Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mog

Mog and Rhannan

51 posts in this topic

After reading through my old story with fuzzbag and the comments below i saw an idea that i wouldn't mind doing.

GROUP STORY TIME

A figure walked through an ally, it was so cold his breath frosted as he exhaled. this weather is rediculous he thought to himself. Fire erupted from his hand, but not the normal fire one would expect, this one was black, although it still created heat.

He continued to walk along the ally the black fire in his hand granting some relief, a splash of someone stepping in a puddle pierced the eerie silence, he spun, his body automatically preparing for a fight, Just a cat. As the water settle along with his nerves, he peered into the puddle, his reflection showed his face exposed, his robe of shadows was barely able to cover his body let alone cover his face, what looked like demonic magic was pulsing through scars over the left side of his face, his Left eye none existent now just a mass of swirling black and red energy. I've lost to much energy, I had better find somewhere to rest, come on Vincent you can do it, banes is only a few streets away.

THE RETURN OF VINCENT!

its a group story, so i guess it could be a role play, but its more like if you ever had an idea for a character you can put it here,

Basically you just write the next part of the story then someone else does and so on and so forth, then it all comes together. it may be a jumbled mess it might not be.

if anyone is still confiused. go back and read Mog and Fuzzbag in the Writers Block, you will get the idea pretty quickly

From the shadows in the ally, a pair of green-gold eyes watched the man staggering around. The stench of demon magic was potent on him, as was the scent of blood. To her right, a ribbon of black ooze lifted from the cobbles and began to slither toward him, pulsing softly with ill intent. Annoyed that there were now two intruders with demonic energy before her, the cat leapt towards the source of the ooze and yanked it from the stone. After a brief tussle that she was sure would draw the man's attention, she crouched victoriously over her prey, swiftly devouring the demon before leveling her gaze at the man.

Another splash and the sound of fighting startled Vincent, he spun just in time to see the cat, devouring a demon worm.

"I am grateful little one, you are not all you seem to be are you" he said softly, with his adrenaline now wearing off, he slumped to one knee. "unfortunately it looks as though i may have to ask you for one more favour, at the end of the alley turn right, you will see a tavern, it will look like something out of a medieval story, inside give the owner this" said as he summoned a scroll small enough to fit in the cats mouth an d placed it in front of her.

he moved over to the wall and sat leaning against it, hoping that he was right about the cat.

She considered for a moment, assessing the potential threat he could possess. The air around him was sick and growing more unstable, so she chose to seek the help he requested. Picking up the scroll, the shadowy cat twitched an ear and lashed her tail before disappearing around the corner. She slipped quietly in through a cracked window on the second floor of the tavern and found herself in the owner's office. The pacing man in front of her was a bit disheveled and obviously preoccupied so she sat on his desk while waiting to be noticed. After a few moments of listening to him mutter she lost her patience and huffed at him. Startled, Banes jumped and turned towards her.

"Goodness!" Relief appeared on his features. "I wasn't expecting to see you Rhia. What brings you here tonight?" The cat stretched her neck out and bobbed her head, drawing attention to the scroll. "Oh? Hm..." Banes took the scroll from her mouth and brushed his hand across her head before swearing and yanking his hand away, trying to shake off the remnants of shadow that clung to his skin. "Can't you turn that off when you come in here?" He fussed, more out of habit than anything, and read the message. "Take me to him, dear." Together they left out of the window, shadow cat and cloaked tavern owner, so as not to draw attention to themselves. Rounding the corner into the alley, the made their way quickly to where she had left the sick man behind.

Rhia disappeared into an alley, Bane close behind turned the corner into the alley just in time to see Rhia tussling with another demon worm, a spark of fire sprung from Banes finger tip, shooting towards the worm, on impact the worm bust into flames, "you really shouldn't eat those, dear, they are not good for you," he said with smile.

Rhia gave him a disproving look for taking her food/toy then walked over to the now unconscious Vincent and sat beside him, the smell in the the air around him making her slightly dissy.

