Society of Antisocialites

Adopting Solid Forms

4 posts in this topic

I'm looking around at energy beings more to answer the question, because that's what my family's made up of and I'm not sure how shades and the rest would go about it.

The point of discussion is to ask whether anybody who is energy or some variety of non-corporeal has/can/wants to possess a physical form, and if they prefer it in some ways to being non-corporeal.

I ask because my family's variety of energy being has an affinity for matter. We can possess it, manipulate it, and possibly make it depending on how much influence, energy, and power an individual has. A lot of times it's preferable for us to adopt a physical form, for a lot of reasons, and we shape our own as we please in-world. We don't have our influence out here, sadly. -_-

Marx in the last world he was in did have trouble with using bodies - I think he would bind to them, and because of that it was hard or painful to ditch them completely, but I think he figured out a better way to do that later in his life. He'd have to say for certain what and how he managed it.

Long ramble aside - is it possible for you, do you think you would prefer being able to use a body, how do you think it's possible, and all the rest.

- Salem

I don't see any need for my essence to have a physical form.

The entity (me) powering the body is none physical anyway so to me it seems to be a question more of personal preference over what I look look like to anyone that might see me in my none physical form.

Usually that part is not a decision I make.

If I were to choose I can be anything I want but, because peoples perception changes, sometimes from moment to moment, they will see me in different forms depending on what they are most comfortable with.

Sometimes in dreams my physical form turns up but that is my subconcious using what is most suited to the situation, to construct my dream.

Zygo :flame:

Many many people believe they are none physical, human as well as otherkin.

"My true body is eternal and will live on as my physical body dies."

Another question is do those people think there soul or spirt mirror their baser body.

I personally consider my soul and spirit both physical but a different kind of material. There have been some studies where when a person is dying they are weighed until they pass. Mass then leaves with no trace, somthing that isn't supposed to happen based on scientific understanding.

*When Googleing for a source I couldn't find the one I was looking for based in either Sweden or Switzerland.

So does my "less physical" body mirror my current body? No, but it does have a definite* form. It's not like smoke in a bottle.

*Definite as in preferred, I can shift at will under certain circumstances.

~Azrilyan

When I am non-physical I can take any shape I like, but I don't have a set form at all so I look nothing like any physical body I've ever had.

It seems pointless to say that I can take physical form though, I mean obviously I can take solid form, I'm in solid form now.

I don't prefer it, but I do enjoy it.

There are lots of reasons for being physical and there are so many things I can't do unless I'm in physical form. Eating is the first thing I thought of when I read your post, I do love food and I miss it when I'm not 'here'.

As an essence I have an affinity for universal energy, which passes through me constantly, changing and evolving me with every moment that passes. I can't possess it, capture it or keep it, but I can use it, manipulate it and wield it (in self defence) if I need to.

In response to Azrilyan's post I don't have a 'true body' because I don't have a body. I am essence and sometimes I wear a body.

I am interested in hearing more from Marx about the binding if he'd be willing to talk about it.