Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Simara

Pretty green...let´s get down and oily

10 posts in this topic

Yep, it has been a while since my last post about green living and in that most recent post I promised to that my next post would be esspecially for the ladies in the castle. But honestly writing about Indian Kajal, how to protect yourself against infamous "lady killers" such as breast -and ovarie cancer and moving on to natural hair bleaching methods would make one single post longer than the Chinese Wall...so I have decided to break the whole "green ladies" topic into shorter and much more reader friendly posts.

The first subject is about a substance which is both easy to use, easy to get hold of and will not cost you a fortune...olive oil. Some might not think of olive oil as a cosmetic, but it has in fact been used as such for thousands of years by Mediterranean girls and women...and for both hair -and skin care. Let´s start with the latter:

Olive oil facial care

We all have different skin types depending on genes, our environment, our diet, how much we groom ourselves and even hormones effects our skin. But what every single skin type craves is nurishment and protection. Olive oil in the right combination is incredibly versatile, no matter what skin type you have and let´s go through them:

Normal skin on young person: If you have no problem with acne, then simply add a some olive oil on your face in the morning and let is absorb before putting on make-up. To remove the make-up say like before bed time, add some olive oil to your skin...soak some cotton wool and gently remove your make-up. Finish off with mixing some olive oil with just one single drop of pressed lemon juice and apply to your facial skin. If you have got problem with acne...increase the amount of lemon juice to two drops, once or twice a day.

Normal skin on mature person: You will need to do pretty much the same as above. But be extra generous with the olive oil twice a day and mix with two drops of pressed lemon juice twice a day. In addition to this you need a bit of extra help to keep your skin looking youthful and healthy...add a bit of organic q10 facial -and eye cream after you have applied the olive oil/lpressed lemon juice mixture on your facial skin. I recommend the brand, Bulgarian Ross, it is free from parabens, not tested on animals, it will not cost you a fortune and last for ever...a jar of q10 facial cream and q10 eye cream last me almost a year at a time. Bulgarian Rose products can be purchased on Ebay.

If you have got oily skin, go easy on the olive oil and increase the amount of pressed lemon juice. For dry skin, go a bit overboard on the olive oil.

For hands and nails: To get supersoft hands and healthy looking nails, simply add and massage them with some olive oil. Got dirty nails: Rub them with pressed lemon juice, before adding the olive oil.

Need a good and cheap organic body lotion? Just use olive oil the same way as you use it on your face, but with out the pressed lemon juice. And the goodness does not end there...almost all women from the early teenage years to grave, shave off if not all their body hair, then at least some and most use off-the-shelf shaving foam which is expensive and are mini chemical dumpsites on a can. Ditch the foam and go for olive oil instead, however do not wet your skin first. When using olive oil as a "shaving foam" remember to apply it directly on your dry skin, soak the razor blade and shave as you normally do. You will be left with super smooth skin and a really clean shave.

As for using olive oil on something dry, instead of wet...whichj leads us on to olive oil and hair care:

Olive oil hair care

For thousands of years women in Greece have used olive oil as a hair mask and with good reason, it leaves your hair super soft, deep conditioned and very shiney. And the method is so easy that anyone can do it:

1: Comb your dry hair and add some olive oil, be extra generous on the ends of your hair. Comb again to make sure that every single strand is covered with olive oil and let it set for 15 minutes.

2: Now you have to wash it out. But do not soak your hair before shampooing/cleansing it...add the shampoo or if you do not use shampoo, then bile soap directly on your hair and massage for about 1 minute and then it is time to soak and rinse your hair...and first then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3: Add some conditioner, let it set and rinse. Or if you are using the no-shampoo method, then some apple vinegar or pressed lemon juice in the final rinse to close and lock the cuticles of your hair...and your are done!!!!!

And there is more: We can all get head lice and there is no need to feel ashamed about it, unless you decide to do nothing about it. The problem is however that off-the-shelf lice shampoo cost a fortune, is stacked with harmfull chemicals and lice are becoming increasingly resistant to these shampoos. The best way to get rid of head lice is to sufforcate them!!!! To "strangle and kill" lice...smuthering is the key and smuthering them with either henna or...olive oil! Appy the olive oil as when using it as a hair mask, however leave it on over night, yes it will get greasy...but greasy pillows can be washed...or use a shower cap...then remove the olive oil as you would do it using it as a hair mask and then let your hair dry. The comb your hair using a special lice comb and see the lice fall dead down the drain!!! It is as easy as that!

And remember the more you use the olive oil hair mask or lock your cuticles in other ways such as using apple vinegar or pressed lemon oil as a hair conditioner, the less attractive you will seem to lice...it is much harder for a lice to cling itself to a smooth locked hair strand then to a open and coarse hair strand.

Now look down....we are going for the lower parts now...

Olive oil intimate cleansing

Yeast infections...don´t you just hate them? And if you are struggling with keeping them at bay then you are not the only one. Women spend fortunes on products to cure yeast infections, but they just keep on comming back...using tampons and wearing too tight underwear are open invitations to yeast infection, but what can you do to effectlvely cure one when it is there and prevent future ones? Use olive oli...simply smear some olive oil up you know where after showering and do this everytime...stick to this and yeast infections will be a thing of the past.

For feet: Read the hand and nail part.

So what is it that makes olive oil, q 10 and vitamin C so effective? Well basically it is antioxidants, something that our skin loves...olive oil is full of vitamin D and apple vinegar/pressed lemon juice is full of vitamin C, both are powerfull antioxidants and as for vitamin C, it is antiseptic too. Q10 is an enzyme with prevents the creation of wrinkles and can be found naturally in fish oil.

And that was all on olive oil...more or less...olive oil as a sun lotion will be featured in a future post.

