Society of Antisocialites

Body Modification

15 posts in this topic

What do you all think of it? Got any work done, or planning to? Like specific styles or types? Links to share?

Think of this as a general thread. If somebody wants to make one that's specifically about mods relating to kintype, then go for it. ^^ I might make a separate one later if nobody else does.

Anyway, I know a fair few (meaning most) people from our system like them, although I'm not certain how many would be wlling to get something done. We're planning on some tattoos and maybe scarifications later (actually we already have some, haha...), but nothing very noticeable.

I'll make a full post later about it because ohmyglobITISLATE I should really be working. >_>

- Marx

i thought about getting a dragon on my back and maybe a sleeve but i normally find other things to do with my time and it doesnt happen XD plus its expencive unless you have a friend... and hopefully your friend is good or your in trouble :P so i would like to do it but its def not a priority

Drake

I have my ears pierced a couple of times each but nothing else. I don't like the thought of having anywhere else done.

I like tattoos but I haven't found one yet that I would want permanently on my body.

I want to have a pair of purple wings tattooed onto my shoulders, but that will cost a fortune so I'm going to have to save up for a while.

I have rings in my ears and my eyebrow pierced.

Though just looking at my avatar I think that would make an awesome back tattoo.

I have a few piercings and tattoos. I want to get some more work done, I just need to get the right designs that I want and some of it will cost a bit. Everything has meaning to me in some way, even if things have changed since I initially got it. And the rest will also be ones with meaning. I've wanted wings for a while now but to get the ones that I want, as big as I would like, I am going to need to do some saving.

~Rhannan

I have a few very basic tattoos on me (thanks to my brothers willingness to use me as a practice board).

But I'd say go for whatever design you fancy, start off small before trying a grand design. If its not something you agree with later in life, still fly it like a flag. It'll be a story among others.

3 earrings in each ear and a beautiful but tiny bat tattoo where no-one would normally see it.

Nothing else planned.

That sounds intriguing dem. I don't have yet but I want a big shadow Dragon on my back

No tattoos yet, but a couple of small ones coming soon.

I have my left ear pierced 3 times, my right ear 4 times, and the right side of my nose and my right eyebrow once each.

After the Renai came out here, we wound up with several piercings and a longer list of tattoos than was planned. O_o

It started when Crow wanted three piercings on each lobe. He got the two initial piercings. Jordan got a second set because he was taking too long, and a third cartilage piercing. We still have to go back and get the third set eventually, and I know some people want a series of helix piercings that we will eventually get.

We have three scarifications - a yin-yang sign, a butterfly, and something Ferris did I'm not sure how to describe.

Eventually we're going to get tattoos - we're going to start with one the Brothers wanted, then probably get an ankh that Meriel requested. Rd wants a dragon tattoo and ornate justice scales on the body's hip. I have no idea when or if we'll get those. XD They sound very painful. Beka has considered getting a hummingbird somewhere, and a few from the Renai's group want something to represent the astrological zodiac.

- Alethos

Okay, so just to throw my few bits in here, I actually think about maybe getting some stuff done further down the road of my life.

I'm looking mostly into body mods like piercings and tatoos, but I've also glanced the idea of getting my tongue split, I just like the thought of having a split tongue for myself.

I have three tattoos...I want to get more, but cannot really afford it. My ears are pierced and I have a nasal piercing, too. Been considering a genital piercing...and would love to have some work done on my ears, to fit my true form a bit better, but that will cost me a fortune

Gods I want more tattoos. I have some ideas for a new back piece, maybe some other stuff, but it's definitely going to be some time before I can afford to do anything. Still waiting for the hospital bills to start rolling in :/

I actually revived my navel piercing. I was going to let it close up but apparently I had it so long that a year later when I decided I wanted it again the bar still went through. I've debated on getting more ear piercings but I'll probably pass on that and stick to ink. I was kind of debating on getting jaguar rosettes but idk they seem like maybe they're getting a little overdone and I'm not sure where I'd put them either.

~Rhannan

I am a big fan of modification and the concept of morphological freedom. That is, that everyone has the right to customize themselves as they wish. As such, I am all for seizing on what methods I have available to get closer to my my truest self. 

As for me, I have a number of Tattoos currently, and am working on sleeving each arm, as well as tattooing my Chest and Back working into an extensive mural that showcases both my true life and this existence of shadow. 

In addition, I'm seriously considering getting implant receivers for whiskers at the outer corner of of either eyebrow, but I want to make sure I can get the look I want before I commit. 

I see no value in leaving the form I'm contained in stock. My attitude is, if they didn't want me to decorate the walls and modify it as I wish, then they shouldn't have stuck me here in the first place. :P 

-Snowy 

If I even had the money to afford it, I've contemplated having various projects done.

When I thought I was mostly Oni or Draconic, I wanted to have the procedure for horns done and not small ones either. I wanted coral shaped and curved at a 45 degree angle upwards from my forward moving backward, extending about 6 to 7 inches.

When I was going through my Lupine and Ligren stages, I wanted to have prosthetic fur placed on my forearms, legs, upper chest and lower back. I debated whiskers and whatnot, but I felt that was a bit unnecessary, but having laser surgery for slit eyes was also a consideration.

Then with my duality, I considered having my left side pigment recolored to a harsh white while my right was to a darker pigment. Maybe not straight black, but a coal-like color.

But at this point with my inner understanding, to do any half of the procedures I've looked into, we'd have to be living in a very progressive society for this kind of thing, or very, very, very independently rich to even consider. Suffice to say I would be unrecognizable by the end, but to be fair, that's how it feels looking in the mirror. My flesh-suit just...doesn't even scratch at all what lies beneath and never fails to feel a bit alien to look at.