"He's in worse shape then i thought, now to stop the bleeding" Bane said with a sigh. He knelt next to Vincent and placed his hand just over his chest, sparks began to fly out from his hand and travel to all the wounds on Vincent body. With the smell of burning flesh now strong in the air, Bane picked Vincent up and trudged back to the inn.

Rhia waited for Bane to carry Vincent out of the alley before dropping her shadowy coat. With the inky substance dispersed, shimmery white fur was revealed, swiftly followed by a flash of brilliant white and gold fire that briefly engulfed the alley, erasing any remaining demon taint. As quickly as the flash appeared, it disappeared, and Rhia stood in the alley once more covered in shadow. Bane poked his head around the corner, "are you coming or not dear?" The cat flipped around and headed towards the inn to watch over Bane and his companion. It took a small bit of finagling to get the unconscious man through the window and Rhia watched on in amusement until finally they were both inside. Thunder rumbled as Bane began work on Vincent. The cat picked a comfortable spot to straighten her fur and curl up for a nap. The energy she had expended needed to be regained, and there wasn't much she could do to assist Bane. Eyes closed, she listened to everything going on around her: the faint clink of glasses and other tavern noises below, the growing storm outside, Vincent's unsteady heartbeat. "Lazy cat," Bane snorted softly as he walked over to grab something from his desk.

Bane sat beside Vincent eyes now alight with fire from all the magic he had been using, "Sorry Flare, I know healing is a great tax on you" he said seemingly to himself, its fine, this is Vincent after all, said a voice resonating inside Banes head.

Rhia still dosing near by, talking to himself again? she pondered.

A thunderclap startled Bane from his thoughts, "I had better check on the Tavern, Rhia can you watch him please. he seems stable. Also did you see a Scythe with him at all? it should not be able to leave his side." he asked a tone of worry in his voice.

Healing is taxing on everyone, Bane. You need to rest. Rhia opened an eye and stared at the innkeeper before uncurling herself and stretching. Don't worry about the scythe. It's safe.

"Safe?" Bane shot her a quizzical look and waited for her to explain. The cat rolled her eyes and jumped into the middle of the room. When she sat the shadow coating her spread out in a circle, her eyes glowed golden, and the inky darkness on the floor writhed. Slowly a scythe rose out of murk. Black tendrils of shadow set it carefully against the wall next to Vincent, then suddenly everything settled.

Happy? She flirted her tail and smirked at him then settled back into position to nap some more.

"You are some piece of work, Rhi." Bane shook his head in bewilderment as he walked away to check on the tavern. He wondered just what else the mysterious feline was hiding.

"So it would seem I was right, you are more then you seem to be. Your Shadow cloak is intriguing, I have not met another who can manipulate shadows as I." Vincent's voice still sounded weak.

Rhia gave Vincent a confused look, you where unconscious, how could you have known, Said a voice calmly inside Vincents head

"Ah telepathy, you are even more interesting by the second. I cannot close my eye, even while asleep or unconscious it sees everything." he muttered as he slipped back into unconsciousness.

Something caught Rhia's eye, I could have sworn that Scythe just moved...... she thought as she moved closer to inspect, a bolt of lightning outside distracted her for a second, when she turned around again the Scythe was gone. Her heart now throbbing in her ears as she looked around, another bolt of lightning tore through the air just outside the window forcing her to close her eyes and deafening her for a few seconds. When she opened her eyes her heart stopped, there floating a few inches off the ground, next to Vincent's bed was the Scythe. she stood there staring at it, not breathing or moving, hackles standing straight up. Just as she started to feel like she could breath once more the door swung open, and Bane walked in.

Bane saw Rhia, clearly in a bit of distress, he looked around the room then chuckled as he saw it. "calm yourself dear, it is meant to do that, it means he is recovering. You would find trying to suck it away with your magic would no longer work either. Its a part of him you see." He placed a bowl of water and a plate with some meat on it, in front of her. "Would you like anything else?" he asked as he placed a cup with what smelt like water infused with some strong herbs.

