Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Demovora Cain

Otherkin Habits

8 posts in this topic

When I'm really upset I go completely quiet and just stare at whoever has upset me. I'm told it's really creepy to watch and makes people really nervous.

I've been told it's one of those vampire stares like in the movies, that make a person go really cold inside. I don't do it on purpose, it's just something I've always done, I never even had tantrums as a child, shouting and making noise ain't really me, I'd just go really still and look.

People close to me say it still works now, and as far as I'm concerned if me naturally going quiet and still makes people who upset me nervous and scared then YAY.

Does anyone else have any habits that you think might be associated with your kin type?

I've heard of the cold stare, but I've seen it in pretty much most people around here. The non-confrontational thousand mile stare that people just duel with. Like a staring game just waiting for the other guy to blink.

Some people just don't express their anger outright. They wait for the right opportunity to strike back.

Oh yeah. We're familiar sending and receiving that one, and the waiting for an opportunity to retaliate hits the intent behind many of ours right on the mark... Many animals are capable of it though, aside from humans. With them it might depend more on culture...

I think the tendency for people in my family to express affection (among other sentiments) in "animal-like" ways, and some of our vocalizations, could be explained by our species. It might look strange to a human, but to us it's just natural.

- Salem

I do the cold stare thing myself sometimes. I used to do it with my sister when we were children, she could get the worse out of me...she used to press my buttons, I would give her the cold stare/smile and when she had screamed so much that she was about to have a heart attack. I would go over to her go beserk for a few seconds (such as in punching her), then step back into the cold stare/smile mode...that used to scare the hell out of her :D Oddly enough, she still tried to make me angry over and over again. I seem to have the ability to control my emotions...and that is an ability that I am very grateful for. But clearly as from reading the above: It is not only an Elvish thing!

Some claim that Elves are good at natural magic. To me natural magic for the lack of better words are crafts like healing, herbal lore, divination and the likes or non-ceremonial magic...well, that is straight up my alley way...I work with those crafts more or less on a daily basis.

Others claim that Elves are creative. I have my creative moments alright with my artwork, writing and dancing.

But the most important of what is seen as an Elven trait is our love and connection with nature. As some of you here already know, I am an environmentalist. I am not an environmentalist because I want to impress anybody, make myself feel good and grand or for any other reason than I realize that without nature we would be...dead!!!! And even if this was not the case, we have no right to muck up this planet since we are just one of many many species living on this planet. I do not know if this has got to do with the fact that I was forced off my own planet, if it is an Elvish thing or just my common sense, but this is a trait that I wish the more had.

And oh yeah, then there is the food thing :D I read some where that Elves are good at cooking. I do not think that I have ever read a recipy...other than skimming through them in all my life and still, the amount of disasters in my kitchen during the years are surpringly very few when thinking that when I cook it is total anarchy :D My culinary styles and habits is the punk rock of any known cuisine. If a song was to be written about my cooking is would not be "Anarchy in the U.K" but "Anarchy in the kitchen" *lol* and yet....how messy the end result may look...it always taste great and is very often healthy due to my herbal knowledge. Not perhaps the most fantastic ability imagined, but defently one of more fun ones :D

I love raw fish and napping in the sun :kitty2:

If it weren't for work I would honestly be up most of the night and sleep most of the day. It actually suited myself and my cat fairly well the couple months that I did work a night shift job. As I said I love raw fish but I also like red meat that is as close to raw as possible. I have actually eaten raw beef before and it really wasn't that bad, kind of tasty :cookie:

I can't say I do the quiet stare thing but I am known for quietly keeping to myself and observing people when I'm in a group. And in person I am pretty quiet and withdrawn until I get to know someone and start to get comfortable. I have been told that sometimes my eyes look completely black and that it unnerves some people. Something about it makes me look like I'm angry. My eyes have always been one of the highlights with people. They change shades fairly frequently and it's usually not a trick of the light. My mom claims they're sherry-coloured but I've seen them super light gold to almost chocolate and I do have that dark, black-brown ring around the outside. My fiance loves to watch my eyes change colour. Other people? Not so much!

I suppose for the few people whom I have told about being kin, some things about me have suddenly made sense when I bring up the cat. When I recently came out to my fiance and shared some things that are also related to the cat he said he could see it and it makes sense to him. Something about my starting arguments is equal to mini wars for me. *sniffs in mock hurt* I do not start arguments, I just say how I feel about certain things and let him know when I really don't like something. I mean, yes, I am a bit temperamental....like the weather. From :storm: to :snow: sometimes :lol: But that doesn't mean I start arguments.....on purpose >>;

Ahem....I would say that a lot of my habits are due to my kin type, as well as some of my personality and mannerisms. Although a lot of my personality is also inherited. Maybe felines run in the blood? Or just.....bullheadedness :angel_sm017:

~Rhannan

well i collect stuff. i like heat. flying is a blast (taking off and landing is the best, such a rush i want a jet), and i have four moods happy, sad, angry, and rage monster. <-the short version i have so much more to read XD

Drake

I love being in a group of trees, large or small I just love being surrounded by them.

I love the outdoors, walking or running, horse riding or cycling as long as there are fields and grass and trees I'm happy.

I'm a completely rampant carnivore, though I'll eat almost anything.

Rusty orange is my favourite colour, it's so warm and cosy, like the embers of a fire and I always wear something that colour, a jumper or a scarf or something.

This is all outside of the connection I feel, but it's intertwined like Ivy through a tree and although I can see that they're separate I wouldn't like to try and get them apart.

*nods* Nemesis, I too love trees/forests and being outdoors-in fact, I'll often leave a window cracked regardless of the weather because I dislike feeling cut off and sterile indoors. I need to be around green, growing things. When I'm upset or needing recharged, I'll sit under a tree awhile in fact, walk around barefoot, etc. I tend to the not-carnivore end of the spectrum though:)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0