Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DrakensonofDrakonis

Pacific Rim

5 posts in this topic

I went and saw the 7:00 showing of this last night and it is downright awesome. For anyone who hasn't heard of it, or is unclear what it is, it's basically the aliens from Independence Day using the monsters from Godzilla to destroy the human race, and the humans are fighting back with the robots from Evangelion. They spend a bit of time beating around the bush for the central hour, but the conversations are all important, and the action is definitely worth the wait, because once they get into it just doesn't stop. Whoever came up with the choreography for this movie did an awesome job with it. It really is worth going to see.

Thanks for this Draken. :smile:

I've seen a few of the trailers for this and it looks really good.

I haven't heard of most of the cast, but the two I do know; Charlie Hunnam and Ron Perlman (both from 'Sons Of Anarchy'), are both great actors. The action sequences in the trailers seem fast paced and well filmed and I'm really looking forward to seeing it.

Unfortunately our local cinema is closed for refurbishment and there isn't another one for miles and miles so it looks like I'm going to have to wait for the DVD. Not as awesome as seeing it at the cinema, but the best I can do.

i saw it yesterday, was pretty good, lone ranger was awesome too.

Drake

Hmmm, Johnny Depp.

What were we talking about ? lol

I haven't seen Pacific Rim. It sounds a little like a Transformers movie. (Please don't all jump on me at once.)

Mm....Johnny Depp.....hm? What? *off in Depp-land with Dem*

I haven't seen Pacific Rim, I don't really feel like it either tbh. I do want to see Lone Ranger, but Pacific Rim just looked like one more alien movie on top of too many other alien movies and TV shows. And it made me think of Battleship, which was quite good, but a movie that looks too much like another doesn't really catch my attention.

~Rhannan

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0