I did not "suck it away", the cat huffed, I merely concealed and transported it. A scythe like that is...a rare thing. She lost herself in thought for a moment, recalling some distant memory of a similar scythe. Rhia lapped at the herbal infusion and contemplated the possibilities. I need to consult, she stated after a few more moments, which needs to be on an empty stomach. This event has only added to the growing number of things that don't add up lately. Thank you for the consideration, Bane, I'll eat later though. Rhia got up and slipped out into the storm, seeking a bit of insight on the matter. Bane knew little of her and her origins, and she knew it was safer for it to remain that way. Her sources meant continued secrecy, especially from the demon-sick Vincent now recovering in the innkeeper's office.

Bane picked up the meat and took a bite out of it as he watched the very strange Rhia leave, "Something tells me she will be back." he said in between bites. He sat at the desk next to the bed Vincent was in, turned on the desk light and started to work through some book keeping.

Vincent's head throbbed as he sat up.His stomach grumbled and his throat parched. "Think I'll grab something from down stairs" he muttered as he got up, placed the blanket over the snoring Bane, who he noticed was still wearing his brown thick leather trench coat, leather hiking boots and jeans. Probably still wearing that earthy red, button up cotton shirt too. I wonder where that strange cat went, he thought while rubbing his human eye and donning the black cloth shirt, jeans and leather boots Bane had left him. He decided it was time summoning shadows to form a cloak around him, and stumbling out the door, scythe floating close behind.

As Vincent stepped into the common area of the tavern, his scythe suddenly disappeared. The weapon was still present: he could feel it floating near him, it had just become invisible, something he had not done. He looked around cautiously, trying not to appear alarmed and looking for the source of the brief spike in magic.

You really should be more cautious with that, child.

The hair on the back of his neck stood up at the familiar voice of Rhia in his head but the cat was nowhere to be seen. As his eyes continued to wander the room, a woman dressed in black caught his attention. Her aura was subtle, cloaked, and while she didn't look up Vincent had a strange feeling he knew her. He staggered a bit over to her table, noticing the faint shifting of shadows in her hair. Suddenly it was apparent that, from her tumbling locks to her leather knee-high roper boots, she was covered in shadow. When he took a seat before her, the woman looked up and he found himself caught briefly in green-gold eyes. "Rhia?"

She grinned, a slight show of fangs, and there was soft laughter in his head. You seem to be recovering. I take it Bane was sleeping. Vincent nodded, a bit stunned but somehow able to mentally reconcile the cat with the woman across the table from him. Yes, she prodded him after a moment of silence.

"You can't speak aloud?" Rhia contemplated how to answer, adjusting a buckled shoulder strap on her corset. I guess she's not cold, he noted at her lack of blouse or coat.

I could, she finally replied, but it might hurt your ears. And no, I'm not cold. I don't feel heat and cold the same way humans do. Vincent cleared his throat at the realization that she could read his mind as well as speak into it.

"Well then, where does this leave us?" Vincent fell into contemplation and Rhia let him have his thoughts. She really wasn't too concerned with his opinion, but she wanted to make sure he wasn't going to be a problem for her. Bane seemed to trust him and he had a weapon of power that he needed to learn to use properly. She could show him, teach him, but first she needed to make sure of some things. A creak on the stairs caught her attention, causing Rhia to look up. Bane walked over and set a plate down in front of them as he pulled up another chair.

"So....that's a new look, Rhi." He couldn't seem to think of much else to say on the matter, just stored the next unusual piece of information in his mental file on the feline. "Anything you want to talk about, Vincent," the innkeeper asked after a few more silent moments.

Hey Admin

Seeing as Rhannan and I have got a flow going an no one else seems interested can we change the title to Mog and Rhannan please?

Feeling uneasy at having just had his mind read he silently placed a mental barrier in his mind that would prevent any further mind reading attempts, Rhia would now only get muffled sounds, but Vincent would still be able to 'hear' her.

