Society of Antisocialites

Last Person to Post Wins~

624 posts in this topic

I think this is the first time I've really played a mage. I've always utilized magic when it's been an option for my characters, like in the Witcher where you can cast signs that aren't technically considered "magic" but are a form of it. Or like in the FF games I would frequently utilize my mage characters whenever it was beneficial to have one in the party (like in FFX where you can swap out your party members during battle). I tend to be more of a hack-n-slash type so the dual-wielding rogues of DA2 and DAI have been a pretty good option for me, but the magic system in DAI is so much better than DA2 that I ended up going for that this go around. Of course I'm sure it would be a whole lot more challenging if I had the difficulty turned up lol.

So it's a never ending game of posting random stuff... Sounds like fun! :)

I got part of that from one of the Star Trek movies.

Mages are the way to go, tho the single target dps isn't as high as rogues

True, but that multi-target dps is worth the trouble of having to remind myself that I can't just run up and pull an assassinate skill on someone in stealth mode! Preemptive striking is always a good deal of fun, something I'd forgotten.

I actually wish the Witcher 3 had a bit more usable magic to play with instead of just the signs. Started Skyrim, it's iffy as to whether or not I'll continue just because it's a tad annoying in places. Still haven't started Bloodborne, suppose I should, but there's just so much that I have to do lately and I can't play every day. If I could get a job just playing video games that would be the life lol.

Yeah that's my biggest problem withheld witchery, amazing game, but I want to play a damn mage

I know a few people who played Skyrim. I never played but I've heard a number of people say it's a good game. Most of the online players I know of use mod packs to make it more interesting.

Skyrim is good, but old, mods are the only way to keep it fresh

They make a lot of mods for games I like, but I never use them. Playing on a console rarely allows that to be an option anyway, but I always find Bethesda games to be great the way they are. That being said, 2 mods I would consider for Fallout 4 - if they were ever made - are a mod to put Advanced Power Armor from Fallout Tactics in the game, and a mod to get all of the status effects of Survival Mode without making the combat impossible and the save system like Edge of Tomorrow.

I haven't played Skyrim again yet but I did start Bloodborne finally and it's kind of....a pain in the butt.

Happy Halloween Everyone! Best day of the year right here, and I love it every time it comes around!

On 31.10.2017 at 2:48 AM, Rhannan said:

I haven't played Skyrim again yet but I did start Bloodborne finally and it's kind of....a pain in the butt.

It's rather glorious, isn't it? Hopefully there's some players around you can call in at times. The NPC's aren't as useful in boss fights besides absorbing hits for a short time. 

16 hours ago, Claudius Cass said:

It's rather glorious, isn't it? Hopefully there's some players around you can call in at times. The NPC's aren't as useful in boss fights besides absorbing hits for a short time. 

I haven't played it again since that first day lol. I did some research and saw something about skipping ahead to the first boss so you can get what you need to actually be able to level up. I hate that I can't really do a whole lot right now because I can't level up yet, no matter how many enemies I kill. Still haven't made it to that first boss, keep getting killed. I had an itch to continue Witcher 3 and now I'm so close to the end that I pretty much just have the DLCs and what is possibly the final quest of the main story, save for 2 or 3 contracts I need to be high level for anyway and a bunch of treasure hunts for Witcher gear I won't actually wear. I prefer the Cat School armor but I would consider switching to the Wolven armor once I have a complete set I can wear. Yesterday I switched back to my mage file of DAI and made some good progress, might play again today. I think I only have one weekend after this before my class starts so I kind of want to soak it in while I can but at the same time I have other things to do in the house and I am sick right now. Hate being sick -___-

On 5.11.2017 at 5:26 PM, Rhannan said:

I haven't played it again since that first day lol. I did some research and saw something about skipping ahead to the first boss so you can get what you need to actually be able to level up. I hate that I can't really do a whole lot right now because I can't level up yet, no matter how many enemies I kill.

The leveling up system actually works by gaining insight points to revive the doll who will help you level up. Gaining insight can be obtained by discovering a boss, killing a boss, event/cinematic or finding madman's knowledge. There's an optional boss way early in the game that you can reach by just rushing through the mob and heading to the bridge. Doesn't matter if you're killed, you keep the insight point. Also as a hint, if you gain over 40 points early game, to quote Doc Brown; ''you're gonna see some serious shit.''

As for The Witcher I can't help much, only started the first one from the very beginning recently.

Also do rest and keep your health up. Good luck!

On 11/16/2017 at 3:24 PM, Claudius Cass said:

The leveling up system actually works by gaining insight points to revive the doll who will help you level up. Gaining insight can be obtained by discovering a boss, killing a boss, event/cinematic or finding madman's knowledge. There's an optional boss way early in the game that you can reach by just rushing through the mob and heading to the bridge. Doesn't matter if you're killed, you keep the insight point. Also as a hint, if you gain over 40 points early game, to quote Doc Brown; ''you're gonna see some serious shit.''

As for The Witcher I can't help much, only started the first one from the very beginning recently.

Also do rest and keep your health up. Good luck!

Thanks, Claudius! I did some poking around online and found out about the whole insight thing with the doll and all that. I keep dying either at the mob or just after. I haven't played it again yet, been busy with DAI again. Witcher I am pretty well at the end I'm just delaying because I got the itch to go back to DAI. I did get a 3DS today though from a co-worker. His kids haven't been using it so he sold it to me, picked up Pokemon Ultra Sun, and he is going to sell me their 360 once Christmas is over since he and his wife are buying the kids an XBox One. So I picked up Origins for the 360, full deal with the expansions, since I never did get my PS3 and TV to cooperate with each other.

Been trying to rest but it's not easy with work and bad traffic. Class starts Monday so I have to finish prepping for that this weekend (by spending one whole day gaming basically lol). I actually went back to the doctor this weekend and they have decided they want to get a new MRI because it's been a year since my last one and I am having some new, rather concerning issues that are related to my back. If there's another surgery in my future maybe I will get to be off for a few months again which would give me time to knock out some classes.

Mwahahahaha....here I've lulled all of you into a false sense of security.....for now, for how ever long this may last, I am the last person to post, and therefore,but for the moment, I win. 

iwin.png

And now I am winning! Because lurking. :cool-smiley-006:

No you... :P

Lurkitty lurk lurk lurkin' all the time! *does the lurking dance*

Mach win to me