long. I think there were a few side quests I missed that are random ones you happen on but I'm not too worried about it. I'm glad I finished although it was slightly anticlimactic. Ah well, on to DAO! Skyrim is peeving me......

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0