He turned to Bane "Can i get some water, a coffee and something to eat first? I'll even pay you" Vincent's replied, sounding a bit annoyed. "sorry i have just woken up and my head is still throbbing."

"Ha you pay, you have paid in 30 years." he chuckled "Orders coming up, but when i get back I expect to know why you where so messed up last night." Banes tone was serious, Vincent knew he wouldn't be able to avoid the subject.

As Bane walked away Vincent turned to Rhia, he looked her up and down, clearly impressed by what he saw, yet a little confused as to what he was feeling from her, she was not like other users he magic felt.... different. He could no longer hold it in, "You get more interesting each time we meet, Shadow manipulation at a very high level and now shape shifting too. Yet I don't sense the normal energy that comes from a magic user of your caliber." he paused not sure on how to say this, eventually he decided to just be direct, its what he would normally do so why change it for this person right? "So whats your story, are you from here?" he asked quietly, he was pretty sure he knew the answer already.

Rhia chuckled quietly at Vincent's barrier. Whatever makes him feel better, she thought to herself. As for his question, she debated on what fell into the realm of "shareable" information. You're probably not going to like my answer, she smirked, but too bad. No, I am not from here.

"And...," Vincent trailed off, inviting her to continue.

And nothing. That's my answer.

"But if you're not from here, where are you from? And what's your story?" He rubbed his already throbbing head somehow knowing there was no way he was going to get a straight answer.

I have no story to tell, Rhia stated simply as Bane walked back over with food and drink.

"Can you shed any light on this woman, cat, whatever she is, Bane?" Slightly irritated, Vincent dug into the plate set before him. "She won't give me anything other than she's not from here."

"Ah." Bane gave his friend a light pat on the back. "Afraid that's about all you'll get out of this one; she likes her secrets." He took a seat and passed another herbal infusion to the cat-woman. "Did you get any answers, dear?"

She shook her head. My sources were...otherwise occupied.

"Well, maybe next time then." At Vincent's quizzical brow, Bane let him know that the cat had left while he slept to "consult" as she'd put it.

"What does that mean," he questioned Rhia.

"She needed some answers. Seems some things have been going on and they're not adding up. Maybe whatever happened to you is related." Bane shot him a serious look, letting him know he wasn't getting out of an explanation.

Vincent stared at Rhia for a while, I trust Bane, but can I trust Rhia. he pondered while finishing his meal. Well Bane seems to trust her, I guess that will do for now. He took a sip of his coffee, his head starting to throb a little less.

"Ok, well something going on is right, demons have been appearing all over the place, I don't know the cause but i have been practically jumping from fight to fight for almost a week now. Esva says that these demons are not from her world or at least not from her kingdom, and they do look like any demons of her world I have ever seen" he said before taking another sip of coffee. "mostly its been easy things like worms or imps, but last night," he lowered his voice, " it was a fiend, a big one. but that wasn't the weird part a fiend on its own isn't to much trouble, but neither I or Esva sensed it coming, it was like it just popped into existence right next to me, it then proceeded to blind side me before i could react, I managed to banish it, but it will be back, with friends this time no doubt." He gave Bane a very serious look. "I think we might be in for an invasion."

Bane sat looking at Vincent for a long time, "are you sure?"

Vincent nodded. "As sure as I can be, another thing, they have a weird feel about their magic, very similar to the feeling i get from Rhia, only with Malice and blood lust mixed in. I don't think it works quite the same way ours does." he took another sip of coffee, his head now only faintly throbbing, then turned and looked at Rhia. "this the same thing you have been noticing?"

Banes gaze shifted to Rhia, he remain silent waiting for a response.

Her nose twitched, suspicions about what had happened to him confirmed. This isn't over. They will be back and they will keep coming.

"Why do they feel like you?" It bugged Vincent, the similarity, and made him question just how trustworthy she really was.

We're from the same neck of the universe, just opposing realms. I'm not sure how they got here though.

"How did you get here?" Vincent silently saluted Bane for jumping on that opening. "I would assume they took a similar route as you."

