DrakensonofDrakonis

Otherkin as Common Knowledge

53 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, Simara said:

It's strange...I experienced the complete opposite.

Maybe it's just the type of people I tend to attract in general then, because it's been like that with non-kin (the one-up thing). And I always seem to be the giver, usually at my own expense financially, emotionally, spiritually...etc. If this current attempt doesn't work out, I think I may just say eff it and no more.

Personally, I've never had good relationships with kin, and my only experience has been with dragons. Apart from one being a 16 year old guy in real life - an event that ended my attempts at online dating - I never seem to click with anyone. Then there are times when our own views on the world make us incompatible even as friends. I've never had a relationship with kin in real life.

Posted (edited)

21 hours ago, DrakensonofDrakonis said:

Personally, I've never had good relationships with kin, and my only experience has been with dragons. Apart from one being a 16 year old guy in real life - an event that ended my attempts at online dating - I never seem to click with anyone. Then there are times when our own views on the world make us incompatible even as friends. I've never had a relationship with kin in real life.

I've had a few kin friends in real life, and it was fine, the issue ended up being that university ended and I wasn't going to be able to stay in town anymore. Ultimately we lost touched as things like AIM and YIM lost popularity. That and I stepped off of FB for a while. It can be hard to meet kin in real life unless you meet online first, and it's always hard to judge whether you can believe someone you spoke with online. Thankfully the handful of experiences I've had with that haven't been bad. Once, though there was an issue. It wasn't the person I was meeting up with though, it was that individual's friends that I was being introduced to, who were also kin. They gave me very bad vibes and one of my guides who had decided to be very present for that venture told me, in no uncertain terms, to get out of that situation as quickly as possible. I didn't have the heart to tell my new friend that those people were bad.

Edited by Rhannan