Draken

Favorite Anime

30 posts in this topic

I'm starting this topic for selfish reasons main one being that I'm running out of anime to watch. And I'm sure there are some here who are anime watchers.

I have three: trigun, code geass, fairytale

Honorable mention: sword art online, and D. Grayman

Thank you in advance for any help you can give.

Drake

Sword art online, Naruto, Kiddy Grade and Chrono Crusade.

currently finished accel world, which requires an honourable mention

I agree on Trigun and Fairy Tail, though I am quite the devotee of Hetalia: Axis Powers. You have to watch it in English, Japanese with English subtitles isn't quite as funny, and a LOT is lost in translation.

I must admit that the only anime's I have watched is Sword Art Online, though I have just started watching Full-Metal Alchemist. It seems quite good so far.

Never heard of Chrono Crusade I’ll have to give it a look thank you.

Hetalia was awesome, the show is pretty accurate too. Trigun i like because i can relate to vash... minus being a plant :P Fairytail i love because it has a story that flows and doesnt really get stale like some *clears throat* bleach (great show but filler overload on some bits)

Full-metal was awesome my favorite character... Armstrong XD

few more honorable mention: cowboy bebop (I’m getting a motherfucking spaceship), gungrave (tacky start but great story), and ghost in a shell (makes me want a prosthetic body, machines are better than flesh as always).

And on the slightly darker side, Elfen Lied (which its location still eludes me)

curently watching fate/zero

Drake

i forgot to mention Log Horizen, definitely another worth an honourable mention

Never heard of those two either I’ll look it up, appreciate it ^_^

I've watched a couple of episodes of Seikirei on Netflix... and after watching episode 2, I came to the conclusion that I was watching it for all the wrong reasons... ;)

The missus and I were flipping thought Netflix this afternoon and came across something new, an anime called Kill La Kill. Interesting premise and has to be far and away, the most hyperkinetic and frenetic anime I have encountered to date. I'd say give it a whirl if ya got Netflix.

yea netflix and hulu, bout to drop hulu though... better salection but i didnt pay for ads. I may have a look... after sleep XD

Drake

Another one I hear good things about is PSG (Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt)...but I'm cheap and don't go out and buy random DVD's of untested material. :D

I've just watched From Up On Poppy Hill, it was very good. Anyone else heard of it?

That would be another studio Ghibli master piece. have you seen any of the other studio ghibli movies they are all good.

No this was my first, but I am looking for recommendations for others. Can you give me some titles Mog?

Please and thank you. :smile:

http://www.madman.com.au/studioghibli/collection/

watch them all Dem, although Spirited away and Tales from Earthsea are my favorites, (has nothing to do with Dragons i swear!) I haven't watched seen them all myself but i haven't been able to say anything bad about any of the ones I have seen and that is most of them so yeah. although My neighbours the yamadas does look wierd not sure i could get past the art style.

Death Note :). Matsuda was great. I watched Yugioh season 0 too, but I dont like the others. Full Metal Alchemist seems to be quite good but Im only about half way through so it may go downhill. Armstrong is hilarious.

I'm currently trying to watch InuYasha, which is really good so far! (I used to watch bits and pieces of it when I was really young and it was on Adult Swim. Aaah, it takes me back. xD )

My brother and I watched a series on Netflix called Birdy (here's a picture so it's easier to find: ( birdy2.jpg?1294888901 ).

Wolf's Rain was pretty good. I read the manga as well actually and it was....different. Quite a bit different actually and I was left going "um....where's the rest". But the anime, if I remember correctly, has some pretty intense moments. Gee...I've watched so many and yet so few.... Rosario + Vampire was fairly good but it seems like the manga has more to it. Bleach and Naruto were good watches when I was still keeping up (that would be oh, a couple years ago now so I'm excessively behind again), but the arcs can get a little draining at times. I only watched bits and pieces of InuYasha, I never got into it enough to watch it from the start but I may if I can find it. Trying to think of some more but this is all I have for the moment.

~Rhannan

I'm kinda surprised that there aren't any dragonball fans on here. XD

Drake

OOOO I am a dragonball fan!!!! i just figured you had already seen it

I used to watch Dragonball all the time! Now I started watching the Dragonball Z: Abridged on YouTube. It's hilarious :'D

I just finished watching Natsume Yuujinchou. It wasn't bad, very laid back but kind of a cute story. Got me all back into youkai and Japanese dress again -____- Thinking of trying out the other 3 listings that are connected to the original anime (one is an OVA) but not sure yet.

~Rhannan