Rhannan

Tea

28 posts in this topic

This is only on my mind because I started drinking more again (and using a bit in my hair >>). What kind of tea does everyone like?

I have to say my favourite right now would be Sleepytime Extra from Celestial Seasonings. Add a few teaspoons of honey and it's time to get comfy and either read a good book, meditate, or just straight up pass out! I'm also giving cat's claw a try. I really wanted to pick up some catnip tea but they were all out so I might have to wait a week or two or I can just go pick up some organic catnip and try it that way. I'd like to try rose hip tea as well eventually or maybe just rose hip jam.

~Rhannan

Personally, I am not a huge drinker of tea, yet it's hard to pull me away from a shop that sells it such as Teavana or Dave's or one we've here in Hawaii from Japan called Lupicia. I do love the smell of all the various flavors they can make. When we were in Canada earlier this year, I had Dael'drha pick up a tin of Pumpkin Spice tea based on smell alone! (Turns out that's the kind she wanted to pick up and bring back anyways... ;) ) Though, it has to be said that when I am in a tea drinking mode, I end up drinking a nice cup of genmaicha..the kind with the roasted brown rice in it as well.

i drink a ton of tea... about all i drink is water and sweet tea. if im feeling fanceh then my favorite is Earl Gray tea. if there is no tea or water to be had then i get a soda... and when i need to stay awake.

Drake

I drink herbal and fruit tea but not the ordinary kind. (Mostly ours come in tea bags! YUK) I just don't like the taste.

I've tried it hot, with milk, without milk, and iced with lemon and iced with mint. It's just no good, the flavour doesn't appeal to me any way I've tried it so far and I can't think of any other ways to have it.

It's almost like being a traitor to your culture in the UK not to like tea. :busted:

Rose hips make lovely jam, and marvellous syrup for coughs and colds, or even just as a cool refreshing drink because they're packed with vitamin C, but I've never thought to add warm water to the syrup or just straight make them into tea. Don't know why not. :sad-smiley-056:

I love fruit tea...esspecially if is black currant tea...uhm, black current tea with lemon and honey...oh, yum :)

But I am trying to eliminate all caffeine in my diet, so now I only drink green tea and white tea and some home made tisane tea now and again...mainly dry berries and herbs. But always, always, always wilth lemon and honey :D And that is all that I drink, I can drink plain water of course, but only if I am very thirsty and there is no tea around!

And do not worry about being a cultural traitor, Velvet :) The Danes are legendary for our love of coffee and so are The Swedes, but personally despite being part Dane...I hate the stuff!!! The British are equally legendary for their love of tea and yet, I was in my early 20´s before I got a liking for tea...despite me being part English.

But in general drinking tea is a very good idea...and the less frememented the tea is, the healthier it is...there for I try to drink at least two cups of white tea...everyday!

I think I am going to at least attempt to start drinking a cup of my sleepytime extra before bed every night. Not that I will be able to all of the time but if I can do it at least part of the time that would be nice. I just need more. I'm down to my last two bags and the store I popped into today to look for it was all out of the extra, they only had the regular and the vanilla. I love having the valerian in the extra :sad-smiley-002:

~Rhannan

A lot of us only drink tea, hot chocolate, or juice... Usually we're lazy and just stick English Breakfast Tea into the keurig, but there's also a small hoard of bagged and loose leaf tea sitting around.

A lot of people like Irish breakfast and pretty plain stuff... We'll usually drink that with creamer. Some like herbal or fruit teas, and the Brothers figured out a recipe that makes pomegranate tea taste like juice or sweet cider. We might put it up here at some point.

Most people have their own favorites. I'm more of a juice person, so they'll respond whenever they get to it.

- Mischief

Earl Gray is my favorite tea, but I also like Chai and Irish Breakfast. With milk and sweetener. Honestly, I'm not a fan of coffee but LOVE caffeine so I've learned to drink it-quite adamant about it now actually LOL With LOTS of milk and sweetener.

Not a fan of coffee she says....can't even talk to her in the morning until she has a cup, lest I lose something very near and dear to me. :D

Personally, I tend towards a personal blend; masala chai and rosehip. With the right quality teas, you get this deep, almost firey tea. It serves well for certain kin-related cravings.

Well I am about to try my catnip tea. I saw it in at the whole foods store the last time I went and I was all like yay finally I can try some! Problem? I gave my cat a little nip when I brought it in so that he would have his own but the whole time I've let it sit and steep he has been determined to get onto my desk and get into it. So I let him have the bag when I was done with it (no strings or tags on it). Great fun for him. He was all OMGYEAHYEAHYEAH when I held it up for him to sniff and then let him play with it. Now I have a happy cat and a nice mess on the floor. Like....all over the middle of the floor -___-

Tea is good though! About how I expected it to taste based on the first time I tried to make some with the nip I had grown. This is organic and all that jazz but it does have a nice flavour even without any honey added. Sweet by itself but still green.

