Rhannan

Favorite Game character

18 posts in this topic

*dives in* First topic, first post, first one to the new room!!! *flops down in oversized comfy chair*

So! Who is your favorite game character? I know we all probably have more than one, and it will evolve based on whatever game we are currently playing. It doesn't have to be a main character: it could be a summon or an NPC, even a mount or pet.

Right now, I am all about Fenris from DA2. It took some doing because he's so fickle and super easy to rival, but I managed to get a friendship romance with him on my second run through. I went with Anders the first time and it was really disappointing (he's so lame, ugh). I might play another round through and choose someone else (or see how the rival-mance with Fenris goes because it seems like it would be hilarious). Still, he is a powerhouse and I hate going anywhere without him because he is so useful. I have played as a rogue in my runs so far because it's the most versatile of the three options, and I'm always female. In my current file I actually stopped bringing a mage along unless I absolutely have to for a quest. Imagine a party of 3 rogues and 1 warrior. Muahahaha! And I love having the assassinate skill. So useful! But yes, Fenris is my favorite right now. I'm iffy on playing the other games just because he's not in them and I know I will miss his opinionated, angry, powerful a**. But I'm sure when I play the other games I'll have a new favorite :lol:

I also still have a love for Final Fantasy X. The summon system is pretty cool, even though only one character is able to do so, and my favorite summons are Shiva and Ifrit. FFX is the best version of Shiva, in my opinion. Now in FFVII, I really do like the 3 different Bahamuts but Red XIII is my favorite character from that game. And who doesn't love moogles, kupo? :P

Some of my other games I'm not far enough into for a favorite, like FFXIII, or there are just too many options, like Persona3.

Who's next?! :3

~Rhannan

Well this is a tricky question, I guess I'll answer it in catagories.

Favorite Hero - Raiden from Metal Gear Rising, just because he's a load of fun and I feel like he's the first real badass Metal Gear has ever produced.

Favorite Antihero - Kratos, God of War is one of my favorite game series of all time, and having a character that can strait forward rampage through a game ripping things appart indiscriminantly is such a joy - until you put it on very hard difficulty and your dying in one hit, then it's annoying.

Favorite Side Character - Big Smoke from GTA San Andreas. Ever since the first moment this character showed up, I loved him. He was the highlight of the whole game just for being a fat lovable philosopher of peace and war. Even when I found out he was evil I still liked him, and the hardest part of the whole game was when you had to kill him.

Favorite Follower - Veronica from Fallout New Vegas. She's just got all the right quirks and all the right attitude. once I find her at outpost I88, I stick with her the whole rest of the game.

Favorite Non-human Character - I actually have a hard time choosing between Amaterasu from Okami, and Spyro from Spyro the Dragon. I have a really fun time playing as both characters and both are from great games, but ultimately I think Spyro is just one leg up, just cause it was because of him that I wanted to be a dragon when I grew up. Oh look, some wishes do come true!

Favorite Villain - Though I mentioned Smoke earlier and he is technically a villain, this reward goes to Wolf O'donnell from Star Fox. While he's not a lead villain, and if anything is an evil twin, he's got all the qualities that make him perfect. He takes the side of the highest bidder and clearly enjoys his job. He's got a awesome ship, and awesome appearance, and an awesome gun. And in the games that were post N64 he also got an awesome voice. Not to mention, he's a wolf! As I said, he's an evil twin, which in my opinion actually makes him more of a threat to Fox because in those fights it's like he's fighting himself. Wolf may have been a real pain to unlock in Smash Bros, but even in that game he is the best character. 

Favorite Master Villain - This is a harder choice, just because pretty much all master villains in videogames want the same things: A rich man getting richer, the annihilation of an entire group, or to take over the world. Boring... There are a few out there that break the trend, but the one I like the most has to be Ruvik from Evil Within. He was a mad scientist who clearly had a messed up mind, but his goal wasn't to take over the world, it was to escape from the prison of his own brain. To that end he had the main characters running through a nightmare land that even Hannibal and Joker would look at and think the guy was nuts. And of course as soon as he showed up in a room with you, you knew you were about to die... horribly... 

Well that's my list, strictly all my opinion, so let's hear what someone else thinks.

