Zygopterix

Your Castle Otherkin name

28 posts in this topic

I just wondered what brought you to use the name you chose for your online presence.

Mine was inspired by what was once thought to be the first ever bird, Archaeopteryx.

And the flying insect Genus Zygoptera (meaning paired wings) which encompasses the entire, colourful family of Damselflies

Mix them together and you get Zygopterix :smile: Hello :action-smiley-030:

Mine has been an ever evolving variation on the same theme. Hard to explain. A very early iteration of my name came to me a long time ago... and every so often, my thoughts go back to my name. When I do that, sometimes I hear it just a bit differently than the last time I focused on it. Speaking of which, how would I go about requesting a name change? I've had one of those moments rather recently and would like to be able to accurately reflect myself in such fine company. :smile:

The way to go about getting a name change is to write a request with what you would like it changing to, in the Announcements/talk to us section near the top of the main forum.

If you ask the Admins to sort it out for you they will be pleased to help.

I have been thinking about changing my body name for some years now but I keep coming up with new possibilities, kind of a similar situation ...I even considered Zygo at one point lol

Zygo :flame:

Mine means combatant or challenger among other things, and since I do seem to challenge many ways otherkin have of looking at this state of being and I have had to stand up for myself against a lot of cr*p it seemed to fit.

I got tired of being picked on for the way I see myself and so looked for a strong name that made me feel more confident.

Nemesis fit and here I am.

Slightly off topic but I just noticed that your fox is sticking it's tongue out.

My particular experience of someone being called Nemesis comes from the book A Carribean Mystery by Agatha Christie in which a very strong minded and interesting gentleman meets Miss Marple and is heard to say "she has a mind like a bacon slicer" and then goes on to call her Nemesis in that one, and in a later book of the same name.

Zygo :flame:

Hm....My body's name has always felt wrong to me so for years I've searched for a different name. Online I've held several different ones but this particular one came to me in meditation when I was once again questing and questioning for my true name. It's actually a short version of what I thought might be my name. I get the feeling that my true self had/has many names. And I just...kind of like the sound of "Rhannan". It's soft but strong at the same time, at least to me but then I pronounce it differently than what some I have met in person think it's supposed to be. The first part is actually pronounced like "Ra", so a short, soft "a" and the "nan" is also not a sharp "a" sound, caught somewhere between nanny and nun.

I have other names, but this one works, and I have a sort of superstition with giving out a potential true name to anyone but my absolute most trusted. That and I've not quite figured out what it is anyway XD

~Rhannan

Draken was more just something that seemed to fit when i had recently awoken but i keep it here just because i have had the name for so long. Now i mostly go by Delvien not all that sure why, it just came to me. i used it on skype and it just grew on me.

Drake

I got my name as a result of a series of events. The first was logging into my first forum, and since it seemed like everyone had an alias there, and because I hate my human name, I went with a new name. The name I chose was that of an evil dragon from a terribly plagiarizing story I wrote and confiscated long ago. So once I logged in as Draken, people online started calling me that, and the name stuck with me. I liked it so much that I started using the name wherever I could. Where the Drakonis part comes in is after my father found out about my dragon self, he said it was ironic my name was Draken since his was Drakonis.

I usually use classical names, they give an air of authority, respect and decorum. Claudius Germanicus was also one of my personal favorite Emperors of Rome. All the more after I viewed the excellent BBC series ''I, Claudius'' based off the book which I've neglected to read. Gives a very sympathetic, yet dramatized version of Claudius which I relate to very much and I consider it to be one of the best series I've had the pleasure of seeing. Either Claudius or Caesar go for me when on forums.

Also gave it as the name for my pet, Claudius that is.

Obsidian is the name of a black glass born in the heart of the hottest fires on earth.

I thought it was a fitting name for a dragon. :smile:

...not to mention, if cut right, sharper'n steel! :D

The Spirit Moon is a moon in the Lunar calendar that denotes "strengthened communication with the spirits, the elements, and the self in order to prepare for the coming transformation through the greatest darkness". The period of the Spirit moon is supposed to be a time for power and increased self awareness from what I could gather (some of it got very confusing) and it seemed to fit me as someone who is strinking out in an attempt to understand themselves.