Rhia shook her head. Creating portals to other realms like I did is not a skill found in those demons. They can jump into the world our realms connect to, but that's all. Even most others from my realm can't go beyond there.

"Someone else could have opened a portal for them," Bane suggested. "Maybe intentionally let them through."

It's possible. That's why I went to get a few answers. Rhia closed her eyes briefly as a wave of apprehension flowed over her. There's another bunch coming soon.

"You have a demon sense?" Vincent knew that if she did it would be very valuable when trying to find a way to contain the growing problem.

If they're close enough. I'm still adjusting to this plane.

"Well....still helpful nonetheless." The two men considered for a moment before Bane continued. "Why were you eating them?"

Ah.... I don't recommend either of you trying since they're not from your hell realm, but I can consume them. They're not really food, but my system can process their energy and render it inert.

"You can purify them..." Bane trailed off softly.

"Just what exactly are you," Vincent pressed. Just then, an increasingly familiar shudder ran down his spine, signaling the arrival of another demon. He sighed and got up, looking around the table at his companions. "Shall we then." Rhia nodded and followed Vincent and Bane out the door.

As Vincent exited the tavern two more shudder ran up his spine. That’s unusual. “Two more demons have arrived.†He said in a hushed tone to the others. Vincent looked at Bane and Rhia who silently nodded in response. “I’ll handle this one, you two split up and handle the others.†Rhia instantly took off towards demon number two, and Bane, fire already blazing from his eyes head for the third.

Vincent knelt down and touched his fingers on the stone floor of the alley, shadows spiralled out of his fingers creating a rune that looked similar to a spherical cage then disappearing into the stone. Once he was done he step close to a wall and seemed to melt into the shadows, he lowered his breathing and concealed his presence, as he waited for the demon to round the corner, he had become quite used to concealing himself over the years, he learnt early that surprise would often let you take down enemies three times your own strength with relative ease.

He looked up at the moon still sitting in the same place it had when then left the Tavern, feels like longer than that he thought to himself, he heard a footstep around the corner quickly returning his gaze to the alley, it’s about time. Demon slowly came into the alley. Vincent studied it closely, it resembled a bear, but was twice as big, had no fur, stood two legs, and its skin was oddly taught across his body, allowing you to see every muscle, massive claws protruding from its hands. He watched and waited as it moved closer to his trap, it howled in pain as shadow tendrils exploded from the ground piercing straight through its hand and binding it tightly to the ground. It sounded like the wails of a thousand tormented spirits.

“What are you doing here?†Vincent asked from the shadows, the Fiend just continued to howl and struggle against the tendrils, he stepped out from the shadows allowing the Fiend to see him, as soon as he did it stopped howling, its gaze fixated on him, he could see the rage within it but not much else, it seems you not much more than an animal in your world, what should I do with, before he could finish his though the Friend roared with rage causing Vincent to cover his ears in pain, the tendrils exploded off of it and a massive clawed hand backhanded him across the alley, just as he would have hit the wall Vincent melted into the shadows once me, he grabbed his scythe as he stepped out of the shadows right behind the Fiend, and sunk it deep into it back. It howled in pain while blood spurted from its back, it attempted to turn and slash Vincent with the scyrth still in its back, this fiend is not normal, it should be dead by now, he thought. Shadowy fire erupted from Vincent’s hands, traveling down his scythe and onto the Fiend, he watched as it writhed in pain unable to put out the fires, eventually going limb. Dead finally.

As Vincent exited the tavern two more shudder ran up his spine. That’s unusual. “Two more demons have arrived.†He said in a hushed tone to the others. Vincent looked at Bane and Rhia who silently nodded in response. “I’ll handle this one, you two split up and handle the others.†Rhia instantly took off towards demon number two, and Bane, fire already blazing from his eyes head for the third.