~Rhannan

For bagged teas, I enjoy using the Irish tea, some black ones (for sweet tea purposes), and sometimes a chai.

I tend to always sweeten them with honey though and some type of milk. I really love tea with goat's milk.

I worked in an apothecary for several years, so I love mixing my own teas. Loose leaf chai is much better than the tea bag type. It's just sometimes hard to buy all of the different tea ingredients one can have. There's a tea shop near my university that operates on only loose leaf teas.

Other than those, herbal teas are my favorites and I love crafting them on my own still.

I have several tea loving friends and we think that there is a tea for every situation. Also, we use it to de-stress and take a few minutes for ourselves.

You'd need an huge set of shelves if you were going to buy all of the tea ingredients available, perhaps even a small room dedicated just to tea making, like the Japanese used to have. :smile:

I have a new respect for the Japanese... O.O

So far I've only been able to try black tea. It would be nice to learn how to make my own though.

~ Icarus

Ooo that sounds amazing.... I WANT A TEA ROOM!!! O_______O

~Rhannan

Some of us like Earl Grey Tea or Breakfast tea .

Ellam likes green tea and has other flavors of green tea.

Some of like ginger bread tea , Caramelized Apple tea and buttermint tea.

-Oreo

A tea room would be amaze. O.O

The body stopped tolerating caffeine even the slightest bit, so we can't drink black tea anymore. Even that gives it issues. -_- We've taken to drinking white and green teas, or decaf herbal teas. Pure peppermint and chamomile are very good, and lotus tea is a favorite for a lot of Grimms. :) Alecto likes ginger pear white tea. A few people really like chai, but it makes the body's stomach upset. :(

Brand-wise, we get a lot of Stash and Tazo. Tazo makes very nice blends, and Stash is where we get our herbal teas.

- Alethos

I start my day, near everyday, with Mint Green Tea from Twinnings. It's one of my favorite things. 

Since I have ditched drinks with a lot ofcaffeine due to health issues, including black tea (I was curious about coffee for several reasons and decided to get used to drinking it and damn, did my body punish me for that...vommiting, skin rash, dizzyness. And yes, I know now that I am allergic to coffee), then I drink nothing but green tea, white tea, and water.

And I must admit that there is almost nothing better in the morning when I wake up, or rather in the night (2 am), than the first sip of newly brewed green tea :smile:

14 hours ago, Jalyndre said:

(I was curious about coffee for several reasons and decided to get used to drinking it and damn, did my body punish me for that...vommiting, skin rash, dizzyness. And yes, I know now that I am allergic to coffee)

You poor soul, my condolences, no one should be without the miracle manna that is coffee, that black nectar from the heavens.

Anyway, I got really accustomed to black tea when I had a huge bag surplus of it from the guerilla packs during training and camping. Very basic but I like. Otherwise strong tea like mint is preferred but I rarely end up drinking tea otherwise.

Oh, there is no need to feel sorry for me, Claudius :lol: I had to force myself to drink coffee...because damn it taste horrible!!!!!! I only gave it a go after reading about the antioxidants in coffee.

Catnip tea! :3

I loooove catnip (well, cat spirit kin confirmed ^^), but if not catnip, then mixing up spices with some black tea to create something that reminds me of that African tea mix I drank a while ago.

But still, catnip! :3

Ooo I have catnip tea! As well as cat's claw tea. Occasionally I will blend them together for a brew so I can get some extra cat-ness going on lol. Actually, cat's claw is supposed to be good for the stomach, and is my alternative to ginger tea (which I have and it's kind of bleh to me). Thankfully my first cat doesn't try to drink it when I have it, the new one not so sure yet.

I finally found a green tea with jasmine, which my mom had gotten a few bags from a sample pack I guess a while back. Been a pain in the butt to find but I saw it and I bought it! Giving black tea a try as well.

~Rhannan

6 hours ago, Styxan said:

Catnip tea! :3

I loooove catnip (well, cat spirit kin confirmed ^^), but if not catnip, then mixing up spices with some black tea to create something that reminds me of that African tea mix I drank a while ago.

But still, catnip! :3

I've never had Catnip tea. It sounds interesting, I'll have to keep an eye out for it.

As for African Tea Mix, I'm pretty sure that's Rooibos, Or Bush Tea, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rooibos  It may help you find it in stores.

-Snowy

I make my own blends of teas o.o

I have a lot of different dried herbs, so i like to experiment by throwing random ones together and tasting the result. One of my favorites for before bed is a mix of lavender, chamomile, valerian root, and peppermint. valerian root actually has a slightly sweet flavor