Velvet Darkness

What is switching like for you?

4 posts in this topic

When you switch from person to person what happens?

What happens mentally and physically?

What changes are there? Temperature, consciousness, heart rate, knowledge, instincts, any of that kind of thing.

Well for me it's like being pushed to the passenger seat, im still out and in control of the E-Break if I need it. This is my body after all.

Their is definitely a change in my voice, both the pitch and just how I talk. Physically Azrilyan holds himself in a more intimidating way, and the bodies eyes change to green. (Even had one green and the other blue before)

I haven't noticed a change in heart rate or temperature.

Knowledge and instincts definitely boost.

Hmmm... thinking more about this, I think maybe it's not so much a switch of the driver as it is me chaneling him. I'll have to do some research on both sides to figure it out I suppose. :smile:

The last time anyone tried to get into the body forcibly I felt like my eyes were on fire and the front of my head was going to pop open. I can't remember what my heart rate did, though it probably slowed, thats a standard reaction to a lot of such things for me.

The last time anyone extra (with permission) stepped partially into this body I got a full colour view of their essence and a really pleasant feeling of closeness. My heart rate slowed right down and I warmed up a lot (my essence heats up as it moves out of the body)

Zygo :flame:

Eesh. Too many people front to go into detail, but in general:

- Consider the body like a mecha suit. A company mecha suit. People get into it and use it to their liking. Some expression is disabled by the suit (it's easier to express yourself with your own body than this clunky thing), and there is a fronting "mask" we'll wear loosely, but people will still present differently so you can tell others are driving if they're particularly unusual (like Chev or Ferris) or you know there are different people using it. Compare to the support staff of a large company - they might be given similar lines to use for Official Business, but they've all still got their own personalities and homes to go back to after the shift is over. Alllll different people up in here.

- Make the entrance to the mecha suit some weird energy portal thing in an in-between space full of portals. There's a specific wavelength you have to tap into, and it can be hard "synching" with it - hence communication issues with people not in the body or the body's realm. Having a person already tapped into the wavelength makes it easier; it's like daydreaming, from in-world perspective, except you can follow the person into the daydream. But the body isn't used to having more than one person controlling it at a time and squishes people into uncomfortably tight positions when they're co-fronting, so usually it's one person at one time.

It's been seen true that when the body's energy is having issues (stagnant or unreceptive) we end up with difficulties in switching and have worse communication. At times it also tries to force people out; this is why we only stay out for a few days - after three and it start pitching fits via brain fog, clarity issues, and other mind fudgery as it tries to go on autopilot and make its driver leave. Highly unpleasant.

- Mental health problems/lack thereof affect the body more than physical ones do, but we haven't had medical testing or people with allergies/health problems to try. One semi-non-psychological example is Chev: he's a chronic stoner and almost always high in his own body. However, Mecha Suit has never touched hash much less smoked it. Combine the two and Chev gets forced sober and a very horrible not-fun headache results. Psychological examples are Ferris' C-PTSD and anxiety issues that follow him into the body. YMMV with accents - Ferris has an English-French hybrid (very pretty and light), but got stuck with something closer to Scottish by his ear. We assume the body was approximating via Doctor Who binge.

Sometimes the body will pick up traits (anybody does something/feel something enough and it's *going* to affect the Body) and other members will get stuck with them after the real owner leaves. Can encompass verbal tics, phobias, fixations, etc. Usually leaves after a few fronters cycle through or a particularly defiant person takes the reins.

- Knowledge and instinct vary. Some people have easier access to memories/better memories, or better skills. There does seem to be a set default for the body (drawing style and handedness for instance) which we're trying to make more flexible, and it's limited by how much it knows (Ferris speaks French fluently but Body only knows English). Some people *do* have remarkably different styles in their real bodies, but when they're working through this it's like trying to figure out how to do your advanced techie stuff on an ancient computer. Not so easy. Instincts also vary - the main family, the Grimm family, are all the same species so we have similar instincts. There have also been humans who front with the typical human instincts, Light beings like Ferris, animal-like people like Luca, and others. But usually people are governed more by their own personalities and philosophies than their instincts.

- It is noteworthy that, due to communication issues (we're still figuring out how to fix them), memories made out of the body (previous lives, in our home realms, etc.) can be hard to access, since they need to bring them in. Again, YMMV. Some people can get a lot of memories after they first start fronting but have a harder time later (we theorize switching creates a "puncture" or loosens a energy-portal-oddity so memories/junk from not-body's-brain can come in easier, and the "later" is when the Body/energywhateverness reasserts itself and closes off; people have their first time fronting easiest with this because the body does not like us and seems to build up a defense after the first time - thus, it's harder to get here/present/bring in everything unless the person takes a long time away from front so the body's meta-immune system forgets - gosh this should really be on our blog). ***cough cough cough*** Uh, anyway. Still trying to figure that out. Some people will stick it out past the whole "ewww new driver go away go away go away!" phase from the Body until it adjusts, and then memories/etc. flow more easily for them.

Eugh. I think that's enough talking for one night. Ask questions if you have any, that was a long reply. *looks at preview* A REALLY LONG REPLY MY GODS. I fail at short and simple... /slinks into corner of woe

*edit* Oh, but some of us have sensed outer-body presences. Those are stories for another time though. We don't know if they were easier to sense because they were outer-body and not through it, or if they were particularly strong presences, or if Body's energy was playing nice or what. Lots of oddness happening during those times, so we can't rule much out.

- Marx