Vincent knelt down and touched his fingers on the stone floor of the alley, shadows spiralled out of his fingers creating a rune that looked similar to a spherical cage then disappearing into the stone. Once he was done he step close to a wall and seemed to melt into the shadows, he lowered his breathing and concealed his presence, as he waited for the demon to round the corner, he had become quite used to concealing himself over the years, he learnt early that surprise would often let you take down enemies three times your own strength with relative ease.

He looked up at the moon still sitting in the same place it had when then left the Tavern, feels like longer than that he thought to himself, he heard a footstep around the corner quickly returning his gaze to the alley, it’s about time. Demon slowly came into the alley. Vincent studied it closely, it resembled a bear, but was twice as big, had no fur, stood two legs, and its skin was oddly taught across his body, allowing you to see every muscle, massive claws protruding from its hands. He watched and waited as it moved closer to his trap, it howled in pain as shadow tendrils exploded from the ground piercing straight through its hand and binding it tightly to the ground. It sounded like the wails of a thousand tormented spirits.

“What are you doing here?†Vincent asked from the shadows, the Fiend just continued to howl and struggle against the tendrils, he stepped out from the shadows allowing the Fiend to see him, as soon as he did it stopped howling, its gaze fixated on him, he could see the rage within it but not much else, it seems you not much more than an animal in your world, what should I do with, before he could finish his though the Friend roared with rage causing Vincent to cover his ears in pain, the tendrils exploded off of it and a massive clawed hand backhanded him across the alley, just as he would have hit the wall Vincent melted into the shadows once me, he grabbed his scythe as he stepped out of the shadows right behind the Fiend, and sunk it deep into it back. It howled in pain while blood spurted from its back, it attempted to turn and slash Vincent with the scyrth still in its back, this fiend is not normal, it should be dead by now, he thought. Shadowy fire erupted from Vincent’s hands, traveling down his scythe and onto the Fiend, he watched as it writhed in pain unable to put out the fires, eventually going limb. Dead finally.

Rhia darted down a few blocks and into another alley, following the ripple of demonic energy. Halfway down a form was taking shape: lean and long-legged, eyes burning, the hound snarled as it's bones contacted the foreign air. She sighed and rolled her eyes as too-small skin finished stretching over the hound's back. Of course it's a hound. They exchanged a predator's acknowledgement before leaping at each other. Time seemed to slow a bit and air shimmered around Rhia's hands to reveal a pair of long elegant daggers. She and the beast slashed at each other, sparks flying as her knives tore into its side. Rhia twisted, narrowly missing a swipe of hellfire claws. They continued to clash for a few more moments before the cat-woman found an opening. She seized the hound by the throat, baring her own fangs at it. Rhia inhaled deeply, then breathed into the hound's jaws; as she did, white fire poured down its throat and filled its body. Suddenly the hound burst into iridescent dust and disappeared. Rhia glanced around with golden eyes, sensing for anymore demons in the area. She felt it when Vincent felled his own demon but there was still one more several blocks over from that, presumably where Bane had gone. She slipped into a shadow and flowed along the passes, quickly catching up to Vincent as he headed the same way. Emerging from the edge of a building at a run, she was a few steps ahead of him.

"I take it you're done with yours, too, then."

Of course, she grinned back at him with a flash of fangs.

Bane stepped to the side as a massive clawed hand smashed into the ground next to him, moving with surprising agility he stepped in, with a fist covered in flames and punched the Fiend in what looked like its ribs, it roared in pain as it stumbled back from the force, as it turned to face Bane he could clearly see the rage it its eyes, but something was right, he saw confusion as well. The Fiend charged him Bane dodged once more, they exchanged blows like this for a while, Bane easily able to out manoeuvre it, he planted some decent hits into it but all it seems he was accomplishing was to make it more angry. He notice the presence of a Demon disappearing in the distance, then another. It seems they have finished already.

Quit toying with it Bane. A pleasant voice teased in his head.

“I’m not toying with it, I was just trying to ascertain how strong it is.†He retorted.

You’re talking out loud again, people will think you’re crazy. He could feel the amusement in her words as his cheeks turned red. You finished working out how strong it was after your first exchange, please Vincent will be here soon and you know that if you haven’t finished by the time he gets here you will never hear the end of it.

