Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Society of Antisocialites

How Many Vampires Consider Themselves 'Kin?

6 posts in this topic

We've been around a little ways and it seems to vary among people. Some consider themselves not-quite-human, whether that be in the sense of non-human-soul-in-a-human-body or just different enough from humans to count as their own thing, and others only view vampirism as a (so to speak) energetic or physiological oddity.

We look at the body's in the latter way - something that results from not managing energy well for various reasons, and a mix of possibilities for sanguine drives - and it is still human (even if we admit this begrudgingly). If somebody whose vampirism was a species or class all its own were to join our system, we would address their species or condition accordingly.

But there it is, just a curiosity I had. :)

- Eledon

Wow, what a question.

I do, and this is for why...

For me it depends on how I define my vampirism and what I believe is responsible.

I believe that the energy that makes me, me, (many people on this forum call it our 'essence') needs tons of energy. (No clue why at this point). My body only takes in enough energy to sustain itself through it's daily functions and tasks, and this leaves my essence going without, none left over for it you see, so I have to get extra energy from somewhere else.

Blood gives me the most energy the fastest, and I think that's because it's one of the purest sustenance sources out there. I can Psi feed when I have no donor, but the energy I get from that is less in every way. Less tasty. less sustaining and less energising too.

I chose to call myself vampire because so far I haven't found a word to describe myself that fits better than it does.

I'm definitely NOT a human with an energy deficiency because my essence feels 'other' to me, (other than human) and definitely NOT a re-animated corpse of any kind, but the rest of the description does give you a fairly decent idea of my type of essence and I'm happy with that.

So vampire yes unless a better word comes along, and Kin definitely, at least for me.

From what I've heard from sanguinarians it is a yes and no. the sanguinary aspect literally makes them not 100% physically well if they do not feed. they can sometimes live without, not comfortably or healthily, and the urge can make it uncomfortable to be around other people. Some folks who have the characteristics of a sanguinary vampire also can be a different kin-type than vampire from their beliefs, all the while still displaying symptoms of being a sanguine, but not considering themselves a system/multi-kin/headmate/etc.

I can live sort of comfortably and kind of healthily without blood most of the time, (especially if I use human food substitutes that are high in iron and/or haem), because I can successfully feed on vital energy without having to drain blood to get the prana/energy I need.

I don't know a single vampire who calls themselves sang but who feeds only on blood. We really need to be able to access energy in all it's forms to be successful.

I call myself a sang vamp simply to inform others that I do drink blood and that personally I prefer to obtain my energy/prana from blood, not to exclude the other ways of feeding.

But I do admit that once in a supermoon I can get really hard to be around and my energy gets super growly and my body gets tired, lethargic, very achy and slow.

Not great for a dancer.

Im not a Vamp but Full moons prevent me from any kind of restful sleep, and supermoons, forget about it im staying up

I consider myself as a blood drinking vampire to be other than human, not necessarily a different species (sometimes I feel that I am), but other in spiritual and physical forms. So yes, I consider my vampire to be kin. I have been a vampire for many lifetimes that I can recall, especially as a presence on this plane of existence. I am physically different from humans, and I do believe in levels of reincarnation as well as vampirism on a soul level. I live as a human but feel different from humans. I require many of the same things as a human but then require more not yet explained by science. Real living vampires, to my belief, are a type of otherkin, using the term to encompass other beings separated in form to other humans.

I feed on all kinds of energies, but what my vampire side really needs is blood. Other sources can provide a snack or tie me over, but I still feel the repercussions without what I really need. The changes of the moon affect us all on this planet, but my vampire has different fluctuations depending. I have a hard time living on a day schedule, and even exhausted, can have a hard time sleeping at night. I do not have the advantage of sleeping during the day. I am not a living corpse, but when not fed, I have the tendency to be like a zombie in a meniscal similarity. I believe that my physical and spiritual body uses energy at a different pace than others and cannot replenish energy here on Earth as a human should. My energy dispenses at a quicker rate without regenerating any equivalent. The word vampire found me predating my use of the internet to find kinship and information. I have given thought of following along with other terms, but I know what I am and stick to what feels right in calling it as I see it.

I am also Fae, which can fall into being considered otherkin. However, I have separated my statements above as my spiritual and physical beliefs of only my vampirism.

I believe otherkin can be vampiric in different energetic fashions but not like the needs of a vampire. For centuries, cultures have been putting names out there for some of the same things felt and experienced, so in the age of information at your fingertips, we come to trying to find the commonality of terms across numerous language barriers.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0