Zygopterix

Theoretical question

22 posts in this topic

Considering all the apparent abilities of your average, or rather not so average, Vampire.

Do you think it is possible for one of our film bound brethren to get a tattoo.

Might it be that vampire skin is a great canvas and leaves behind some awesome ink or might it heal so fast that the ink simply drips out again?

Wild ideas or simple logic most welcome.....

Zygo :flame:

I think it possible but it would take a lot longer and be excruciatingly painful.

If they healed fast it might not even be possible, if it was possible I agree with Mog I think it would be very painful.

Wouldn't it be a much better idea to get the tattoo before becoming a vampire?

Perfect logic to encourage governments to bring down the legal age of consent for tattoos, just in case. :lol:

Thats not exactly how tattoos work. They stain the underside of the skin, so it wouldn't matter how fast someone heals as long as the ink breaks through The top layers of skin.

I actually would think that it would be less painful due to their resistance of pain.

So assuming their skin isn't so hard that it breaks the needle and their body heals in a normal albeit faster way then I think it wouldn't be that bad at all.

I do wonder how it would work with a healing factor since it should only make the tattoo scab and lose color since a tattoo is basically an open wound that shouldn't really heal up properly.

I understand how tattooing works Azrilyan, my point is that the ink either wouldn't have time to to stain the skin as it just gets ejected from the body as a foreign object or the stain would be healed and the ink still ejected as it is still a foreign object.

The only way you might be able to do it is to trick the body into thinking the ink was already part of the body, maybe if you mixed some of the vamps blood within the ink this might work.

I suppose it depends on the type of Vampire you are talking about doesnt it.

If they are a twilight type...apart from not needing it, lol, (how do you improve on sparkly) the needle would probably bend and never get any ink in there,

On the other hand if they are a Blade type of Vampire then the ink would probably drip out like the none silver bullets do.

But what if part of becoming a vampire is to fix everything thats wrong with the lucky recipient....would the body consider the tattoo to be wrong and fix it. Or would it accept it's being there as the right to stay....imagine having a tattoo you don't like and being stuck with it for eternity......now that would suck.

If they are a twilight type...apart from not needing it, lol, (how do you improve on sparkly)

Ummm.....by NOT being sparkly? :D

i gotta agree with rynn on this one, sparkly does not make a good vampire. I imagine if it stayed once you where turned and you didn't like it you could just cut that hunk of flesh off and it wouldn't come back.

think i should rock the sparkly bit... then i will be "The big sparkly red dragon ninja" :3 Please no one be offended but if i were to become a dragon vampire would my canines become more predominant? they barely fit in my mouth as it is x.x

sorry for going off topic and again please don't be offended im simply joking. i don't think you could get a tattoo... wait doesn't blade have tattoos in the movie? been awhile since i watched it. i think i will call Westley Snipes and see how he does it. maybe his are temp tattoos... what a poser.

Drake

ps. im simply making fun of movie stereotypes not vampires themselves (dem would kill me if i did) and i like snipes as an actor so yeah XD demolition man woot XD

not sure vampire dragon would be necessary, as the main reason to go vamp is so you can't die of old age and dragons already have that perk, along with magic and shape shifting. although i guess the crazy healing factor could be awesome.

That also depends on what type of vampire, if they where underworld type vampires then you would be able to extend and retract them at will.

that brings up another question, would a Dragon be able to become a vampire, i mean vampirism seems to only affect humans in most things i have read and seen.

hmm while i personally think that the answer would be no. I cant see why something other then human couldn't become a vampire. i just don't think a human vampire bite could change for example a dragon or a wolf... the blood is similar but the body would react differently like how we can catch some types of infection but the dog/lizard/spider living with us would never get sick. that is of course if the cause is more like a pathogen then magic in nature... if its magic based then anyone should be able to be become a vampire... unless that type of magic has rules/limits that restricts it to only humans in which case again it wouldn't be possible.

Drake

ps. different dragons have different abilities so it may be more beneficial to some then others. :3

I suppose it depends on the type of Vampire you are talking about doesnt it.

If they are a twilight type...apart from not needing it, lol, (how do you improve on sparkly) the needle would probably bend and never get any ink in there,

On the other hand if they are a Blade type of Vampire then the ink would probably drip out like the none silver bullets do.

But what if part of becoming a vampire is to fix everything thats wrong with the lucky recipient....would the body consider the tattoo to be wrong and fix it. Or would it accept it's being there as the right to stay....imagine having a tattoo you don't like and being stuck with it for eternity......now that would suck.

there was one story i read where after being turned, he cut off all scars he had from life. That then healed with no trace of the prior scars. Same thing could apply to a tattoo.

OOh thats a good one Lina, I hadn't thought of that, I bet it would smart a bit though.

Draken, I think it was daybreakers that put forward an idea for animals becoming vampyric but they also did wierd things like starting forest fires when they got caught outside at day break.

ps. im simply making fun of movie stereotypes not vampires themselves (dem would kill me if i did) and i like snipes as an actor so yeah XD demolition man woot XD

She sure would lol.

I've seen movies with Vampire dogs, cats and even a hamster, (I really wouldn't recommend that one), so a vampire dragon wouldn't be a great stretch, and I think you'd make an awesome sparkly vampire dragon Drake. :smile:

There's nothing wrong with a bit of sparkle, after all it was the first new thing to happen to vampires for centuries.

I think a vampire's ability to get a tattoo would depend on how fast they heal and what was used to tattoo them. I think blood based ink would stick around longer because the body would absorb it faster into the skin and accept it easier than any other ink, blood being what we vampires crave most and all that.

So how should we find out if a Dragon can be turned?

So how should we find out if a Dragon can be turned?

I like where this is going! *volunteers Drake for the experiment* :D

~Rhannan

A Dragon going Vampire.

I'd call it "How to intentionally Raise the DEFCON Level" by Mog, coming to a Barnes and Noble near you.

why meh? 83 i already have a tough time finding dragon sized meals... think about how much blood i would need to find... unless you all are volunteering aswell << besides if Dem had to bite me there would already be trouble XD

Drake

Hey, I would gladly sink my fangs into either of you sweetie you know that.. :CookieNom:

Have ya'll had all your shots?

ehh i don't want to think of a dragon sized needle x..x or worse a dragon sized butterfly needle... im going to have nightmares.

Drake