Fine fine. He leapt into the air as it came it for its latest charge attack making sure he was facing down at it, placed his hands together in front of him aiming at the Fiend, as he did so a tornado of fire erupted from them, the Demon howl quickly turned into screams of pain then disappeared, all that was left was raging sound of the fire and pops and crackles as all the air inside the tornado and the demons body where consumed the the inferno, the heat pealing the paint off the surrounding walls and evaporating any moisture in the air. As the tornado subsided he landed behind what was now a pile of ash, his eyes still ablaze.

He lent up against the now charred and dry wall as he waited for the others to arrive.

Rhia stepped out of the shadows next to Bane. Better, she smirked at him. Bane rolled his eyes at her then turned his head as Vincent came around the corner. You boys are so slow.

"Hah. You weren't the first to finish; I was," Vincent retorted a bit tartly.

I wasn't so greedy as to take the first one that presented itself. She stuck her tongue out at him and he could've sworn that a shadow behind her shifted, like a cat's tail twitching playfully. He wondered again about the strange cat-woman and what other secrets she was hiding.

"That was fun," Bane chimed in. "Definitely different from our usual interlopers."

"So this....'purifying' that Bane mentioned before. How does that work? Could we do it too?"

No. She shook her head emphatically. Unless there is someone else from my general realm here, I am the only one who can.

"Well, that's....convenient," Vincent replied dryly. At her arched brow he continued. "You have to admit it seems just a little too odd that these demons from a completely foreign realm began appearing and then suddenly you appear out of nowhere. And you're from the same part of the universe. True, you helped me in that alley and then with getting to Bane. But we still really don't know anything about you. There are any number of reasons you could be hanging around, 'helping' us out." He took a breath and, bluntly as he knew how, "I don't trust you and until I know more, I'm not going to."

As expected, Rhia nodded. Frankly I don't trust you either, you reek of bad energy and something is definitely not right about you, but Bane seems like decent people. I don't particularly care how you feel about me, so long as you don't hinder me with destroying the demons.

"Why would we hinder you," Bane questioned her, slightly offended. "These things are a threat to us; keeping them from causing any real damage here and finding a way to stop them from coming at all are pretty high priorities for us right now. It's more beneficial for us to work together on this," he looked pointedly at Vincent before looking back at Rhia, "so whether or not we trust each other is of minimal consequence right now."

She nodded. Exactly. I don't need for either of you to trust me or know anything more about me than is necessary. Trust on some level would make it easier to work together, but if you aren't comfortable with that, she said directly to Vincent, then we can part ways.

"Ah...." In a way she had called his bluff. Rhia's knowledge could prove invaluable, and this so-called "purifying" ability might be even more invaluable. "For now, we should at least try to make it work. Differences aside, we all seem capable of putting a hurting on them and have experience that could be helpful. Maybe we could....compare notes?"

Rhia and Bane both snorted at him. "Shall we head back to finish dinner? Get out of the rain....'compare notes'?"

Sure. I could use a snack.

"What? Didn't eat the demon this time," Bane teased cautiously. She glanced over her shoulder, eyes back to their usual green-gold, and shrugged. Shadows shifted over her and settled again as she disappeared around the corner and headed back to the tavern.

Vincent sat a recliner, next to a fire, in a private room just off to the side of the main Tavern room, this room was a little more modern and well presented then the rest of the Tavern, obviously meant for meetings. the brunch conversation they had, had to "compare notes" had revealed little, except that these Fiends where called Hounds in Rhias world, and while powerful far from the most powerful. what was most interesting is that they had all noticed that they seemed to be forcefully put into a raged out state, as Rhia had said, they are aggressive by nature but these ones where pushed to the verge of insanity with their rage, and the fact that Hounds do not have dimensional travel powers even in Rhias world and need to be sent/dragged through them.

He sat thinking on these things while watching the little black flame he had added to the fire dance with the rest of it.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0