Simara

Thought this day would never arrive...but...

26 posts in this topic

My book about how to live a greener lifestyle, Green Dragon, is finally ready!!!! :870: Well, I can barely believe it myself, three years of writing has finally come to a clossure and yes, it feels a bit weird, but at the same time, I cannot stop smilling *lol*

Green Dragon is a about everything from how to save water, to making your own organic make-up, herbal lore, detox etc. Going green on both the inside - and outside. Basically how to be an eco warrior in all aspects (well at least as many aspects as I could think of).

And the e-book is completely free of charge!!!!!! If you want a copy I will send it to you via e-mail including a password that you will need to unlock the pdf file. PM me and I will get back to you :smile:

Yay! I'm happy and excited for you!

I still am not anywhere close to finishing anything of mine >>;

~Rhannan

Thank you, Rhannan :smile: It feels weird though, I have been working part time on the book for almost three years and now it is done. I can not help feeling a bit empty, so to speak...but that will pass :smile:

Aye, congrats! Enjoy the fruits of your labor. Do post on what feedback you get it'll be interesting to hear.

Congratulations! I  know what it's like to finish completion of a major novel project, it seems so odd  when you finally get there. 

I wish you the best of success with its release! 

-Snowy

Congratulations! I haven't really finished any writing yet, but I would like to see yours! 

I have replied to your pm, Styxan and will send a copy to you tomorrow.

Congrats Jalyndre, 

hope it gets big for you :)

A little update:

I have had a few friend's request on FB from people that I suspect might be members of this castle! To anyone here who is also on my friend's list on FB: I have recently discovered that my free of charge e-book is "small" enough to be sent as a file on FB's messenger. If you would like a copy of the book, then all you need to do is to send me a message requesting a copy, and I will send it to you as soon as I have read your message.

Update April 11th 2017: with in the next couple of days I shall, for various reason, be deleting my profile on FB, so if you are reading this post for the first time, then please ignore the above paragraph.

Edited by Jalyndre
Important update

Hey, I know this is old now buuuuuut could you send me the link for your book? Also, how did you publish it? Like what platform did you use? I'm getting ready to try and publish a book of my own, so I'm trying to figure out how to do it.

On 30/6/2018 at 0:42 AM, Rhannan said:

Hey, I know this is old now buuuuuut could you send me the link for your book? Also, how did you publish it? Like what platform did you use? I'm getting ready to try and publish a book of my own, so I'm trying to figure out how to do it.

I will try and send the file to you on Skype, Rhannan. And as for the publishing: it is not published anywhere so to speak, but shared via e-mail and messenger software, so I cannot really help you, sorry :-\ 

2 hours ago, Simara said:

I will try and send the file to you on Skype, Rhannan. And as for the publishing: it is not published anywhere so to speak, but shared via e-mail and messenger software, so I cannot really help you, sorry :-\ 

Ah ok. It's alright! I've got a couple of leads on some platforms I might be able to use, now I'm just working towards getting everything ready.

18 hours ago, Rhannan said:

Ah ok. It's alright! I've got a couple of leads on some platforms I might be able to use, now I'm just working towards getting everything ready.

I just tried to send the ebook file to you on Skype...apparently one can send pdf. files on FB messenger but not on Skype. I will need to send it to you via email, girl. But as for publishing...why not convert the file you have written the book in to a pdf. file (that of course only you can edit) and sell copies of it on eBay?

Hm that's an option I suppose. I'd like to sell through Amazon though and be able to do physical copies. I'm actually selecting some artwork of mine for the cover and there is a site that I might be able to use for that. But I still have a lot of editing to do first.

Which email did you send it to? I checked my gmail but didn't see anything.

On 4/7/2018 at 0:24 AM, Rhannan said:

Hm that's an option I suppose. I'd like to sell through Amazon though and be able to do physical copies. I'm actually selecting some artwork of mine for the cover and there is a site that I might be able to use for that. But I still have a lot of editing to do first.

Which email did you send it to? I checked my gmail but didn't see anything.

Sorry, been having a migraine that just did not want to go away. Will send the e- book to you in a day or two, Rhannan.

12 hours ago, Simara said:

Sorry, been having a migraine that just did not want to go away. Will send the e- book to you in a day or two, Rhannan.

That's fine! Take your time, I'm not in a hurry :)

20 hours ago, Simara said:

I get these, I hate them so much.

19 hours ago, Rhannan said:

That's fine! Take your time, I'm not in a hurry :)

I will send you the e-book tomorrow, Rhannan :)

11 hours ago, Mog said:

I get these, I hate them so much.

Yeah, mine are aura migraines...I cannot barely write or even talk when I have those along with the spasms and light/sound sensitvity and dizzyness. People have actually thought that I am having a stroke when the migraine sets in, but it is completely harmless...unless you are driving a car or something like that.

Yoga is a good relief method. But unfortunately, I am not aware of any herbs that really help...or I would have included that in my e-book!

Chocolate or tea helps with headaches, but neither have enough of the active ingredient to stop a migraine ^^;

16 hours ago, Draken said:

Chocolate or tea helps with headaches, but neither have enough of the active ingredient to stop a migraine ^^;

Well, I can only confirm that! Have had yet another day of aura migraine and no food in the house. Despite not feeling well, I was forced to go grocery shopping and to avoid fainting...after not eaten for more than 24 hours...I managed to eat a bit of chocolate. And it does really help!!!! I have never been a chocolate lover, but this thick brown dry stuff actually has it's uses!!!!!

16 minutes ago, Simara said:

Well, I can only confirm that! Have had yet another day of aura migraine and no food in the house. Despite not feeling well, I was forced to go grocery shopping and to avoid fainting...after not eaten for more than 24 hours...I managed to eat a bit of chocolate. And it does really help!!!! I have never been a chocolate lover, but this thick brown dry stuff actually has it's uses!!!!!

Chocolate, tea, coffee, pretty much anything with caffeine in it can help with migraines. Most migraine medications (like Excedrin) are actually just acetaminophen and caffeine.

My bad luck that I do not like neither chocolate or coffee :D But I will always keep some tea at hand. Thanks for the tips, Draken and Rhannan :)