Rhannan

Tea

33 posts in this topic

Yea, unique mixes are great. Have you ever tries pine needles?

Snowy, I don't live in a country where you can have great varieties of tea... :(

7 minutes ago, Styxan said:

Yea, unique mixes are great. Have you ever tries pine needles?

Snowy, I don't live in a country where you can have great varieties of tea... :(

I haven't gotten to try pine needle tea, but it is something I hope to do someday. I'm a major tea fan, and have found it can be a great way to explore the world and its many cultures. 

I'm sorry to hear that you do not have a great selection in your country.  I often have to special order my brand as well, as it is more native to England than America. 

First World Tea Problems, I suppose. :P 

-Snowy 

I'm a fan of blending good quality Green Tea and Earl Gray together. It has a unique flavor that I find very enjoyable, hot or cold. 

If sweetened, I recommend honey and a touch of ginseng for an additional kick.

ALL HAIL THREAD NECROMANCY!!!

*ahem* I bought a bunch of little packets of herbs from a local whole/health foods store a week or so ago with the intention of using them for my spiritual practices but also for making my own teas. Does anyone have any recommendations for herbal combinations? I picked up some random ones just....for giggles really. Coltsfoot, Horehound, whole star Anise (I actually don't care for it because I don't like licorice but it has some great uses), Mullein leaf, Irish Moss, Valerian root, Chaste Tree berries, Red Root powder, Elderflower, Nettle leaf, Milk Thistle, Eyebright powder, Skullcap, Sage, and Elderberries. Also a premixed tea called "fountain of youth" that I thought I might try but my mom pointed out that some of the ingredients might interact with my medications so I may not be using that one, not sure yet. I have a tiny horde of herbs and no direction!

Sorry Rhannan I am not a herbal expert :(

*snuggles* It's ok, Mog, you're my cookie expert! <3

Hehehehe, just for that here is a triple chocolate cookie

*gasps* YAY!!! Thank you!!! *snuggles Mog* <3