Society of Antisocialites

Feeding Preferences

17 posts in this topic

XD Picked up from Kitsuhana. Thought it would do well here too.

How do you feed? Is there a particular source you would prefer to use?

We usually have to use environmental energy, but we'll reply with a full post later~

- Track

HI Track, nice to meet you. :smile:

I'm a sang vamp so my preferred food source is blood. I have a donor, off and on, but sometimes have to Psi feed. When I do I choose Universal energy, because human energy often has a very odd flavour to me. It tastes kind of like tripe and onions mixed with braised liver and jellied eel, (oily, watery and not enough salt), and all too often it makes me feel ill. :fever:

I am not sure what to call it really but my essence pulls in energy, burns it and then consumes the "cleansed" energy.

I don't to feed from human sources either, I find it unpleasant to deal with, since most of what comes off is excess emotional energy and tends to be a mix that can be very unpleasant, so I don't want it hanging around me.

I often burn it but I don't feed from it.

Zygo :flame:

My first choice is blood also. But I don't really like to go out and find a doner I just find the process annoying, and also some people's blood just tastes wrong..

Because I don't go after blood a lot I find myself almost always taking a little bit from my environment, my favorite being the strong heavy storms that sometimes come through. Those are good times.. :smile:

When there are no storms and no blood I get the majority of my energy from all those little (sometimes not so little) energy leaches, and those beings that just want to hurt others. I just eat them on up. Haha now the ones that are left normally stay away from me and my friends. :smile:

Something just occured to me while typing for the Sound magic thread .

I can and do regularly feed from musical energy ( personal mp3 player mostly) so it brought to mind does anyone feed specifically or only from Music.i.e A Music Vampire?

I am an empathic vampire, and though I can feed on any kind of emotional energy I prefer to feed from good, happy, high energy or from a deeply peaceful spiritual energy.

@Zygo, I don't feed on the music itself, but I love to feed on the emotions raised by music, most especially the up beat stuff that makes people dance and jump around.

Ah yes thankyou Kalani. I would think feeding on the kinds of emotions raised at a music festival could be quite interesting. Potentially a little odd too depending on what people had been doing prior to the music starting but still, there is a huge potential there.

I feed off of a person's sexual energy. I have an addiction to it now a days though because of the feeling. It's only by sexual contact usually though that I can feed.

And reading a thread started by Kalani I am now wondering if it is possible that art could be a food source like music.

Certainly I would think that it would be possible to feed from the energy and emotion raised in the viewers of artworks, but could art be it's own form of intense energy?

If music can be, then I'm sure art could be as well... They both have emotions and intentions buried in them.

I still have trouble grasping feeding on art or music in and of itself, simply because energy from those ends up being different from life energy. In art, if anything, I think the residual energies left over time would be more substantial to feed off of. Because art - at least in a gallery - is often the original piece and otherwise old, or enduring, the energy one could get from it might make a better meal than a song that's new each time it's played.

To the thread at hand, it depends on the day and particular kind of need. I used to make do with a lot of sexual energy, but here that's not possible. I still prefer energy exchanges and living meat to much else, save the energy of a soul. Energy exchange is preferable for a few reasons, but it also works to sate meat cravings. Those are very, very difficult to get rid of otherwise...

- Marx

I think the only way to know that would be to try it. I don't think digital art, unless it was light based, would have anything much to share but I think Marx might be onto something with the original works. Things like oil paintings and sculptures may have had enough energy given to them by the artist to collect or even channel more of what they were created for.

Though thats not really the art itself, or is it?

For those who can it's possible to feed from the energy and emotion raised in a human being by absolutely anything, it really doesn't matter what it is, if it raises emotion and energy in them it can create food for someone.

Art usually creates much more gentle emotions though, there will always be artists who set out to shock and revolt people (Damian Hurst) but most seem to be seeking to either entertain, please or calm people. I think that in general it's a much more peaceful medium, even for those who like to read unpleasant things into the work it's hardly ever a violent emotion it's usually discomfort or unease. People might say I don't like that or I don't understand it, but not often I hate it or it makes me feel like doing something violent.

I prefer to feed on happy and peaceful emotions and I find a lot of those kinds of emotions around art galleries. Also christmas displays in shopping malls.

I can understand your point about the Christmas displays, I love looking at them, and losing myself in the magic that is only ever felt at Christmas. At least up until around December 22nd, after that nothing is peaceful about shopping and Christmas. One look at the panic driven faces of the people screeching around trying desperately to buy in two days what they know they should have been buying for the last few weeks makes me really afraid.

One look at the panic driven faces of the people screeching around trying desperately to buy in two days what they know they should have been buying for the last few weeks makes me really afraid.

LOL@Lys. I've seen them, They scare me too.

Those are the people who, if you go to their houses for christmas dinner, you might get turkey, vegetables and all the trimmings, OR you might get a cocktail cherry on a stick and a bin bag! :booboo:

Yes, those are the kinds of people my parents are. :rolleyes:

I never thought about anyone feeding on my happiness and peace before. It makes me feel kinda funny.

Back to the music. Lol I've "fed" from music, sort of. It's not like feeding from a thing though. I think it's like the vibrations from the music shake the pieces of my energy that wouldn't otherwise be usable. So really its almost like I'm feeding from my self... interesting thought..

As for other forms of art (excluding physical mediums), it might be a simular thing. I mean seeing something incredibly beautiful has that moving effect on a person that can temporarily change their energy.

I think that music wakes up energy of mine that is dormant or sleeping and sets it humming, I don't know if I feed on it but once my energy is raised it's so much easier for me to feel happy and energetic.

That's why I almost always do everything to music. Dusting, tidying, ironing, shopping, I always seem to get more done or get it done faster if I have music playing at the same time.