Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Eshtar

Drow

18 posts in this topic

heya. I besides being a *succubus* I am also I guess I would say Drow also called Dokkalfar or dark elf. O whatever.. Anyway i am trying to learn more info on Drow culture outside of games like D&D. I only had few visions of a cave dwelling.  Does anyone know of real Drow?  All i know is we are not that evil like D&D makes us out to be such as  always plotting ect against everyone else, or worshiping a demon spider queen goddess.. if anyone can help me learn more I'd be thankfull because all i find are games and hardly anyone comes out as Drow.  i was called fiction kin before and I am far from it.

Sure , I can, Mog :-) 

Right, Eshtar...pay attention :-D 

Here is what I as a Draestari Elf know (we are  not  really called Drow, but Draestari or Drae which means Deep people) We got this name because we used to live deep in the woodlands on a planet in The Sirius stellar system, called Selar. There were Draestari on other Elenari homeworlds, too (Elenari is a broad term for all Elves from other planets than Gaia). But I only have memories from Selar.

We werre not necessarily as evil as the fictional Drow, we did have an army...my father had a high military rank. But we were not the only ones with an army. Wars were fought and won, but then the corruption came which was the result if some black magic gone very wrong. I was not there when the following happened, by then I had already been deported to Gaia...but in the end, The Drae were according to many people's memories, forced into underground caves.

You can read more about our race and our home world here: Elenari info site 

And feel free to PM me if needed. And I am sure that one of our resident male Draes, Vaerynn will be more than happy to help you, too. Just one warning though...in his case fiction and reality does overlap a bit, sometimes our Vaerynn reminds me a lot of Pharaun Mizzryn (a D&D male Drow with quite a personality) :-D 

And just out of curiousty, Eshtar...howv long have you been awakened and do you have anymore memories? I have been awakened since 2001 - 2002 and I would like share my memories with you, if you like.

Knew you could help :) thanks Jalyndre.

I do not feel elenari or a connection to other planets but... This was recently when someone was explaining real *dark elves* and whatnot and Drow started to really ring.  But have pet peevs for some reason when the Norse lump us right with Dwarves... or call us ugly ect. but I am just learning lol.  I would like to learn more.

I have been told that there are a race of dark elves native to Gaia, but have never met any. I am Asatru and I know everything about the old norse idea of dark elves, but I do not mind...beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I think that most humans are not worth a second glance :-D 

*chuckles* your right on that. I basically look similar to the Drow of D&D.  But we are not evil ect like how they portray us to be. But meeting other dark elves is very rare compared to running into light elves and such...

See Eshtar?  I told ya she'd help ya out! :D 

13 hours ago, Vaerynn said:

See Eshtar?  I told ya she'd help ya out! :D 

Okay, something fishy is going on.  I know that cute mouth of yours can be very talkative, so what have you been saying about me....other than that I am hot, fun, intelligent and simply the most fantastic person to have ever lived!!!:cool-smiley-006:

Edited by Jalyndre

lol not sure what to say about this one. You 2 are funny.

On 5/13/2016 at 0:54 PM, Jalyndre said:

Okay, something fishy is going on.  I know that cute mouth of yours can be very talkative, so what have you been saying about me....other than that I am hot, fun, intelligent and simply the most fantastic person to have ever lived!!!:cool-smiley-006:

Only that you've known you're Drow/Drae a bit longer than I, and that you may be a bit more of a font of knowledge than I, so sayeth my cute mouth. :D  Oh, and the epitome of Drae Hawtness. *grin*

Edited by Vaerynn

On 17/5/2016 at 4:16 AM, Vaerynn said:

Only that you've known you're Drow/Drae a bit longer than I, and that you may be a bit more of a font of knowledge than I, so sayeth my cute mouth. :D  Oh, and the epitome of Drae Hawtness. *grin*

This day is begining very well, I must say...by all means, comtinue with complimemts :cool-smiley-006:

Oh Jalyndre, slayer of evil, Drae uber cutie, and all around badass, we are marginally worthy to be in your presence. :D 

Yes, well of course you are...who wouldn't be :cool-smiley-006:

Not Drae/Dark Elf here, but throwing in my input.

Dokkalfar are not actually Dark elves even though it actually translates to "Dark Elves". They are actually Dwarves, both Ryn and Jalyndre can back me up as they know jus about much as me on norse myth as I do. The actual dark elves in that mythology are Svartalfar or "Black Elves".

Correct. If anything we'd be considered Svartalfar.   Interesting to note that according to certain Icelandic sagas, The Svartalfar were the ones that created all those wonderful weapons for the Aesir.   That's right, we're arms dealers. :D 

6 hours ago, Vaerynn said:

Correct. If anything we'd be considered Svartalfar.   Interesting to note that according to certain Icelandic sagas, The Svartalfar were the ones that created all those wonderful weapons for the Aesir.   That's right, we're arms dealers. :D 

Now that I did not know, the more you know huh!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0