Jalyndre just wanted to say that i appreciate these posts, i don't say it often because i feel as though it would become redundant. but thank you :) err this one isnt for me though XD

Drake

I love this post.

I have exclusively used olive oil on my skin for years now, and it gives it a lovely healthy 'glow' that none of the chemical based garbage I used to use ever did.

I never have used it on my hair, but I'll be trying that on my next set of days off.

I have to be careful what risks I take with new routines when I'm working. Can't be too slippery for work if you know what I mean.. :lol::censored:

As for down below application, it's not something that troubles me much, but I'll be sure and try it next time it does.

Thanks Jalyndre. I always really look forward to your posts.

I use olive oil a lot in my cooking, so I wondered does it work from the inside out, as well as from the outside in?

Jalyndre just wanted to say that i appreciate these posts, i don't say it often because i feel as though it would become redundant. but thank you :) err this one isnt for me though XD

Drake

Olive oil will work perfectly as a "shaving foam" on men´s faces too, Draken...so this post is not stricktly for the ladies here. And I will certainly write more posts on green living in the future :)

@ Demo: I would recommend a few rounds of trials and errors too, before adding olive oil to your full daily grooming routine...otherwise accidents might happen :D We have all got different skin -and hair types...so take time to find out how much olive oil is enough for you. Good thing is that it does absorb relatively quickly into the skin.

@ Senes: Yes, drinking olive oil is certainly good for you. Virgin oil is full of healthy essential fats and vitamin D. It does not taste that great when you drink/eat it on it´s own and it "burns" your throat...but do not worry, it only feels that way. If this has put you off then just continue using olive3 oil in your diet as you already do.

And remember it has to be cold pressed VIRGIN olive oil for best results. It might sound posh and expensive...but it needn´t be...I pay around what is equivalent to around 6-7 dollars for 1 liter 0.25 gallons of olive oil every month or so, which is not a fortune even on my strict budget.

Cool; I love green living and make some of my own stuffs; I'm a big fan of coconut oil but in fact add a dash of olive oil to my coconut oil moisturizers just to balance it out. *waves* Thanks!:D

I have recently gotten into trying out natural oils and essential oils on my hair and even skin. I've been trying to get my hair to grow out and thus far the vitamins seem to be helping as well as some of the stuff I've been using on my hair. I've done some research, read suggestions, and come up with a few ideas on my own. The latest one, and the one I decided I would sort of make an attempt at, came from my use of tiger balm. Love that stuff. But it has menthol and camphor oils in it and I got to thinking: tingly stuff on the body gets the blood flowing, stimulates the area, helps with stuff, what about stimulating the scalp. Now I wasn't able to get any peppermint oil just yet (they only had the 2ml bottle and I was looking for the 1ml one), but I did get camphor. Decided to add that along with some argan oil, rose oil, a tiny bit of lavender oil, and a touch of rose hip oil. I'm using avocado oil for the carrier and a little bit of filtered water and it feels great on my skin. So far it just seems to be a little too thick for my hair (hence the addition of water). I can usually portion out the macadamia oil concoction (that costs a small fortune) just right and it doesn't make my hair over-oily, so I'm wondering if I should've used something besides avocado oil. I already have hair with an oily tendency (mostly just on the roots) so I have to be careful what goes on it. I do like the way my stuff smells though and like I said it feels great on my skin! Just need to work it out on the hair...

~Rhannan

If you do decide to use tiger balm on your hair please be careful not to get the rinse water in your eyes as it can be an irritant.

Aloe Vera stimulates the blood circulation and is very gentle.

Scalp massage using oil can help with hair growth, as long as it's gentle, anything too vigorous could damage the hair at the root and then it won't grow no matter what you put on it.

I have used nettle oil on my hair to help it grow. It seemed to help. Just put stinging nettles into olive oil for a few weeks to steep. Keep the jar/bottle in a cool dark place.

You can make a rosemary oil in the same way (this smells better)

The juice from red onions helps collagen production which will help your hair grow, but will smell awful funky. lol (Grate the onions, squeeze out the juice, rub on your scalp, leave for an hour or longer if you can stand it, rinse gently with mild shampoo and just warm water.)

I love red onions and I agree, they do promote hair health/growth...but I prefere to eat one onion a day as they have many other health properties such as strenghtening your nails, making your skin smoother and protecting you against various forms of cancer.

Interesting...too bad I can't eat red onions. Every time I've had them for the last couple of years my stomach and esophagus get irritated and upset. Used to be I was fine but it seems to ONLY be red onions that give me heartburn and make me want to throw up.

I may have to try the nettle oil, I think I saw that somewhere when I was looking up tips for Native American hair (not that my hair is that way but that's part of my heritage so....worth a shot!). I would just need to get a hold of some of it. Maybe I should check on Amazon lol. I am careful when rinsing my hair of anything, although usually by the time morning comes or the next time I wash my hair, it's as if whatever I put on my scalp is gone (unless it's a heavy oil). That or I just rinse my hair the right way pretty much all of the time so that it doesn't get into my eyes.....I don't really have time for all of that steeping and such right now though. I'm too busy with work and there's the chance/hope of moving soon and if I did that would upset whatever I am messing with if it needs to sit for a while.

I added a recipe someone gave me for hair to the thread I started for hair growing tips. I'd appreciate more if anyone has any! I'm trying so hard to be good, so the urge to dye it again is being fought down (though the last time I dyed it there really weren't any signs of damage like usual). I just hate having that distinct line of roots, but at the same time it shows me how much progress I've made. And I sort of need a trim again but I'm leery of 1. spending the money and 2. letting someone take anything off of my ends for fear they may take too much.

~Rhannan

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0