I have a link to the website if anyone wants it?

I made mine up out of thin air. It has no meaning except the one I give it, and holds no mystical power of any kind.

I created it from first pen stroke to last. :smile:

I am, so far, the only person on the internet with my name, so if you see someone out there with this name it's probably me! :lol:

Best double check first though just to be safe.

Slightly off topic but I just noticed that your fox is sticking it's tongue out.

My particular experience of someone being called Nemesis comes from the book A Carribean Mystery by Agatha Christie in which a very strong minded and interesting gentleman meets Miss Marple and is heard to say "she has a mind like a bacon slicer" and then goes on to call her Nemesis in that one, and in a later book of the same name.

Zygo

The tongue I did on purpose, it sends a message about how much notice I take of people who judge me.

HeeHee 'mind like a bacon slicer' I like that.

It was around a month into my awakening that I stumbled over The Silver Elves website. I was just about to come to terms with what I am and wanted an online name to specify what I am. They offered to choose an Elven name for people who are Elves...based on the gender (or no specific gender) and how they had come to the face that they are Elves. I wrote all that I knew about my past memories of Selar and how I had begun to remember them again and they gave me the name, Jalyndre, which means according to them in some Elven tongue..."what convinced me". It comes down to the fact that blockhead here had to meditate 10 times to finally be convinced that I am Draestari :D And well, on any forum for Otherkin...I fittingly use my Elven name.

This name has been with me for a long, long time; longer than most, but not as long as some. It calls to me now through time and memory, though when I first took it up within this life it seemed simply to fit. Malik is an embellishment of that time, while Lou- or Lu- has been with me much longer.

This name only is the one I use online, for profiles and account names. A point of interest; I've never yet seen fit to research the transliterative value of these words, which are my name. Doubtless, one day, I will, but for now I'm satisfied to know that they come forth from within, without examining what exactly that may imply.

Styxan - For me, it means someone from the river Styx, the river that in Greek Mythology leads to the realm of the dead.

This can have many meanings/interpretations, but somehow for me it's connected to my Kinity in a sense that I got reincarnated as something I really didn't wanted to, or something I don't really like to, but I have an objective/lesson/quest/something I got that for.

Hope it makes sense to at least someone! ^^

That seems perfectly sensible to me, at least, Styxan. If I may be so bold as to inquire, is it your present incarnation that you're dissatisfied with, or a previous one, now past?

It makes sense to me as well, Styxan. And you're not alone in feeling as though you incarnated as something you didn't want to be or were incarnated when you didn't want to be/were opposed to it.

~Rhannan

Thanks, for both of you!

Actually, I'm kinda dissatisfied with this current incarnation of mine.

We certainly won't press you for details, but if you want to talk about it, Styxan, we're all here to listen.

Zandra Amara is part of my magickal name and and one I chose to stick to as my name in witch, vampire, and otherkin communities as well as some of my external self online. I gave it to myself so many years ago that I can't count them, but it has been at least a decade. Zandra Amara is Greek for eternally beautiful healer of mankind. It is one of my deep purposes in my current form, and I use it to convey myself to more open minded individuals.

This current name is the closest aproximation to what my name may have been in my first life. It is Arabic, which can be enterpreted as Detainer of Good or Good's Detainer, roughly.

It's fitting for many reasons, but those reasons are a bit sensitive...I'll say that it is probably the closest I'll get to my true name that the human language can get too. It's unclear to me by just how much it is off, but I get the impression that it is off by a far margin because of the limitations in human communication.

I indentify as a cat trapoed in a human body, and I really love snow leopards. I know my avatar is a panther cub, and not a snow leopard, but there's a back story to that.  I'll share it when I'm not so tired. New job and new schedule is rather wearing right now. 

I had completely forgotten about this thread..."You know that you have been in this castle for a very long time, when you can only faintly recall posting in a thread, but cannot for the life of you remember  even parts it's name."

But never the less, some time ago, I was granted a name change here, from Jalyndre to Simara and for one very simple reason: I remember Simara being my name in at least one incarnation back on Selar. So this is, if not the first name I ever had, then at least a name I had when I was back on Selar in true form and with my people and family.