Rhannan

Favourite TV Series?

23 posts in this topic

We already have a favourite anime thread, and then a couple of threads for specific shows, so I figured I'd start one for just regular TV. And because I really want to find someone else who is going OMFGWTFBBQ over the episode of SHIELD from last night. Because I just watched it and it was awesome XD

But I was into Lost Girl for a while there, until I had to ditch Netflix. That and the BBC version of Sherlock (mmm Khan -- I mean, Sherlock). I tried to get into Game of Thrones (sort of) but I got super behind because of work and my parents were barreling on ahead without me so I just gave up and occasionally catch an episode.

Seeing the Marvel movies lately though....and Agents of SHIELD.....kind of making me want to try and read the comics. Which would cost money.....lots of money if I really wanted to catch up on it all.....hrm.....

~Rhannan

i watched shield it was good arrow is awesome daredevil is alright... to close to arrow.

If regular tv includes netflix i would like to mention a netflix original Longmire :3 i love that show and they just added a third season. i don't think i have found anyone who doesn't like it yet XD

A-team and M.A.S.H. still up there in my faves as well tho XD

Drake

Sherlock is one of my favorites, as is last years mini-series they had on FX, Fargo. VERY well done, that. I can rewatch just about anything, yet for my money, ya canna go wrong with either The IT Crowd or Father Ted.

stargate Atlantis and SG1

BOOM! Mog reminded me! SG1 for sure, didn't really get into Atlantis as I was away at university. But I do remember watching Babylon 5 and getting into that, which was pretty good and I've sort of wanted to watch again but it's hard to find and they don't seem to do reruns on TV anymore.

~Rhannan

Criminal Minds because in that show the monsters are human, just for a change, and GRIMM. That show is damn fine!

I am a big NCIS fan but I think Grimm just has the edge, as my favourite show at the moment.

Zygo :flame:

I don't watch much television anymore, so I'm not exactly up to speed on a lot of the newer shows. I grew up on the X-Files, Tales from the Crypt, the Twilight Zone, Goosebumps and the like; and they are all still favorites of mine -- honestly, I miss all the horror/sci-fi anthology shows from the 80s and 90s (someone should bring them back). SG1 was mentioned above, that's another favorite; though I never could get into the other Stargate series. Speaking of shows involving Richard Dean Anderson, I've always loved MacGyver too.

I also forgot to mention Star Trek: TNG! That's another one I grew up on and absolutely adore.

I grew up on Star Trek: TNG, Babylon 5, Buffy (no shame!), and....typical Saturday morning cartoons? I still love me some X-Men: TAS. Dark Phoenix Saga was the only time Jean was actually cool! Hm.....now I want to rewatch some stuff....

~Rhannan

X-Men: TAS! Such a fantastic cartoon!

Oh wow, television.

I don't really watch television now, but a few years ago I do remember really enjoying a series called Being Human. It was so good.

It's really a toss up for me. I love Game of Thrones, Lost Girl, and Vikings about the same.

Teen Wolf hands down here for me. As in the MTV TV series!

Ahhh I forgot about Teen Wolf...such a great show. I can't wait til June 29th when it comes back on.

It sounds childish.... but Teen Titans Go. :D Hilarious.

Teen titans go is a good one. I liked the original one too :)

Ahhh I forgot about Teen Wolf...such a great show. I can't wait til June 29th when it comes back on.

Ye Season Five has been good so far, just no Derek D:

Hmm that's a good one.

Gunna have to say "Turn: America's First Spy Ring"

"The Americans" the one about the Russian sleepers.

And as always "Inside Combat Rescue" with USAF PJ's

I gotto ask What are PJ's..over here PJ's are pyjamas and I am presuming you don't wear USAF PJ's to watch the series.......or maybe you do :cool-smiley-006:

Zygo :flame:

PJ's is a short term for Pararescue. No sure where the "J" in that is but that's the airforce for you.

Pararescue men are a Tier 1 Special Operations Group. Basically "Even Navy SEALs need 911". They are literally some of the most talented medics on the planet. Like...we are talking accurately putting a chest decompression needle in under heavy fire and helicopter turbulence to treat tension pneumothorax.

I don't watch almost any Television at all, I'm afraid, so I find myself quite behind by the time series are released on Netflix. I'm a harsh judge of stories, and find that in regard to many shows, my time is better spent out among people making stories of my own. Despite that, I have a few Favourites; Doctor Who, Supernatural, and a collection of recent, and not-so-recent animated shows are among them. First and foremost, I look for good characters and ongoing character development. If I don't care for any of the Characters, then either the Plot or the Setting must be absolutely spectacular to keep my attention.

Has anyone else on here been keeping up with the Magicians? Season 3 just ended last week and there's just this one thing in the finale that keeps nagging at me and I can't shake it! Regardless, it has been a pretty interesting show. I picked up the first book but haven't read very far into it yet due to class and projects.

Also, I've been keeping up with Lucifer and just started Krypton. I'm not a big Superman fan but this new show is actually kind of intriguing so far.

I've been staring at the placard for the Lost in Space reboot Netflix just put up.   I wanna, but I don'wanna....if that makes sense....  ;) 

I just finished a Japanese series that's on Netflix called Midnight Diner.  It's quite a nifty lil show about a restaurant that's open overnight to tend to people coming back from the bars and the stories the customers have. Quite something.