Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rhannan

Your favourite stones

7 posts in this topic

I love to collect stones and crystals, they make me feel good and I use them from time to time for meditation, protection, and even a little bit of healing although I suck at healing in a major way. Each has its use and variations and I know not everyone works with crystals/stones/gems.

My personal favourites are obsidian, garnet, moonstone, iolite, labradorite, garnet, lapis, tanzine aura quartz, garnet, aqua aura quartz, angel aura quartz, clear quartz, and garnet. Did I mention garnet? :lol: I tend to like a lot of purple, purple-blue, deep blue, and black stones, or ones that reflect those colours. I just tend to work well with that sort of energy. I tend to utilize obsidian for protection and grounding; I have a sphere of gold sheen obsidian that I sometimes use to meditate and relax because it doesn't really ground me but it does seem to help me calm down and get into a decent mindset, and it's great for protection. I do have plenty of other stones and crystals and chips of them, but I don't use them as frequently or just am not as attached to them. I really want to get some nice big crystal specimens to place around my home to help with the energy flow and just because they are so beautiful. They don't need to be huge, just bigger than something I would wear. I've seen some before in a shop and someone was going to buy it for me but....well that was a whole mess that wound up badly. In hindsight, it wouldn't have been a good idea to let him get the stone for me anyway. But I digress. I love crystals. And stones. And jewelry, because it has stones in it :hapydancsmil:

Who else loves crystals/stones/gems and what are you favourites?

~Rhannan

Well, I like moonstone and Obsidian too! And everything purple *-* One of my favourite colors, and purple energy is a very important and hard-to-use-properly energy, and I like challenges :D

My main Helper is Silver, though, but we're talking about stones here, right? :D

We can add in metals. I typically wear silver or white gold as it tends to suit me better, but I have a select couple of pieces that are yellow gold, brass, and copper. I love the rose colour of copper, but it's a pain to keep clean.

I have always loved purple, looked good in purple, and worked well with purple energy, although I did stick with blue for a long time. My main aura colour was blue there for a while, the few times I was able to see any of the layers, but it seems like my actual energy tends to be purple (via my own discoveries as well as being told by some very close friends who can see energy).

~Rhannan

Obsidian is a stone I really love! Its so black and smooth so it reminds me of my scales. On top of that, I love all sorts of crystals, gems and precious metals - especially silver, sapphire and diamonds. I don't get into them for any energy flow, but I do love staring at them in jewelry stores because they're sooooo shiiiiny ^^ Of course it gets awkward when a salesperson comes over and asks what my girlfriend likes, and I can't explain that I'm just in there for me.

In terms of Jewelery and metalwork, I prefer white metals, followed by red, followed by yellow. My father is a professional Jeweler, after my great-grandparents' teaching, and I have spent a deal of time working metals myself. My family are also Rockhounds, and our area is rich with mineral content. Trips to the garnet and geode beds were common in my youth, as well as hunts for raw Corundum in the silt hills. (Corundum makes up Ruby and Sapphire).

For spiritual purposes, I have found Volcanic and Tektite Obsidian to be most useful to me personally, followed by forms of Quartz. Apache tears hold a special place for me, as well as Garnet. In the end, it depends what use I have for the stone at that moment.

I have a website I often visit for stone meanings and such, figured I'd share it here since some may find it useful. It's not the be all, end all of stone information, but it's been helpful for me in finding information and choosing new stones when I have an opportunity.

http://www.crystal-cure.com/gemstone-meanings.html

~Rhannan

I don't have any favorites personally. :) I haven't had that much time to get to know the stones we keep around here.

We all use hematite for clearing negativity. It also seems to help when people have having issues with the computer - staying around it too much and getting bogged down. There are also a couple palm-sized stones of Sodalite and Labradorite people favor. :) We also use rose quartz a lot.

Individually, I know three people take to our lava stone - Beka, Nobody, and Basalt. Beka carries a piece of jade with her, and Nobody I think likes the sodalite too. Alecto favors garnet, while he and Dexyn favor tiger eye. I think RN carries orange citrine with him - Ts might too.

I know other people have their own preferences, but I'm not as certain about any of those. ^^

- Alethos

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0