SirAzrilyan

a question to fill the space.

4 posts in this topic

I know that with plurality the individuals are just that, individuals. Sometimes they can be very different or very simular, but for the most part, they are entirely separate beings.

So my question, has anyone heard of two or more people in a system deciding to bond to eachother so closely that they become one being? Were they successful and was the outcome worth it?

We've never heard of anyone doing that, but I think we've heard of a few who merged accidentally. Maybe people from the Hotel and City will know more, since they've been active in the plural community longer than us.

Most plurals we've spoken to don't view merging as an ideal, and some (like us) are a bit horrified at the thought of it... I don't think it'd be possible with anyone in our system, and I can't imagine many reasons why system members would try that if they aren't being coerced into integration.

The people in our system who are spiritually and emotionally closest are still very definitely separate people, as bound to each other as they are, and those who can get closer through a spiritual bond would use it as occasional intimacy, not trying to become each other.

- Mischief

Merging to me suggests bringing parts of one individual back together which, though it may or may not be a good thing depending on the personalities involved, is certainly not the same as trying to merge seperate entities. It would be like Velvet and I trying to merge our essences together to make one new individual.

I am personally pretty certain that it would not matter if the individuals are part of a plural system or two seperate individuals with two bodies. I really dont think that could work even as a none physical pairing.

But having said all that I am certainly open to new information.

Zygo :flame:

Most plurals we've spoken to don't view merging as an ideal, and some (like us) are a bit horrified at the thought of it... I don't think it'd be possible with anyone in our system, and I can't imagine many reasons why system members would try that if they aren't being coerced into integration.

- Mischief

I am asking because of my situation. I (Zac) am a very different person from Azrilyan. Yet he is me source of strength and I am his sorcerer of control, we balance each other. Further more, he holds an incredible amount of pain, enough that simply writing that phrase tears me up a little, which is far too much for him to handle. I am unable to help with most of it. We believe the only way to save him from himself while giving him the control he needs to continue and giving me the strength I need to survive is for us to become one person.

To be honest we are both scared of the concept as well (Azzy would never admit that though). Also from doing it I would gain little that I couldn't achieve on my own.

I guess I'm just scared and while I'm not having second thoughts, I just want to find a few people who were recreated in this way.

~Zac

While this pain is something I can share with others, even have them live some memories so they understand exactly, I am unable to find more then temporary relief. It seems this pain that I have held, I will hold forever more. But as mentioned I lack the control to keep from breaking down or worse under the pressure. Nothing I have found in my rather long life has helped. forgetting the past is not an option, the pain resurfaces. This idea though, it gives me hope that I will survive, though I won't be quite the same, I will still be.

~Azrilyan

Merging to me suggests bringing parts of one individual back together which, though it may or may not be a good thing depending on the personalities involved, is certainly not the same as trying to merge seperate entities...

I really dont think that could work even as a none physical pairing.

Zygo :flame:

It may help that I have been thinking about this for a long time, and planted a small part of myself in his soul back as an infant. But I still don't think this will be a quick process. Also I think there will be incompatible "leftover" pieces which would be discarded.

So in short I believe it is possible to bring two compatible people into one and that two people can be made compatible given enough time and persistence from both. In our case we have had plenty of both but still haven't taken the big step. I still am not ready, the bigger a being is the longer it takes to make sure everything is lined up.

~Azrilyan

Ps. Do you guys notice a major voice change between us? Really curious about that. Lol

~Zac