Edited by DrakensonofDrakonis

Thanks for sharing, Draken! I loved Spyro when I had that games but never beat them. Sort of a theme for me actually lol. I gave up on the first one just because the final boss turned out to be a wuss who wouldn't fight me and kept running out of my reach. I gave up because I started getting migraines from chasing him around. And dizzy lol. Now I have to be careful when I play games with a lot of running in circles or a lot of circular graphics.

Never did play the Okami or Starfox games but I was interested in Okami. Might look into it eventually.

Yah Gnasty is a wuss. The challenge from that fight comes entirely from the level itself. Ripto's Rage and Year of the Dragon are much better in my opinion.

The StarFox games are more often than not just remakes of the first game, so appart from a couple that aren't really worth mentioning, if you've played one, you've played them all. 

Okami is a great game! The whole plot of it is you're a goddess who's lost much of her power, and you're roaming a land where demons and monsters are taking over and making everyone's lives miserable. And so everywhere you go your helping people out and getting them to praise the gods, thus making you stronger and able to fight the evil spirits that plague the land. It's based largely on Asian mythology - though how accurately I don't know.

Yea I remember looking into Okami and being interested purely because it's based on Japanese mythology. Actually part of the lore from what I have seen is that certain types of God's can lose power and cease to exist entirely if people stop believing in them and stuff.

Still just on the phone right now. Power people are being stupid. Online it says we have power when we clearly don't. Idiots.... -_-

I think there's something in Greek Mythology as well about if people stop believing in gods they will lose their power and die. 

Power people? Are they like the type of people we see comments from on Answers, Wikipedia, and Youtube that think just because they have an opinion they are automatically right? Or are they more like Atheists?

I meant "power people" as in the people from the power company lol. And they finally managed to get things back to working! ^^

Yuna, FF-X, Bahamut is my fav summon, shiva my second, then Anima and Yojimbo.

Vincient Valentine form FF VII, 

Charizard = Favourite Pokemon

Oh gods, Pokemon. I love Ninetales and Arcanine, as well as their basic forms. And then Espeon! In Platinum my Espeon was a powerhouse and could wipe out just about anything in one hit.

you see the new ice vuplix and ninetails?

Indeed I have not! Seems almost...wrong to turn fire types into ice types o__O

oh but they are amazing. look up alolan vulpix and alolan ninetails

*looks them up* I......still don't know how to feel about it .__.

I was really hoping for a Mega Raichu for gen 7, Alolan Raichu is too fluffy for my taste. Alolan Ninetails is pretty cool though.

yeah a mega Raichu would have been nice

Of the new pokemon i liked Salazzle and Kommo-o. Fav pokimon would be Salamance and Charizard... despite their awful stats XD

Favorite Characters will be rough...

Favorite hero: The Undead... He never speaks, has lost everything his family his home and even his humanity and is ready to die plenty of times when i make a slip up XD (Dark Souls)

Favorite antihero: Big Boss (the one in phantom pain... i cant explain it without spoilers)

Favorite non human character: Ventuswill because she is probably the character i laughed at most during the course of a game and yet felt the worse for as the story progressed, i might have gotten some dust in my eye at certain points of the story. *sniffs* << doesn't hurt that she is a dragon either :P and I'm still mad she wasn't a marriageable character in the game XD PLAY RUNE FACTORY 4! YOU WILL UNDERSTAND!... -pouts-

Favorite folower/side character: Grunt... without a doubt... because of this-> (ME) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDmSY_58b00

Favorite follower for combat ability? Quiet... it was like i didn't even need to be there XD (MGS: phantom pain)

Favorite Summon: Bahamut before FF15. 15s bahamut was the only complaint i really had about the game other then it being relatively short. 14s was probably the best looking

Favorite Vehicle: The Highwind (FFVII)

Favorite in game army: Imperial Guard. The galaxy is a dangerous place in Warhammer 40k orks, demons, dark magic, bugs that threaten to devour all life and most of the time the only ones there to stop them is the Imperial guard. They also have the Baneblade <<

I think I will stop it there XD

Drake

My love of favorite videogame character is tied between two.

Dart Feld from The Legend of Dragoon on the original Playstation

and

Hotsuma Oboro from Shinobi for the Playstation 2.

I've had a lot of love for a lot of various characters, but I can't really peg "favorite" on any other than these two icons from my childhood.

One of my favourites now is Zenyatta from Overwatch. He has a couple nice voice lines and I love the overall theme and his abilities can be so so evil XD

Also, Bard from LoL. His lore whatever little lore he has left is awesome, he looks great and his kit is also cool! ^^