Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Simara

Easy green cleaning.

4 posts in this topic

As promised I am going to write some posts about green living and I will start off with something really easy that you can do not matter where you live and the best part is, you can find all that you need in your local super market and even the odd corner shop.

Cleaning is something that we all have to do, weather we like it it or not and unfortunally conventional cleaning means using a lot of water and harmfull chemicals, but it does not have to be like that. All you need to clean greener is:

Micro fiber fabrics

Apple vinegar

Baking powder

Micro fiber fabric might still be unknow to some, but this it hows it works...a micro fibre cloth or duster contains tiny tiny fibers which absorbs dust, dirt and grind so effectively that on most surfaces there is no need for neither water or chemicals. I clean most of my surfaces at home with a dry micro soft cloth or a dry micro soft cloth and nothing else and that goes for my floors as weel...I clean twice a week and my shelves and floors are so clean that they are shining, then same can be said for my bathroom sink and tiles.

Where I do think it takes a little more than just a dry micro fiber cloth is in my kitchen, when cleaning mirror and cleaning the outer part of my toilet. I used this solution for together with my micro fiber cloth:

Pour a some baking soda in your bucket

Add some apple vinegar and let it set until it bubbles a bit (this will take a few seconds)

Add some hot water

And then you are set to get on with your cleaning. To clean the inside of the toilet which is always the last thing I do in my cleaning routine then pour some baking soda and then some apple vinegar around the edge of the toilet bowl and let it set for 30 minutes and the brush and flush.

Your home will not smell of blue berries, pine wood or what the else these universal cleaner manufactures tell you that you will smell like if you use their products, but it will smell of what it is...fresh and clean!

Another good thing is that you will save a fortune on cleaning products...micro fiber cleaning tools are not more expensive than any other cleaning tools and they can be used over and over again, just wash together with the rest of your laundry. And as for vinegar and baking powder...if you have not already heard of the vinegar and baking powder hair cleaning method which I shall write more about, then you will find out that vinegar and baking powder can be used for much more than baking, making food and well...cleaning!

On a last note: Need to clean some CD´s or DVD´s? Do not go down to the hardwatre or computer shop to buy some expensive and toxic cleansing liquid, use a micro fiber cloth instead and simply polish your CD or DVD with that, if the CD or DVD is really filthy then dampen the cloth with some water and then polish.

The same goes for glasses...micro fiber will clean your lenses efficiently without leaving one single scratch mark.

Got to dash...take care, all :)

All the bottles, tins and jars you can get in shops makes me feel like dusting and stuff is a bit out of my league, but what you're talking about makes it sound really easy. I can never decide which one to buy, or which one to use for which job, so I don't buy or use any of them.

I feel like if I could just grab one cloth and one lot of cleaner for every job then I might even do something about my dust.

XD better then me, i have microfiber cloths for my car and a ton of car cleaning products in my trunk... For my room i have a sock or shirt waded up with whatever cleaning supplies i can steal from my suitemate :p

Im a dirtbag i know lol maybe il reform myself an give these suggestions a try

Drake

Okay gentlemen, I can see that this discussion needs a woman´s touch :D A sock or shirt for cleaning, good grief :D :D :D

You use a cloth for surface cleaning and a duster...make sure it is either magnetic or a micro fiber one...to dust of things like figurines, books and on surfaces where it is hard to get to like kitchen shelfs. For floors you use a larger and thicker cloth or a special cleaning pad such as a micro fiber one which you attach to a special broom. Read what it saids on the package, read the product information sign or ask a shop assistent if you feel confussed. Or you can take a look at these pics:a

Micro fiber duster: For cleaning decorative items such as figurines, candlestick holders, frames, hard to get places like kitchen shelves.

http://wdrfc.en.alib...g_products.html

Micro fiber cloth: For surfaces such as tables.

http://commercialjanitorialservices.ca/sunshine-wp-content/uploads/2013/02/MICROFIBRE.jpg

And for floors: http://www.bedbathan...requestid=47945

When looking for baking powder/soda and vinegar, then look for it baking powder/soda on the shelves next to flour, iceing sugar etc and as for vinegar it will most likely be on a shelf near things like cooking/plant oil, red wine vinegar and such.

And yeah, I´ve done my best :D

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0