ShadowedBelief

The end of Humanity

14 posts in this topic

It's not happy, it's not even all that good, but I'd love your opinions on it.

Take a look out through your windows

And tell me what you see,

Take a look out through your windows

Tell me that's what's meant to be.

We're not alright and nor's the world,

That's just another lie.

We're not alright and nor's the world,

Are we going to die?

Don't dare you tell us all your lies,

We know somethings wrong,

Don't dare you tell us all your lies

You've lied for way too long.

We're not so blind we cannot see

What's really going on

We're not so blind we cannot see

That everything's gone wrong.

How did we mess up again?

And will we ever learn?

Why did we mess up again?

Because of us this world will burn.

Our time is up, so take a bow,

We all know what happens now

Armageddon came to us

There's nothing left here to discuss,

Push your buttons, push them hard

Live whats left, forever scarred,

"Between us we killed humanity",

But.... We deserved it didn't we?

Thanks

ShadowedBelief

Thanks for sharing that. :smile:

I think it's really good, but we don't come out very well do we?

I mean I can understand it, we did do it after all, but it's still a bit sad for us.

Very dark, but very cool.

Don't put yourself down, I don't know how long you've been writing poetry, but I thought it was good too.

Now if everyone thought like that perhaps the world would be a better place right now.

Easy to read like poetry should be. I can't do with those ones where you can't find the rhythm and end up falling over yourself to read it.

Zygo :flame:

I like it as well. Shame people can’t learn to live with honor, or even give of themselves, then the petty excuses... gotta stop now... but humanity will not learn, its greed, that urge to have everything that will kill us.

Drake

The problem is, even if humans did see the true extent of what they are doing, there's no way that they would ever give it up. The world they created gives them luxury, even if it is slowly killing us all. But for humans to relinquish their technology, they would wind up dying from their inability to survive in the real world.

In any case, Nicely done.

Ironically Technology is the one thing that can save us now

Not if they spend their entire lives sitting in front of it though.

They have to get out there and do something about it.

Zygo

agreed Zygo, I know some people who are doing this in Australia tho. bunch of people going to uni to learn alternative energy engineering and what not, and our gov is pushing the alternative energy side of things as well, weather its symbolic or not doesn't really matter people are doing things its just not put in media as much because complaining about things gets more viewers

Well at least it’s going forward somewhere, almost every time humanity has set a goal for itself it was normally completed in about 10 years... green energy despite its simplicity has been in the spotlight for about 20-30 years and nothing has been done with it. Electric cars are a joke, just something to make the people who care about the environment waste their money. the electricity is still produced by fossil fuels, and the production of the batteries is absolutely devastating to the environment, those batteries have roughly a 10-15 year life span you probably won’t get 100,000 miles out of it. fusion power has been all but mothballed, hydrogen I haven’t heard a thing about except companies don’t want to invest in it because the profits aren’t huge because hydrogen costs next to nothing to produce once you have the equipment to extract it from water (they can’t tack too much on or people won’t switch to it and price gouging will be obvious as hell), and because its explodes... and gasoline doesn’t... (sarcasm). I’m not much of a environmentalist but i see value in having a nearly unlimited energy source.

Drake

I like your poem Shadow.

It is your very honest view of the world and it made me think about what I am doing to save the planet and if I could do more. I hope it makes more people do the same.

Hydrogen fuel cell cars are the way to go over battery powered electric if you want to save the environment, there are electric cars out there that don't have a petrol powered engine at all, they work but you don't get the distance out of them. although to be honest i am a big loud engines drag racing fan so i can't really talk about cars that save the environment cause i drive the opposite and love it :hiding:

my car isn’t setting land speed records but it has some power, it drops to 4cyl when on the highway so i get about 34mpg. i fill the tank about once a month unless i drive to dallas for entertainment purposes. hybrid vehicles are nice but they still have those batteries... chevy volt is where its at if you go that rout. im trying to decide if my next car will be a subaru or a truck... like trucks but i dont want to be the "truck guy"... then again i live in the south so everyone and their dog has a truck so i may not need to worry.

Drake

PS. sorry about truck tangent

Bringing it all back to the poem..

I don't know if I could say I liked your poem Shadow, it was too honest and to the point for that, but I thought it was strong and had a great message. Very good. :smile: