lina

Physical descent vampirism

9 posts in this topic

Not a topic I've seen to well recieved, but I'm interested in seeing what other people think of this.

There's a kin friend I know, she believes that her family has the heritage from a vampire. Her kintype isn't a vampire, but she has some issues that seem to be typical of a sanguinarian vampire. There was co-worker who told me about a theory in the medical field about real vampirism as a genetic condition passed on through generations as a recessive trait. People subject to this would have cravings for blood, be able to consume it without getting sick. Going without would make the individual get physically weak and sick, but not necessarily fatally so. No one would try to test this theory for fear of the negative impact on their carreers and difficulty in finding test subjects. Can I get opinions, comments, and such on this?

Very interesting topic. I have never heard of anyone claiming to have lineage connected to a vampire that is not one themselves. I am not sure how I feel about the topic. I would definitely want to know more. Though the first thing that popped into my mind was porphyria which some would consider "the vampire disease". Ruling that out, how would something like that be traced. I think I have more questions than anything.

Let's see if I remember this right... you see I was a staff member to a "real vampire" social network a few years ago, aptly titled vampspace.com. The owner has a very... tight grip on his reality and banned people who didn't fit in with it labeling them posers before getting a chance to defend themselves. His paranoia, eagerness to ban, and always right attitude slowly killed the site.

vHERV is what he called the virus that caused physical vampirism, and labeled everything else as poser. The virus is said to be simular to HIV in that it mutates every cell in your body changing your DNA, and thus transfers the virus through blood. Also he says the virus dates back to the first cases of the black plague. Umm.. you don't get fangs, eyes slightly change color, children have a 50% chance of getting the virus if one parent has it, increased physical and mental/spiritual capacity, oh and increase of iron tolerance up to 800% through he recommended not going over 500%. There is some other minor stuff too.

He makes a really good argument on the one website of his that still is up, http://www.vampirewebsite.net (doesn't have the most creativity does he?).

So all in all I believe I have this virus, I either got it from my dad (no idea where he could have gotten it from) or I got it from one of my early games of blood brothers (or I gave it to that friend). I have "turned" another of my friends so I'm completely sure I have something. I also know I can consume 300% the rda without any ill effects.

I however disagree with him on that the only real vampirism comes from this virus. I can't be sure mine come from this virus, as my angelic side drank blood since his darker days, and I also have reason to believe 200 year old vampires exist in some form. (Not proof though) I also think those with an energy deficiency and need to feed from emotions auras and the like should be included in the term vampire.

So if you want to do the research on the purely physical theory of vampirism that site is the goldmine. I'll repost it so it's easy to find.

http://www.vampirewebsite.net

I know personally three Vampires who are Inheritors. And as for that,,,well if you can have Fae who are Fae by family/blood ties than why not Vampires? I am no near an expert on Vampirism, but one can imagine that the Vampire gene or what ever you would like to call, could jump over a generation or two in some members of a family, where the gene/virus what have you does not get "switched on" in that person´s body. That happens to human, so it is not unheard off!

I have met a vampire family. Three generations, (grandfather, mother and father and 3 children).

Vampires in human bodies, married to other vampires in human bodies, producing children who were vampires in human bodies.

Very rich, very powerful (in the human business/money/success sense of the word).

I could not prove to you that they were what they claimed, that's not my business, but for myself I absolutely have no doubt that they exist.

I do know without a doubt that my mother is a vampire. I don't doubt the probability that I could physically be an inheritor of vampire traits. Nonetheless, I do know and feel strongly that I am a vampire on a soul level. Whether inherited genetics or not, I still consider myself physically vampire as well.

I do not believe vampirism is a virus, but I am open to scientific possibilities. Vampspace wasn't a site I really got into, especially due to vampire politics at the time, but the virus ideas predate the founder of that site.

I'm not discounting the possibility of physical descent vampirism, but I don't have any experience of it myself. Even though I am a vampire no-one else in my family is.

As for the virus theory, well, maybe some people who identify as vampires have some kind of virus, I don't know, all I do know is that's not what vampirism is for me, and that's not what it is for my vampire friends either.

We've had the virus discussion so many times over the years but never come to a satisfactory conclusion because none of us have ever met a vampire who thinks that a virus made them the way they are... We've known a few people who think this might be a possible explanation for vampirism, but, and I think this is very important, not one of them were vampires themselves, and so, of course, they didn't have a single clue what they were talking about..

I'm sure I'll have the virus discussion many more times in the future, but unless I ever talk to a vampire who believes that to be a vampire they caught a virus, I'm never going to get any nearer to properly understanding this concept than I am right now.

I have heard people say that one can be made into a psychic vampire by way of spiritual damage, but in this case the individual might not know it or be able to control the energy they consistently siphon off of people around them... its not a physical inheritance, but it is the only way i have heard of a person actually being turned in this world.

I've ran into vampires before, those that existed off of blood to some extent. I'm not sure if it does stand as an inheritance of a gene or if it's a manifestation of kin properties, for lack of better wording there. One does think that energy vampires fall into the same category though, just a different food source. Blood vampires seem to be harder to find than energy vampires though.

It does make sense that vampirism could fall into a lineage aspect though. For that point, I agree with Jalyndre on.

One of the blood vampires that met, they would get physically sick when they couldn't get blood often enough. There was a noticeable decline in her health and an significant positive change after a feeding.