Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Alynn

The Evil Eye, the being that Plagued the Aldari

2 posts in this topic

The Evil Eye or The Eye was a dark being that plagued Aldar at least twice in history. It was at first sealed away by the hero of Old Ones blood and then later by an unknown amount of time (assumed several thousands of years) it broke free of its sealing and resumed its assault on Aldar.

It has similar qualities with the Elenari Corruption, it was known to cause chaos and corrupt the land til it was blacker than black and rotten. It also spread a deadly plague that was highly contagious. Once Infected the infected would slowly be "killed" off and then used as a puppet in a zombie like state to spread the disease further.

Infected were described in lore to be as if they were undead and devoid of self thought and with desire only to feed and spread the contagion that made them. It is currently unknown how long the incubation period is til the infection kills its host.

It is also unknown if the Eye was destroyed or resealed away.

I figured I would drop this here as I wanted to share what I know of the "Eye". As far as I know despite it being similar to the corruption I don't think its the same thing as there is no way to link it to it as of yet. However it was said to assume the form of a one eyed demonic/fell looking dragon. But like the corruption it existed outside of our moral and ethical system.

Not doubting you but sounds very related to Tolkien. Do you think that Tolkien might have known something about this?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0