Zygopterix

Favourite Character

11 posts in this topic

Just thinking about the favourite movie thread it occured to me that perhaps people might have a favourite Character from a movie, book or play and if not then a favourite Actor/Actress.

I'm still thinking about mine and if indeed I have one at all.

Zygo :flame:

lol its either tonto from the lone ranger, hancock from hancock... dude was a douche but made me lol so much, and my favorite actor is sean connery, actress would be megan fox, though i dont trust her without makeup, thats what makes most actresses sketchy :P books/movies would be vlad taltos and gandalf... dude is like the biggest smarta**, then again, why not when you freaken dont die you just come back more powerful...

me

My favourite character from a movie would have to be Ripley from the Alien series. She's a no nonsense woman who can hold her own in any situation with other adults, a scary ass-kicking warrior with aliens, a loyal friend, a responsible cat owner, and so gentle with Newt that you realise that the writers have thought long and hard about how to make her a very well rounded character.

My favourite character from a book, it's hard to pick just one. Maybe Myrnin from 'The Morganville Vampires'. He's almost completely, irredeemably crazy, totally unpredictable, but caring and sentimental too. Quite a complicated character.

My favourite character from a play is probably Maggie Pollitt from Tennessee William's 'Cat On A Hot Tin Roof'. Wild, unpredictable, honest, faithful, spirited and stubborn. She never gives up on herself or what she wants from her life.

From the movie of 'Cat On A Hot Tin Roof' come two of my favourite actors. Elizabeth Taylor and Paul Newman.

Both incredibly talented, versatile actors. I would watch any movie they made, just because they were in it.

I can't get excited by any recent actors at all.

Tookie is a character from one of the Star wars books (The Approaching Storm) he is about waist tall on a human, very smart, brave and quick to learn. All he wants to do is better himself and learn about the Galaxy in which he lives. He does some very special things in this book then disappears and is never mentioned again anywhere as far as I can find.

It is a great shame because I think he has a lot of potential.

Zygo :flame:

Captain Jack Sparrow *big grin*

Oooh no Jalyndre. Really? lol

I think he would be my favourite character from a movie too. He's just so amazingly unexpected and awesomely cool. Ooh guys we really need a pirate sparrow smiley. Hint, hint. :smile:

My favourite character from a book would probably be Miss Marple. She is a really great example of how people only look at what's on the outside. They look at her and only see the outer cover of doddery old lady and miss the razor sharp brain hiding behind it. Most of them are caught because they underestimate her.

I don't go to see plays. I know, I know, shameful when I live in London, but I'm always working. :hapydancsmil:

Oooh no Jalyndre. Really? lol

I think he would be my favourite character from a movie too. He's just so amazingly unexpected and awesomely cool. Ooh guys we really need a pirate sparrow smiley. Hint, hint. :smile:

And not forgetting that he is extremely sexy and hot too!!!! And yes, I second the smiley suggestion...deatest and cutest administrators, please find us a if not a Jack Sparrow smiley, then at least a Pirate smiley for all us firery wenches in here :D :D :D

Maybe it's me being self absorbed, but my favorite characters tend to be the ones I relate to (and in some cases believe that I was in another life/dimension, but that can be taken with a grain of salt as far as anyone else is concerned). The Phantom Opera Ghost, V from V for Vendetta, the title character from The Music of Erich Zann by H.P. Lovecraft, and the protagonist from Optional Music for Voice and Piano by Poppy Z. Brite. Aside from the aforementioned, for the most part my favorite characters don't tend to get a lot of time in the spotlight, probably because their psychology is for the most part unrelatable to society at large, like the masked cloaked figure in "Spirited Away", and Abnaxus of the Vanaar in the video game "the Longest Journey" who comes from a race that perceives time in a wholly different manner where everything's happening all the time, sort of like the Tralfamadorians from Slaughterhouse Five.

As for actors, Robin Williams and Jack Nicholson represented the polarities of my interests for a long time, good old fashioned wacky off the wall funniness, and the "magnificent bastard" archtype i.e. relentlessly unscrupulous and self serving but does so in such a charming way that it's hard for them not to be a lovable character despite their flaws. Also agree about Sean Connery and Johny Depp.

i would like to update this a little and add jeff bridges because hes The Dude!

Drake

ps. big lebowski ref :D

Martin Freeman and Billy Bob Thornton in their roles in the TV series Fargo. Watch it, and you'll see what I mean.